PDA

View Full Version : UMHB vs. Rowan University

yankeerunner
November 25th, 2013, 7:28 AM
At least on paper The Cru shouldn't have a problem with the Rowan University Profs. Both teams have a couple of common opponents this year...

Rowan 24 - Wesley 17
Rowan 7 - Kean 6

UMHB 35 - Wesley 7
UMHB 34 - Kean 7

The weather should be perfect, high of 64 and cloudy for Saturday.

I think The Cru will beat The Profs 42 - 10, what do you think?

CenTexDave
November 25th, 2013, 8:37 AM
Not real sure. Obviously The Cru is a better team, playing at home, but Rowan is ranked so beware.
But think the Cru by 24 (at least).

yankeerunner
November 25th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Yes, but Wesley was ranked #5 when we played them earlier this season. I see that Rowan has 21 points to UMHB's 588 points this past week on the polls. Although when the playoffs come around the teams for the most part have earned their way there and can hold their own. If it's not raining we'll have more points. BTW, Does anyone know what happened to WR #4 Marcus Wimby on Saturday? I don't remember hearing that he was injured. He does a great job with the Wild Cat when we run it.

CenTexDave
November 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM
And where is Wesley ranked now?
They aren't. Obviously weren't nearly as good as advertised.

Night Owl
November 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Cru by 37. Another nail biter.:))

yankeerunner
November 25th, 2013, 2:32 PM
And where is Wesley ranked now? They aren't. Obviously weren't nearly as good as advertised.

Wesley is now ranked #15 and Rowan is ranked #29. Just as a point of reference…Redlands is ranked #26.

yankeerunner
November 25th, 2013, 2:37 PM
Cru by 37. Another nail biter.:))

If it cold, but dry I'm still going with a 42 point win. The one edge that I'll give to Rowan is that since they're from New Jersey they are used to playing in the wet and cold, as well as snow. But, that won't be enough…they will have to have a perfect, error free game to have a chance to beat The Cru. Being 2,000 miles away from home prevents having very many fans in the stands cheering for them.

CenTexDave
November 25th, 2013, 3:40 PM
And just the trip here from NJ should bother them. Probably still stuffed with turkey and pumpkin pie, they'll fly here on Friday.

yankeerunner
November 25th, 2013, 6:26 PM
Anyone interested in getting a bunch of turkeys together for the Rowan players, so they can enjoy the effect of the tryptophan (the chemical in turkey that makes you feel sleepy) before the game?

Rick
November 26th, 2013, 7:13 AM
http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/umhb-football-cru-add-another-tally-to-defense-special-teams/article_b0ff11f8-5664-11e3-9d84-001a4bcf6878.html

According to this, Wimby could play Saturday.

The weather will be perfect. I would hope that more people come to the game. Attendance is always down after Thanksgiving since many of the students go home for the holiday. T

his is a perfect time for the locals to come out and cheer on the #2 team in the country and take a break from the leftovers and enjoy a Cru dog...lol

Tickets
Season ticket holders can purchase tickets from 7:30 a.m. to noon today, before they go on sale to the general public 12:30-6 p.m. today and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday at the ticket windows located at Gate One of Crusader Stadium.
Tickets can also be purchased online starting at 1 p.m. today.
The link for online sales can be found on the school’s athletic website.

CenTexDave
November 26th, 2013, 8:49 AM
Rick - would love to attend but THE GAME with that team up north is on at noon!!

Rick
November 26th, 2013, 10:17 AM
That's my son's sorry excuse too. :)h My daughter and I are going and I'll DVR the Buckeyes.

CenTexDave
November 26th, 2013, 10:27 AM
O - H - I - O
Buckeyes -42, That Team Up North - 13
And keep your fingers crossed that Auburn rolls The Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!

yankeerunner
November 26th, 2013, 2:44 PM
Yeah I saw that about Wimby in the paper. If he's able to run the wildcat that will really mess with Rowan, see how they are able to defend when we spread everything all the way out to the sides!

Rick
November 30th, 2013, 12:31 PM
End of the first, Crusaders leading, 14-6. Rowan came to play.

CenTexDave
November 30th, 2013, 12:33 PM
So did Michigan. lol

Rick
November 30th, 2013, 1:13 PM
Crusaders tightened it up after the Rowan opening drive. Now leading, 35-6 at the half.

I plan on watching the Buckeyes when I get home. Please no spoiler..lol

CenTexDave
November 30th, 2013, 1:24 PM
It's 21-21 at the half, Mr. Walker.
2nd half started and both had to punt on their first possessions.
But then.............................................. ..... :)
I do accept bribes. :))
Go Cru!!!!!!!!!!

Rick
November 30th, 2013, 2:10 PM
38-8 after an ugly 3rd quarter.

CenTexDave
November 30th, 2013, 2:12 PM
It's ugly in Ann Arbor too.

CenTexDave
November 30th, 2013, 2:46 PM
Come on, what's the score out there Rick?:)

Rick
November 30th, 2013, 2:51 PM
Crusaders won 58-8.

CenTexDave
November 30th, 2013, 2:56 PM
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!
I won't ruin it for you, but .................................................. .....:))

yankeerunner
November 30th, 2013, 7:18 PM
The Cru did a great job today! Although Rowan jumped to a quick start and drew first blood, The Cru tend to pick up steam as the game go on. I knew that UMHB would beat Rowan, but I wasn't expecting them to beat them so bad and take such control over most of the aspects of the game. It looks like Saint John Fisher will come down next week for the Quarter Finals. I think The Cru are peaking right on course. Go Cru!

Rick
November 30th, 2013, 7:21 PM
Special teams was incredible once again and the defense was pretty stingy as usual. What can you say about Anderson. One hell of a good QB.

The way Rowan marched down the field on the opening drive had me worried. It's almost as if the missed extra point energized the Cru and deflated Rowan.

Rick
November 30th, 2013, 7:22 PM
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!
I won't ruin it for you, but .................................................. .....:))
After I saw you post the halftime score, I stopped reading and only posted...lol

I came home and speed watched the fight and the second half. :)