PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With The Cowboys Today?

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2013, 5:32 PM
They're winning and looking good!!! :)

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2013, 6:19 PM
Guess I spoke too soon. They're trying to find a way to lose.

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2013, 6:46 PM
They won!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbh
November 24th, 2013, 7:04 PM
Well, can ya believe it?!!!

The ONLY saving grace of a lousy football weekend.

The Baylor game absolutely ended the college football season for me.

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2013, 7:56 PM
Come on now. Baylor can still win the Big 12. Oklahoma could, maybe, hopefully, upset Oklahoma State. lol
Baylor should roll TCU and should beat Texas. They will finish 11-1 and could get a good BCS bowl game.

sojourner truth
November 24th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Be a lot easier if you narrowed the parameters down to "Whats right with the Cowboys"... I still can't believe that as piss poor as they have looked that they are still on top of their division.

I mean, Miles Austin actually played a game and made a reception...Must be good for another century or 2.

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2013, 8:48 PM
Yep, ol' Miles must be approaching his free agency and decided to do something for once.

CenTexDave
December 10th, 2013, 4:10 AM
Guess ol' Jerry has finally figured out his defense sucks.
Hopefully he has taken note that the problem was not Rob Ryan, whose New Orleans defense is playing pretty good.

cnjbond
December 10th, 2013, 7:12 AM
When you absolutely SUCK at drafting, this is what you get....a team with no depth! Until he realizes that he's going to have to grow his talent instead of trying to win Superbowls every year with Free Agents that no one else wants, then we'll keep singing "This is the Song That Doesn't End" every cotton picking year!! The fans need to start a movement to boycott the Cowboys until they get a REAL GM! I know someone will say that's not much of a fan but I think you can still be a fan and not support them financially. Quit buying Dallas merchandise, buying those over priced tickets and concessions. We all call Jerry and idiot but we're the bigger idiots because we keep enabling him...ok, I'm off my soap box for a little bit.

circle_c
December 10th, 2013, 7:30 AM
My horse if they never win a race mentality is hard to break for some. But one would think after a while it would sink in.

CenTexDave
December 10th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Read this morning Jerry blames it on injuries. Like Mr. Bond said - lousy drafts and no depth. The injury issue is old - every team has bunches of them this time of year.
All I know is the Cowboys made the Bears look like Super Bowl champs last night.

sojourner truth
December 10th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Well, when you pay guys millions, and then they figure out all they have to do is show up and play a game or 2 and then "get injured" without fear of being canned, what can you expect. Just watch who doesn't think they need top show up for training camp, and you'll see the first injury of the next season.

If Jerry wants to see where his biggest problem is, he just needs to look in the mirror.

Of course, all those primadonnas he's got are too busy making commercials to worry about football.

What I want to know is why all these loser we got rid of went somewhere else, and all of a sudden they look like the greatest players ever seen. Bennet is one of them... Mrs. Truth was griping about that for the last few weeks...Every time the cowbous play she'll say "yep...he couldn't do squat for Dallas, but all of a sudden he can do everything but fix a rainy day".

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2013, 5:16 PM
That Orlando Scandrick is about worthless.
Same thing as last week - makes a play on the ball, should intercept it, misses it and the receiver catches it for a TD.
Of course Jerry will reward him with a huge multi-year contract.

xzochye
December 15th, 2013, 6:14 PM
Forget the Cowboys! Have you seen the Saints vs Rams score?!?! Insane!

kantwin
December 15th, 2013, 6:28 PM
ROMOCEPTION!

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2013, 6:29 PM
Crunch time. The huge lead has evaporated. 36-31, 2:30 left and Romo tosses an INT.
The $20M man!! :))

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2013, 6:38 PM
TD GB. The only good thing is there is 1:30 left. And the ref conveniently didn't see the pass interference for the missed 2 pointer.
Let's see if Tony can toss another INT.

kantwin
December 15th, 2013, 6:42 PM
ROMOCEPTION again!

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2013, 6:46 PM
Inexcusable. They lead 26-3 at the half.
Tell you what - Jerry Jones needs to wise up and starting cleaning house with that defense- the defensive coordinator (RobRyan doesn't look too bad now, does he, Jerry?) and that worthless secondary.
Get rid of Garrett too. And while at it dump Romo.

cnjbond
December 15th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I went to sleep at half time and woke up to see that they lost...you've GOT to be kidding me!!! Did they quit running the ball in the 2nd half because they were killing the Packers with it in the 1st half.

If Jerry was pissed off after losing to the Bears, I can just imagine how he's feeling now. He might even fire himself as the GM!!!! :)

bbh
December 16th, 2013, 8:40 AM
If Jerry was pissed off after losing to the Bears, I can just imagine how he's feeling now. He might even fire himself as the GM!!!! :)

We should be so lucky.

gnatsum
December 16th, 2013, 5:00 PM
Jerry should do what other businessmen do in a time like this--HAVE A CLEARANCE SALE!!
Sell off all of the old stock, and bring in new merchandise.
Hang a 'UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT' banner in front of the store.
Offer top dollar for trades...
:))

And reduce prices across the board...

CenTexDave
December 16th, 2013, 6:20 PM
ESPN ripped the Boys a new one today. These are analysts that have kept saying the Boys will turn it around, etc.
Down to a man they pretty agree with you Gnatsum - wholesale clearance. And they even said Garrett is a nice guy, but doesn't have any idea of what he is doing out there.

Night Owl
December 16th, 2013, 6:56 PM
The same thing is wrong today that was wrong the day Jones took control of the Cowboys.

CenTexDave
December 16th, 2013, 7:11 PM
They did win 3 SuperBowls, but hell - you and I could have coached those Cowboy teams and won 3 championships.
History has pretty well proven that after a while when an owner starts meddling and micro-managing the team goes to hell. Witness Al Davis, Daniel Snyder, and for many years Jerry Jones.

Night Owl
December 16th, 2013, 8:42 PM
Would have won more if jones would have let Johnson manager the team. But two huge egos couldn't live together.

CenTexDave
December 16th, 2013, 9:15 PM
Jimmy had had it with his former Razorback teammate. Don't say as I blame him.

cnjbond
December 17th, 2013, 5:54 AM
The movement has begun, let's get rid of the bum!!! (I'm copyrighting that!)

Here's one of the SEVERAL Facebook pages dedicated to inspiring fellow Cowboy fans to revolt against all things Jerry!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/firejerryjones

Ludwig
December 17th, 2013, 6:50 AM
Are you all that stupid? Jerry Jones is the owner, president, and general manager of the Dallas Cowboys. He paid $140 million for that. Your only options are to boycott the franchise or to buy him out. Get over it. He's the boss.

cnjbond
December 17th, 2013, 7:58 AM
Are you all that stupid? Jerry Jones is the owner, president, and general manager of the Dallas Cowboys. He paid $140 million for that. Your only options are to boycott the franchise or to buy him out. Get over it. He's the boss.

I think it's stupid to complain about how terrible he is as a GM but still continue to support his pockets by buying Dallas Cowboy merchandise and tickets. I think he's a great owner and president but a terrible GM. If folks want to keep supporting his efforts, then we'll keep seeing the same results until he goes to the Big Stadium in the SKY!!

sojourner truth
December 17th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Well, I had stowed all my Cowboys paraphanellia and went to Texans gear...Oooops.

Guess I'll have to see if I can find my old Star Wars Tees in the attic.

I'm already sporting my Ellison Eagles hats instead of my Texas Rangers hats...If you have to wear sports headgear, it might as well be for a team you love, even if they ain't exactly "stellar".

CenTexDave
December 17th, 2013, 12:46 PM
10 days ago was ready to burn my Buckeyes' stuff. :))

bbh
December 17th, 2013, 1:14 PM

I fully understand that he owns the team, Ludwig. And I AM boycotting the franchise by not buying one piece of Cowboy "stuff." But I also think that fans can have a big effect on what happens through criticism and lighthearted mockery.

LOVE the firejerryjones website (yes, I know he can't be fired)....especially the Declaration of Independence. Funny!!!

http://firejerryjones.com/files/Declaration%20of%20Independence%20From%20Jerry%20J ones.pdf

My favorite (last two paragraphs):

In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A general manager whose character is thus marked by every act which may define an idiot, is unfit to be the general manager of a storied franchise.

We, therefore, the Representatives of FIRE JERRY JONES, in GENERAL FANDOM assembled, appealing to the supreme owner of the Dallas Cowboys, do, in the name and by authority of the good people of Fire Jerry Jones, solemnly publish and declare that the Dallas Cowboys are and of right ought to be run by a general manager who is competent and skilled; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the old general manager and that all fan connection between them and the old general manager is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as free and independent social media members they have full power to levy social war on general manager Jerry Jones and to do all other acts and things which independent social media members may of right do. And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of the Dallas Cowboys, we mutually pledge to each other our NFL lives, our NFL fortunes, and our sacred NFL honor.

:))

CenTexDave
December 17th, 2013, 1:56 PM
IMO those kind of websites just makes Jones more of an idiot and ornery.
He knows it's his team, it's his stadium. Personally, I hope the Skins and Eagles clean their clocks the next two weeks. The Skins probably won't, but I don't see them beating the Eagles.
Maybe then this pompous buffoon will wake up and start to realize everything that is wrong. He has no problem building a $1B stadium (although he didn't pay for one dime of it - lol), gives $100M to a mediocre fool at QB and goes after washed up free agents by dangling big $$ that nobody else will pay.
You build through the draft, and he hasn't had a good one in years.

bbh
December 17th, 2013, 4:48 PM
I like your description "pompous buffoon," Dave. Very appropriate.

cnjbond
December 20th, 2013, 12:32 AM
This is EXACTLY what I've been saying!

cowboys-fans-only-hope-boycott.html (http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/12/17/5427571/cowboys-fans-only-hope-boycott.html)

CenTexDave
December 20th, 2013, 3:24 AM
The writer hit the nail directly on the head.