PDA

View Full Version : D3 Playoff Bracket

Rick
November 17th, 2013, 9:16 PM
Since the NCAA doesn't announce the seedings, so the speculation on D3Football.com is that if Whitewater and UMHB make it to the semi's, the game would be in Wisconsin.

I think the NCAA is expecting a Mount Union/Whitewater Stagg Bowl. The highest ranked team that Mount Union has to play to get to the final is 10th, so they are likely going to walk right on in.

From: http://cruathletics.com/news/2013/11/17/fb_1117134448.aspx

Belton, Texas – The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor football team will make its tenth straight NCAA Division III National Championships appearance and its 12th in the last 13 years and the Cru will open the postseason at home after the announcement of the 32-team field Sunday evening. UMHB will open the postseason at Crusader Stadium with a 12:00 PM kickoff on Saturday, November 23rd, against Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference champion University of Redlands (7-2, 7-0 SCIAC). The Cru went 10-0 this regular season to post the fourth consecutive perfect regular season in school history and UMHB won the American Southwest Conference Championship with a 6-0 league record. UMHB will be opening the postseason at home for the seventh time in school history and the Cru will be facing Redlands for the second time this season and third time overall. Redlands will be flying to Belton for a First Round NCAA postseason game for the second time in three years. The two teams also met in the opening round of the 2011 playoffs.

"I know that both teams are dramatically different," Cru head coach Pete Fredenburg said. "I know we have made a tremendous amount of improvement from that first game and I think they have to. I have a lot of respect for Mike Maynard and his program and it should be a great ball game. We need to get a good game plan and go out and execute it."

UMHB leads the all-time series with the Bulldogs 2-0 and posted a 31-13 victory in the 2013 season opener. The Cru has a 21-11 all-time record in the NCAA Division III National Championships. The winner of the UMHB/University of Redlands game will advance to play the winner of the Rowan/Endicott opening round game. The host team for the Second Round will be announced next Sunday afternoon.

Tickets for the UMHB/University of Redlands game will go on sale to previous season ticket holders on Monday, November 18th, from 12:00-6:00 PM. Season ticket holders may also purchase tickets from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM on Tuesday, November 19th. Previous season ticket holders must purchase tickets in person or by phone at (254) 295-4455. Tickets will go on sale to the general public Wednesday and Thursday from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM and then on Friday, November 22nd, from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Reserved tickets are $10 apiece and general admission tickets are $8 for adults and $4 for students (ages 3-college age) and will be sold from the Crusader Stadium Gate One ticket windows off of University Drive or by phone at (254) 295-4455. Online ticket sales will open at 7:30 AM Wednesday through the following link: https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/team.asp?SponsorID=5745. There are no complimentary tickets or passes for NCAA postseason contests.

CenTexDave
November 18th, 2013, 8:37 AM
As usual - everything favors Mount Union.
Kind of like everything in the FBS seems to favor Alabama.
They only time any of this will change is when either of them finally lose a game.
Go Cru!!!

yankeerunner
November 18th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Whitewater has a schedule strength of .537 and UMHB's is .499 When I saw Whitewater on the same side of the bracket as The Cru I knew they would be hitting the road for the semi. Last year The Cru was stuck playing Mount Union and they came close to knocking them off their throne. Once again The Cru will have to win it on the road. But there are three rounds before we get to the semi finals and it's very possible for Whitewater to get knock off before then. If that happens, The Cru will have a little bit easier of a time. I think The Cru have a good chance to make it to the Stagg Bowl and take the title! Granted they are going to have to play a perfec game, but they have the skills and ability to do that!

If you have at least the next three Saturdays off, take a run up to Belton and support The Cru! I think you will find you get your $10 worth of great football. If you haven't been to the new Cru Stadium you will be able to enjoy a really great stadium! Wouldn't it be great to have the D3 football champion right here in central Texas?