PDA

View Full Version : Big D Woes

cnjbond
November 1st, 2013, 5:41 PM
This article lays out the many reasons why "us" Cowboy fans have been suffering for so long since the last Super Bowl glory years :

tony-romo-jerry-jones-have-dallas-cowboys-going-nowhere-fast-as-date-with-vikings-awaits (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tony-romo-jerry-jones-have-dallas-cowboys-going-nowhere-fast-as-date-with-vikings-awaits-103113)

(I hope everyone knew the Big D stood for Dallas since this IS the sports section) :)

CenTexDave
November 1st, 2013, 7:26 PM
Very true.
Need a kick-ass coach. Nice guys finish last.

cnjbond
November 6th, 2013, 2:40 AM
They need a new GM but we all know that ain't gonna happen til the Good Lord calls Jerry home. Don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing death on him, just saying get used to things being the way they are for a few more years. All that perceived talent being wasted because they can't/won't let a coach be a coach instead of a puppet.

cnjbond
November 11th, 2013, 1:37 AM
Hey Jerry, I'm guessing Rob Ryan wasn't the reason the defense sucked last year...these boys just looked lost and overwhelmed, like they had no business being on the same field with the Saints. It's definitely looking like another 8-8 season...if we're lucky!

bbh
November 11th, 2013, 1:55 AM
Could Jerry Jones just be deported or something??? I wish him no harm. I just want him transported some place far, far away.

cnjbond
November 11th, 2013, 4:09 AM
Could Jerry Jones just be deported or something??? I wish him no harm. I just want him transported some place far, far away.

You and 50 million other Cowboy fans!!

sfotw
November 11th, 2013, 7:25 AM
I almost felt sorry for Dallas last night.

CenTexDave
November 11th, 2013, 8:47 AM
Last year it was injuries on the defense. At least that's the excuse we all heard.
This year same thing. Maybe they just need to start finding new defensive players.

kantwin
November 11th, 2013, 9:03 AM
Dallas Cowboys Release Jerry Jones
http://www.theonion.com/articles/dallas-cowboys-release-jerry-jones,2815/
OK, I know it's from The Onion, and satire, but still. . .
And, this is from 2009.
Every year, it's the same thing.
That should tell you something.

CenTexDave
November 11th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Past history has shown that those owners who mess with the coaches usually end up with substandard coaches and a joke of a team, i.e., Oakland with Al Davis and the Redskins with Daniel Snyder. Once Snyder finally backed off and let Shanahan coach they have been decent. Now if the Skins could find a defense they'd be real contenders.
I saw on the tube last night that the Boys have had 13 different DL starters this year. Small wonder their D sucks. And the secondary hasn't been good in years. DeMarcus Ware is back, but he can't do it by himself.
All in all, I'm sure Rob Ryan had a helluva good laugh last night.
And now the Boys are tied with the Eagles who are starting to play very well. I think Chip Kelly has given up on his go-go high octane offense and let Nick Foles develop into a good QB. Vick is outta the picture now. If the Boys don't come up with something quick I see an 8-8 or 7-9 campaign and no playoffs.

cnjbond
November 11th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Most of this mediocrity stems from Jerry refusing to believe that his team needs to rebuild instead of thinking they are just one washed up free agent away from being Super bowl contenders every cotton pickin' year! He needs to use New Englands playbook, get as much draft value as you can from the good players that are in the twilight of their careers while the getting is good. They aren't going to win a Superbowl before D-Ware retires...although I'd hate to see a standup guy like him leave the organization, he's gonna have to go or restructure his contract to stay, along with Witten, Romo, Bryant & a host of other players with overvalued contracts. They DEFINITELY need to get rid of Moon-over-my-Hammy Austin, that guy couldn't stay healthy even if they were playing flag football!

Done with my rant...go Cowboys!! :)

CenTexDave
November 11th, 2013, 1:49 PM
Unfortunately, they've let too many good free agents get away because they have so much tied up with 3 or 4 players. $100 million now tied up in Romo. Unreal.

bbh
November 11th, 2013, 8:05 PM
Unfortunately, they've let too many good free agents get away because they have so much tied up with 3 or 4 players. $100 million now tied up in Romo. Unreal.

When I read those words in black and white, it makes me sick.

sojourner truth
November 11th, 2013, 9:33 PM
When is everyone going to get the idea that maybe it ain't the coaches, but the players?

I mean, how else can you explain things like Martellis Bennett? Can't do squat for the boys, but going to the pro bowl next year.

Face it...the Cowboys are entry level stuff for players who want to establish themselves in the NFL until they can cop out to a team where they can display their talent. And I mean establish themselves salary-wise before getting a real day job.

You can take Romo off that list however...He has no talent.

CenTexDave
November 12th, 2013, 8:42 AM
It is the players, most of us have been saying that for years. Lots of injuries, but all teams have that.
But Jerry is half the problem. Lousy drafts. Wasting all that money on one player (Romo) hasn't helped.

cnjbond
November 12th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I'd say he amounts to more than half the problem. What's been the one thing that has been constant since Dallas won their last Super bowl 'til now? Jerry Jones!!

CenTexDave
November 12th, 2013, 1:53 PM
And he had Jimmy Jones then who knew how to draft. Bad first year, but made the playoffs the second and then that amazing run. Of course leave it to Jerry to piss her former teammate and friend off so Jimmy left. Switzer won a SuperBowl, too, but hell I could've been the coach and won it with that lineup! :)

bbh
November 12th, 2013, 6:29 PM
I don't think that the team owner should always be given the ultimate blame for lousy teams, but this one should. He's not only a hands-on owner....he has every finger in every Dallas Cowboys pie! He's a micromanager who has ruined the franchise. And it REALLY ticks me off!!!!!

CenTexDave
November 13th, 2013, 9:25 AM
Ed Reed was waived by the Texans yesterday. Although he is old for a DB (think he's 35), there is a helluva lot of great experience there.
Must be worth a look by the Cowboys.

CenTexDave
November 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
All the problems with the Boys' defense, especially the d backfield, and they let Ed Reed get away. He just signed with the Jets.:(