CenTexDave
October 27th, 2013, 7:31 PM
And it ain't A&M!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEwtFr58lFQ

xzochye
October 27th, 2013, 7:38 PM

Oh so you actually mean the second best band. Thanks for clearing that up.

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2013, 7:44 PM
Nice try.
I still get goosebumps when I watch that band do Script Ohio and they dot the "i", just as I did when I went there.
You see, there are three teams in Ohio. The only one that matters plays in Columbus.

Wolfdawg
October 27th, 2013, 9:12 PM
I still remember the cartoon where two indians were watching a wagon train. In the next frame they break out of line and start forming up for the night. In the last frame they spell out Ohio and one indian says to the next," You can always tell when the wagon master used to be a band director!":))

Grumpy
October 27th, 2013, 10:03 PM

Disagree. It is them Aggies. No contest. :-)

Scarlett
October 27th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I am on team Ohio for marching bands too. Wow. They are just amazing.

cnjbond
October 28th, 2013, 6:40 AM
I am on team Ohio for marching bands too. Wow. They are just amazing.

You would be on the losing team then! The Aggie Band is THE best precision marching you'll ever see aside from a DCI band.

Rick
October 28th, 2013, 7:09 AM
After making Michael Jackson moonwalk last week.

They did this this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNe0ZUD19EE

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2013, 8:11 AM
For the past decade Ohio State's marching band has been voted best.
I have seen only one better for precision and maneuvers and for music. And no one will believe me, but that is Valley Forge Military Academy and Junior College in Pennsylvania, just outside Philadelphia. But they are a bit different - all of the band members are scholarship holders to the academy and college and they all live together in the same dorm.
To all you naysayers, you're full of what comes out the south end of a north facing horse. A&M even wants to copy the Buckeyes in stadiums. lol
Surrender now all you Aggies. Next I suppose you think Manziel and A&M would even beat them in football!! :)):)):bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl

Night Owl
October 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
While I think Zero State U:)) has an outstanding band and they give a great performance, when it comes to precision the Aggie band is the best. The lines and spacing between members leaves a little to be desired by the OSU, unless you have been drinking then they probably look straight and evenly spaced.

I am not a big Aggie supporter but I give the edge to them. Football is a coin flip this year but I might give the edge to OSU. Hopefully we get to see them play. There might be two teams from Texas that could put the smack down on them. The other being Baylor.

Hell, who does OSU play week in and week out. Oh right the Big 10, they are probably right behind the Mountain West in strength of schedule.:))

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Owl, you're getting my dander up. lol
Even Sports Illustrated says Ohio State has the best band in the land. Maybe it's all those sour notes the Aggie's blow that causes them to finish lower. :)
Hats off to Baylor this year. I've been a fan of theirs for years, even before RG3 went there. But talk about weak schedule?? Their toughest games are coming up. I'll be thoroughly surprised, but hope I am, if they remain undefeated.
And while A&M and Ohio State would be a thriller, two QB's who are about replicas of each other, A&M could not stop Ohio State's RB Carlos Hyde. A 238 lb bulldozer who moves like a gazelle.
If I were you I'd just support your North Texas team. Oh, that's right. Their two stars are from Cove. :))

Grumpy
October 28th, 2013, 1:25 PM
By the way, what part of Texas is Ohio in?

Rick
October 28th, 2013, 2:27 PM
Texas wishes.

cnjbond
October 28th, 2013, 2:40 PM
Texas wishes.
Mmmmm, not so much...

Rick
October 28th, 2013, 2:45 PM
Hush up and eat your camel! :))

cnjbond
October 28th, 2013, 3:18 PM
Hush up and eat your camel! :))

Tastes like chicken!

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2013, 3:23 PM
And how many total national championships has teams in this state won? Let's see - UT has 3 I believe, and one of those was a national championship that was awarded before the Cotton Bowl was played that the Horns promptly lost. :))
TCU has one I think, A&M maybe two.
Ohio State? 7, 8 if you count a split one that was awarded as UT got one of theirs - before the bowl game. Only problem was, that was the infamous Rose Bowl that OSU's faculty voted not to play in so the Buckeyes stayed home that day. Woody Hayes nearly quit because of that. He took it as a slap in the face, and rightfully so.
Now don't get me wrong. I hope UT and A&M, Baylor and TCU, Texas Tech and North Texas all do well, except when they play that team from O-H-I-O.

Grumpy
October 28th, 2013, 4:27 PM
And how many total national championships has teams in this state won? Let's see - UT has 3 I believe, and one of those was a national championship that was awarded before the Cotton Bowl was played that the Horns promptly lost. :))
TCU has one I think, A&M maybe two.
Ohio State? 7, 8 if you count a split one that was awarded as UT got one of theirs - before the bowl game. Only problem was, that was the infamous Rose Bowl that OSU's faculty voted not to play in so the Buckeyes stayed home that day. Woody Hayes nearly quit because of that. He took it as a slap in the face, and rightfully so.
Now don't get me wrong. I hope UT and A&M, Baylor and TCU, Texas Tech and North Texas all do well, except when they play that team from O-H-I-O.

It seems that a name change is in order to BuckeyeDave. :))

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2013, 4:28 PM
Only if they play UT, A&M, TCU or Baylor. :))

Grumpy
October 28th, 2013, 4:31 PM
Texas wishes.

Ohiodream'n Rickie :))

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2013, 5:28 PM
You're losing it Larry. :))

kantwin
October 28th, 2013, 5:34 PM
And how many total national championships has teams in this state won? Let's see - UT has 3 I believe, and one of those was a national championship that was awarded before the Cotton Bowl was played that the Horns promptly lost. :)) TCU has one I think, A&M maybe two. Ohio State? 7, 8 if you count a split one that was awarded as UT got one of theirs - before the bowl game. Only problem was, that was the infamous Rose Bowl that OSU's faculty voted not to play in so the Buckeyes stayed home that day. Woody Hayes nearly quit because of that. He took it as a slap in the face, and rightfully so. Now don't get me wrong. I hope UT and A&M, Baylor and TCU, Texas Tech and North Texas all do well, except when they play that team from O-H-I-O.
Need I say it?
ROLL TIDE!

gnatsum
October 28th, 2013, 5:50 PM
Need I say it?
ROLL TIDE!

Reminds me of a joke about the Constitution of the State of Alabama...
It has just TWO words written on it...
ROLL TIDE!

:))

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2013, 6:04 PM
They are rolling for sure.

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2013, 6:05 PM
By the way, what part of Texas is Ohio in?

I guess another reb who forgot won the war. :))

Iteachtoo
October 28th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Ohio has ALWAYS had an amazing band, and yes I love A&M and I even love to watch those little tsippers, they are great too. But, the last two shows Ohio has done are one for the record books. They have to hold the title of best. I loved the way the T rex ate the man. That is an AMAZING band. I have both of those videos downloaded and my daughter and I love to watch them. I thought the sea battle was awesome.

cnjbond
October 29th, 2013, 2:43 AM
I guess another reb who forgot won the war. :))

The South didn't lose, we just ran out of time....

Grumpy
October 29th, 2013, 8:00 AM
Save your Confederate money the will ......

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2013, 9:55 AM
I have a few Confederate bills. They are probably worth more than the greenbacks I have. :))

kantwin
October 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Or counterfeit. There's lots of counterfeit confederate stuff out there.

cnjbond
October 29th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Or counterfeit. There's lots of counterfeit confederate stuff out there.
Dang Chinese, counterfeiting everything!!! ;)

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I was given these by an aunt over 50 years ago. Doubt they are counterfeit.
I'm just gonna wait til the South rises again!! :)

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2013, 2:49 PM
Here's the entire halftime show. Anyone who takes 10 minutes to watch it will change their vote.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/this-is-why-ohio-state-universitys-marching-band-is-actually