PDA

View Full Version : Two Undefeateds Go Down

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2013, 9:50 AM
Texas Tech and Mizzou lost yesterday. Felt bad for Tech, and Mizzou must be wondering what happened as they were leading 17-0 going into the 4th quarter.
Fresno State pulled one out in OT. Although they won they have not showed me much and aren't a BCS buster. Neither is Northern Illinois. They had their chance last year in the BCS and got dusted bad by Florida State.
Next Saturday will be a key match up - Florida State and Miami. Both now undefeated.
Baylor kept it's high octane offense going with a rout of Kansas. But I don't think they will go undefeated. Somebody is gonna stop them.
Oregon was tied with UCLA at the half, then went on an offensive explosion in the second half. UCLA had a few key personnel injured, but that is football. Their only serious competition left is Stanford.
Ohio State finally quit playing down to their competition. If you didn't watch it last night it was a real butt whooping.
And finally Bama. Nick Saban can start booking a flight to the BCS Championship after blowing out Tennessee. Still has LSU (who didn't look very impressive in beating Furman - Furman??!! lol) and Auburn, then the SEC Championship Game.
Still way too early to predict who will play for the national championship. But think it will be Bama against either Florida State, Oregon or Ohio State. No matter who it is, will have to be a better game than that farce last season between The Tide and Notre Dame.

kantwin
October 27th, 2013, 9:55 AM
Texas Tech and Mizzou lost yesterday. Felt bad for Tech, and Mizzou must be wondering what happened as they were leading 17-0 going into the 4th quarter.
Fresno State pulled one out in OT. Although they won they have not showed me much and aren't a BCS buster. Neither is Northern Illinois. They had their chance last year in the BCS and got dusted bad by Florida State.
Next Saturday will be a key match up - Florida State and Miami. Both now undefeated.
Baylor kept it's high octane offense going with a rout of Kansas. But I don't think they will go undefeated. Somebody is gonna stop them.
Oregon was tied with UCLA at the half, then went on an offensive explosion in the second half. UCLA had a few key personnel injured, but that is football. Their only serious competition left is Stanford.
Ohio State finally quit playing down to their competition. If you didn't watch it last night it was a real butt whooping.
And finally Bama. Nick Saban can start booking a flight to the BCS Championship after blowing out Tennessee. Still has LSU (who didn't look very impressive in beating Furman - Furman??!! lol) and Auburn, then the SEC Championship Game.
Still way too early to predict who will play for the national championship. But think it will be Bama against either Florida State, Oregon or Ohio State. No matter who it is, will have to be a better game than that farce last season between The Tide and Notre Dame.

Don't forget the one before that, where LSU crossed the 50 yard line, what, once, maybe twice?

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I didn't forget. The one where LSU beat Bama in the regular season? lol
All these upsets in the SEC are good for football. It does appear the SEC has just one dominant team this year, as does the Big Ten and Pac-14. The Big12 and ACC still have the jury out.
Loved watching Minnesota beat Nebraska yesterday. Minnesota's RB, David Cobb, is from Killeen.

kantwin
October 27th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I didn't forget. The one where LSU beat Bama in the regular season? lol All these upsets in the SEC are good for football. It does appear the SEC has just one dominant team this year, as does the Big Ten and Pac-14. The Big12 and ACC still have the jury out. Loved watching Minnesota beat Nebraska yesterday. Minnesota's RB, David Cobb, is from Killeen.
The one where LSU beat Bama was the field goal contest.

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Sure was. And probably the most boring football game I ever watched. At least boring to me - I like lots of scoring, razzle-dazzle. I appreciate good defenses, but that Bama-LSU game about put me to sleep.

sojourner truth
October 27th, 2013, 4:09 PM
Baylor moved up to #5 spotting today. Bet that pisses someone off royally.

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2013, 5:35 PM
Not me. I love it, but doubt they will go undefeated.