PDA

View Full Version : Oct 25 Games

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 7:24 PM
Please post scores if you are in the stands or listening to a radio broadcast.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 7:37 PM
Ellison and Cove underway at Fort Hood. Ellison receives.

Scarlett
October 25th, 2013, 7:37 PM
Ellison and Cove underway at Fort Hood. Ellison receives.

And that will probably be the highlight. Sigh.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 7:47 PM
Suck it up girl. They used to be great. Of course that was before you started teaching there. lol
Ellison did go three and out, but their defense is playing very aggressive. Too aggressive - 3 offsides penalties already. But they stopped Cove.
Don't know what is wrong with Cove's offense lately. No rushing attack at all.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 7:54 PM
Dawg TD. Cove-7, Ellison-0

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 8:02 PM
14-0 Dawgs. Manny Harris 1 TD pass, 1 TD run. Still first quarter.
Update from the radio - Shoemaker leads Midway, 7-3. Go Wolves!!!!!!

xzochye
October 25th, 2013, 8:03 PM
Midway 3 SHS 7

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 8:05 PM
Belton beating Killeen. Poor Roos.
Dawgs force a fumble and are moving again. At the Ellison 20. Poor Eagles.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 8:12 PM
Cove-21, Ellison-0, early 2nd quarter.

Scarlett
October 25th, 2013, 8:15 PM
Cove-21, Ellison-0, early 2nd quarter.

I'm gonna sue for bullying!!!!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 8:17 PM
Some other games:
HH and Temple are tied, Shoemaker still leading Midway, and Belton still beating Killeen.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 8:25 PM
Ellison scores, 21-7 Cove.

Scarlett
October 25th, 2013, 8:29 PM
Ellison scores, 21-7 Cove.
Damn. There goes my lawsuit!!

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 8:34 PM
Cove scores again, 28-7. 5:14 left 2nd quarter.
Shoemaker leading Midway at the half, 7-3.

xzochye
October 25th, 2013, 8:35 PM
Damn. There goes my lawsuit!!

Haha

siamcat
October 25th, 2013, 8:40 PM
Poor Roos, they beat Cove after how many years and it's been downhill from there. Dave did you jinx us?:07:

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 8:44 PM
Wasn't me. But it sure seemed to bring a jinx to the Roos.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 8:48 PM
Scarlett, hope you didn't trash your paperwork. Get ready to re-file.
Dawgs-34, Ellison-7

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 9:06 PM
Eagles drive inside the Dawgs' 5 and Cove holds.
Halftime.

xzochye
October 25th, 2013, 9:09 PM
This game is intense! Midway is MAD! Both offenses leave something to be desired and our defense is rocking! There has been several plays where we haven't let them get any yards at all. We are pretty good at pushing them back.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 9:12 PM
Go Wolves!!!

olderthandirt
October 25th, 2013, 9:48 PM
So sad for Ellison - really hoped that a new coach would bring some possibilities (even tho he brought a "less than stellar" record). These boys play their hearts out, and it's hard to watch them walk off the field after working that hard.

xzochye
October 25th, 2013, 9:49 PM
So sad for Ellison - really hoped that a new coach would bring some possibilities (even tho he brought a "less than stellar" record). These boys play their hearts out, and it's hard to watch them walk off the field after working that hard.

Don't give up hope it takes time.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 9:51 PM
The game is getting sloppy now. Cove seems to play down to their competition's level in the second half.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 9:52 PM
Ellison scores. Took them 8 tries from inside the 2 yard line. lol 34-14

xzochye
October 25th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Shoemaker brought down the undefeated!!!

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Cove TD. 41-14

xzochye
October 25th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Ending score 7-3!

Wolfdawg
October 25th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Woop woop Shoemaker!!!!

JohnKilleen
October 25th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Way to go Wolves. The district positions for playoffs will be interesting. CCHS and Shoemaker Div 1 and Temple and Midway Div 2.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Outf___ingstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Wolves!!!!!!!!!!!

xzochye
October 25th, 2013, 10:16 PM
That was an intense game! Talk about a fast beating heart!

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Clock problems at Fort Hood Stadium. The announcers comment on how bad this field is - the turf is not good, shadows all over the place.
The other four schools in 8-5A need to tell KISD no more.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 10:24 PM
TD Cove.
48-21 Cove. This just shows Cove's defense sucks. They still have to play Temple. They'll probably make the playoffs but it will be one and done.
Had enough of this clock screwing up. 95% of the games tonight are ended, and this still has 6 minutes.
I'll read about it in the morning.

Wolfdawg
October 25th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Shoemakermakermakermaker What?
8-;

Scarlett
October 25th, 2013, 10:47 PM
TD Cove. 48-21 Cove. This just shows Cove's defense sucks. They still have to play Temple. They'll probably make the playoffs but it will be one and done. Had enough of this clock screwing up. 95% of the games tonight are ended, and this still has 6 minutes. I'll read about it in the morning.

I just picked up my kid. I'm so happy the games are at Hood. So much closer to home. 48-28 final I believe.

RooDawg
October 25th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Congratulations to the Wolves!!

xzochye
October 25th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Hmmmm where is good ol onetime at now? I remember him saying something like SHS would never be one of the top teams in KISD. Well look where we are!

cnjbond
October 26th, 2013, 5:13 AM
Hmmmm where is good ol onetime at now? I remember him saying something like SHS would never be one of the top teams in KISD. Well look where we are!

If you go in the bathroom, look in the mirror and say his name 3Xs, he'll appear...but beware!!!

cnjbond
October 26th, 2013, 5:23 AM
Well, well, well...looks like my Roos rallied late and pulled off the win, 31-28. Great job Roos!!

revived-roos-killeen-keeps-playoff-hopes-alive-with-two-late-scores-in-Belton (http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/revived-roos-killeen-keeps-playoff-hopes-alive-with-two-late/article_ec9956e8-3e12-11e3-bc43-0019bb30f31a.html)

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2013, 6:28 AM
Real jam for the playoffs now. That loss about kills Belton's chances. Heights and Ellison are already out of it.
And a very well earned congrats to Shoemaker for their win over Midway. How they ever held Midway to 3 points is beyond me. Great job!!
Jack Welch was asked about the playing conditions on Fort Hood's field. I think he's about had it. Obviously no one on Fort Hood knows how to maintain a football stadium's natural turf.

Bob_Popular
October 26th, 2013, 8:05 AM
Yeah the playoff picture is quite a mess. It would appear midway and temple are in good spots. The rest is up for grabs

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2013, 8:44 AM
I think the key game, at least now, is Cove and Temple next Friday night. If Cove loses they will have 3 district losses. If Temple loses they will have 2 district losses. Midway lost last night, but don't think that will happen again.
I'm gonna stick my neck out here and predict Cove beats Temple.
The 8-5A playoff teams will then be Midway, Cove, Temple and Shoemaker.

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2013, 8:47 AM
And absolutely nothing in the KDH online edition this morning about Shoemaker's huge win over Midway last night.
But they have articles about Lampasas and other schools outside of Killeen.
Yep, the KDH strikes again. What a totally worthless newspaper.

Scarlett
October 26th, 2013, 9:07 AM
Jack Welch was asked about the playing conditions on Fort Hood's field. I think he's about had it. Obviously no one on Fort Hood knows how to maintain a football stadium's natural turf.

Is he blaming the grass for his victory?

RooDawg
October 26th, 2013, 10:20 AM
And absolutely nothing in the KDH online edition this morning about Shoemaker's huge win over Midway last night.
But they have articles about Lampasas and other schools outside of Killeen.
Yep, the KDH strikes again. What a totally worthless newspaper.

It's there. You have to go to KDH Pressbox but it's there.

RooDawg
October 26th, 2013, 10:21 AM

Negative. He's blaming the poor playing conditions, mainly the playing field, for runners falling down and band members getting hurt during their performances.

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Sometimes you are a laugh a minute, Scarlett.
The grass from the hash marks to each sideline is much higher and thicker. The center of the field was quoted by some Dawg players as feeling like when you take a step you sink. When Cove played Killeen there three band members tripped in that higher grass and got hurt.
Now, sure, both teams have to play on that stuff, but ask some of your players on Monday if they liked the field. I would be surprised they give it a thumbs up.

xzochye
October 26th, 2013, 11:40 AM
It's there. You have to go to KDH Pressbox but it's there.

Can you post a link to the story? I cannot find a single mention about the Shoemaker game last night. I have looked everywhere for it.

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2013, 11:52 AM
XZ - is this what you are looking for? From this morning's KDH:
"Playing at Hood Stadium, where long grass graces the sideline, Bulldawgs receiver Phillip Baptiste could not be slowed down, posting a 100-yard game to top the 1,000-yard plateau for the season. Despite the dry conditions, Baptiste felt like he was stuck in cement at times.
“This grass feels like you are running in mud,” the senior said. “We had to change up the timing because this isn’t the same as playing on turf, but we got it together.”
"After the game, Bulldawgs coach Jack Welch agreed with his star receiver on the stadium’s playing conditions.

“The bottom line is that (the conditions) need to be appropriate to the game,” he said. “When I’ve got receivers falling down (it is not right). Last time we came here, three band members got hurt out here tripping in the grass. … It is extremely thick from the hash to the sideline.”

xzochye
October 26th, 2013, 12:10 PM
XZ - is this what you are looking for? From this morning's KDH:
"Playing at Hood Stadium, where long grass graces the sideline, Bulldawgs receiver Phillip Baptiste could not be slowed down, posting a 100-yard game to top the 1,000-yard plateau for the season. Despite the dry conditions, Baptiste felt like he was stuck in cement at times.
“This grass feels like you are running in mud,” the senior said. “We had to change up the timing because this isn’t the same as playing on turf, but we got it together.”
"After the game, Bulldawgs coach Jack Welch agreed with his star receiver on the stadium’s playing conditions.

“The bottom line is that (the conditions) need to be appropriate to the game,” he said. “When I’ve got receivers falling down (it is not right). Last time we came here, three band members got hurt out here tripping in the grass. … It is extremely thick from the hash to the sideline.”

Nope, I am looking for something about the ONLY school in the area that was able to bring down Midway!

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2013, 1:20 PM
I looked on KDH Pressbox and nothing there. I hate to say it, but I have doubts they even had a reporter covering this game. Yet they can cover Lampasas and Florence and, pardon me GR, nothing personal, Salado. Who the hell cares about those??
The KDH strikes again!!

JohnKilleen
October 26th, 2013, 1:40 PM
The Shoemaker win is on the front page and the head of the sports section of the print edition of the KDH.

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2013, 1:43 PM
Then I guess they just wanted to piss off Shoemaker fans who rely on the online edition.:))

Wolfdawg
October 26th, 2013, 2:06 PM
You have to dig a little on the website but:
http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/a-shoe-in-wolves-take-giant-leap-toward-playoffs-with/article_732f691c-3e14-11e3-a806-0019bb30f31a.html

sojourner truth
October 26th, 2013, 9:07 PM
Boy, I'm sure glad KHS got that win last night. Coach hasn't been to church for 2 weeks.

Wolves are astounding this year.

cuatro
October 29th, 2013, 4:21 PM
I looked on KDH Pressbox and nothing there. I hate to say it, but I have doubts they even had a reporter covering this game. Yet they can cover Lampasas and Florence and, pardon me GR, nothing personal, Salado. Who the hell cares about those??
The KDH strikes again!!

I said the same thing on another thread in this High School section. It is appalling what the paper covers and doesn't cover in sports. It is the KILLEEN Daily Herald, and our schools and teams should always be featured first, before Salado, Belton, Gatesville, Lampasas, Copperas Cove, and Temple. Jeez...