PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's games 10/18

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 5:39 PM
Any predictions for tonight?

Mine are:

Belton @ Cove = Cove forsure

Heights @ Shoemaker = I hope SHS but wow this one could be anyone's game!

Ellison @ Temple = Temple

Midway @ Killeen = Midway

CenTexDave
October 18th, 2013, 7:33 PM
I'll be listening to the Belton-Cove game and post online. Hope Cove takes this one, if not the playoffs may be out of reach. It's been a while since a Cove team was 3-3.
Go Wolves!!!!!
Temple will destroy Ellison and I think Midway will do the same to Killeen.

CenTexDave
October 18th, 2013, 7:54 PM
Cove, 6-0, have caused two Belton turnovers already, and driving again.

corgifan
4 mins to go in 1st qtr. Wolves up 13-0 and looking damned good.

xzochye
Wolves are 13-0 with 3:49 left in the 1st quarter.

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 7:57 PM
Corgi are you at the game?

sojourner truth
October 18th, 2013, 7:59 PM
She's the mascot.:)

CenTexDave
October 18th, 2013, 7:59 PM
Cove-12, Belton-0, late first quarter.
Just heard it announced Killeen is up over Midway, 10-2. Go Roos.

CenTexDave
October 18th, 2013, 8:07 PM
Temple-21, Ellison-7

CenTexDave
October 18th, 2013, 8:12 PM
TD Cove. Manny Harris to Philip Baptiste, 34 yard pass.
Cove-19, Belton-0, still 1:25 left in the first.

Come on, XZ, tell us what's going on with Shoemaker and Heights.

CenTexDave
October 18th, 2013, 8:15 PM
Just stated on the radio: Cove's offense is the number one offense in the state in yards. Not bad, but would be nicer if they were 6-0 instead of 3-3. Of course all that yardage is pretty much contributed to QB Manny Harris.

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 8:21 PM
I hate to jinx it! 19-0 the wolves are on the prowl tonight!

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 8:22 PM

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 8:34 PM
Heights scored and I may be done posting.

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 9:02 PM
What's the weather like in Cove? Just saw a weather update and it sounds like we may not be able to finish the game. I really hope that is t the case!

RooDawg
October 18th, 2013, 9:11 PM
Halftime scores

Temple over ellison 35-7
Midway over Killeen 30-10...this after killeen was up 10-2 to start the second quarter
Cove over Belton 34-7
Shoemaker over heights 19-6

CenTexDave
October 18th, 2013, 9:17 PM
So much for Killeen upsetting Midway.
Cove is blowing up Belton, but it is a very sloppy game - tons of penalties, b.s. plays, the play clock doesn't work properly, etc. Just now halftime. This thing will last until after 10:30PM.
XZ - light rain off and on.

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 9:22 PM
We are 31-9!!!

The weather report worries me!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/19/by4y8yru.jpg

corgifan
October 18th, 2013, 9:30 PM
Knights scored 9 unanswered, but the Wolves are howling. Came right back. 31-9.

CenTexDave
October 18th, 2013, 9:32 PM
We are 31-9!!!

The weather report worries me!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/19/by4y8yru.jpg

Doesn't worry me. I'm sitting here and enjoying the fireplace. lol

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 9:38 PM
The fireplace!?!? It's not that cold!!!

Being in the rain doesn't bother me. I don't want the game to be called. That is unless they start catching up! Hahaha

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 9:45 PM
Jut saw the lightening! Won't be long till the refs see it.

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 9:50 PM
38-16

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Rained for a few minutes. Score is 46-23..

corgifan
October 18th, 2013, 10:15 PM
It means nothing, but I don't like the appearance of the Shoemaker coaching staff. Untucked t-shirts. Ball caps worn backwards. They look more like old rappers than coaches. Add some bling and shades and they'd complete the look.

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 10:20 PM
One coach has his hat backwards! Coach Clevenger looks fine. It's our pink out game and the coaches have on T SHIRTS! You don't tuck T-Shirts in!

Don't be a poor sport.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/19/ujapyraj.jpg

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 10:21 PM
It means nothing, but I don't like the appearance of the Shoemaker coaching staff. Untucked t-shirts. Ball caps worn backwards. They look more like old rappers than coaches. Add some bling and shades and they'd complete the look.

Really rude!

RooDawg
October 18th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Congrats to the Shoe for beating Heights!! I really like Coach Hall and I really do not like heights...

xzochye
October 18th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Congrats to the Shoe for beating Heights!! I really like Coach Hall and I really do not like heights...

I love Coach Hall and Coach Polk. They really stand up for their boys.

cnjbond
October 19th, 2013, 6:13 AM

First it was the "homer" announcer getting overly excited calling the game for the home team and now it's the coaches appearance? Me thinks thou art a poor sport when your team loses...just a hunch. ;)

CenTexDave
October 19th, 2013, 7:02 AM
Three games to go, and a log jam at 2-2 in district. Shoemaker, Cove, Belton. Cove still has to play Temple - that seems to be the key game left in district.

ItsMe
October 19th, 2013, 7:40 AM
How long ate they giving this great new Ellison Coach to turn things around? 1? 2 years! I'm ready to start supporting my team again but refuse until they start winning!

sojourner truth
October 19th, 2013, 8:23 AM
Still a lot of issues going on here. A lot of JV players are moving up to the varsity ranks because of attrition. I don't know what happened to the Eagle defense...It was the only bright spot on the team this year, and the past 2 games they have been missing.

I do know that they have only one running back, and that they lot 3 of the others a couple of weeks ago...Not sure why, but I do know one was in a car wreck. I don't blame them for leaving in some cases...from the way I saw the backs coach talking to the players, I wouldn't play for him myself. The new coach is a really nice guy, and the players I talk to seem to like him.

I'm going to be optimistic and say this new coach needs at least 2 years to get things rearranged. A lot of bad stuff to overcome here. All I can do is buy the tickets, cheer during the game, and talk the players up when I see them at church. I do notice they finally have a kicker.

RooDawg
October 19th, 2013, 8:27 AM
Ellison currently does not have enough talent to be competitive. That takes some time to overcome. Coach Hall is in his 3rd year at the Shoe and they are just now reaping their rewards for that coaching change. And shoemaker has had talent. It will take coach gregory at least a couple of more years to get ellison winning again. Give him that much.

Bob_Popular
October 19th, 2013, 8:57 AM
This season has really been unpredictable. I'm not sure which is the most surprising element thus far.
1. Coves early struggles
2. Shoemaker with a chance to be city champs
3. The wheels falling off at killeen
4. Temple playing so well after the injury at qb
5. Belton failing to have success

It will be interesting to see if belton or killeen has a coaching shakeup after this season

JohnKilleen
October 19th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I would expect a possible change at Belton. They re gaining enrollment and a single high school in the city. They should have the talent and depth to do much better than they have. Killeen falling apart is a surprise, but don't think it will bring about any coaching changes.

xzochye
October 19th, 2013, 10:42 AM
How long ate they giving this great new Ellison Coach to turn things around? 1? 2 years! I'm ready to start supporting my team again but refuse until they start winning!

It will take a few years. Don't give up hope. If you look back at past threads I have said all along that once all of the old coach's kids are gone from SHS that things will turn around and that is exactly what happened.

xzochye
October 19th, 2013, 10:45 AM
First it was the "homer" announcer getting overly excited calling the game for the home team and now it's the coaches appearance? Me thinks thou art a poor sport when your team loses...just a hunch. ;)

So true! I didn't even think of the announcer comment. I was telling my best friend about Corgi's comment last night, I can't believe it bothers me so much. I think it was down right rude. Anyways, since when did a backwards ball cap and an untucked T-Shirt symbolize gangsters? :?

CenTexDave
October 19th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I would expect a possible change at Belton. They re gaining enrollment and a single high school in the city. They should have the talent and depth to do much better than they have. Killeen falling apart is a surprise, but don't think it will bring about any coaching changes.
Yes, please replace Rodney Southern. Then Welch can bring him back to Cove as the defensive coordinator.

CenTexDave
October 19th, 2013, 10:47 AM
So true! I didn't even think of the announcer comment. I was telling my best friend about Corgi's comment last night, I can't believe it bothers me so much. I think it was down right rude. Anyways, since when did a backwards ball cap and an untucked T-Shirt symbolize gangsters? :?
What do you expect for the resident lib?? :))

corgifan
October 19th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Really rude!I didn't make the distinction that this was a special game which the coaches wore special T-shirts for. In that case, fine. Unwad your panties. As far as the hats, when I saw them from the sidelines, ALL of them wore them backwards. Not appropriate (IMO) for adults. But as we all know, different belief systems abound around here!

Scarlett
October 19th, 2013, 12:25 PM

Have you been keeping an eye on the JV team?
SEVERAL seniors on the varsity are going to leave this year from what I've heard. Watch the kids coming into varsity next year.

corgifan
October 19th, 2013, 12:27 PM
What do you expect for the resident lib?? :))

Sip on, connie!

xzochye
October 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I didn't make the distinction that this was a special game which the coaches wore special T-shirts for. In that case, fine. Unwad your panties. As far as the hats, when I saw them from the sidelines, ALL of them wore them backwards. Not appropriate (IMO) for adults. But as we all know, different belief systems abound around here!

Really? Hmmm all the shirts were gray and pink. All the football players had pink stripes on their helmets, most had on pink socks and pink long sleeves, cheerleaders had on pink oh and the announcer said it was the pink out game.

Anyways GO GREY WOLVES!

CenTexDave
October 19th, 2013, 1:06 PM
I didn't attend, but the radio announcer, Big Joe Lombardi, said the Dawg Pound was awash in pink last night as well.
Also, for what it's worth, I've seen many of the Dawg coaches turn their hats around. The bill just gets in their way sometimes.

sojourner truth
October 19th, 2013, 6:19 PM
Dang...I keep trying to find those hats with the bill on the back in the stores, but all I can find are the ones with the bill on the front?

CenTexDave
October 19th, 2013, 7:07 PM
Try the Bell County Flea Market tomorrow. Heard they have lots of them in stock. :)

xzochye
October 19th, 2013, 7:17 PM
Dang...I keep trying to find those hats with the bill on the back in the stores, but all I can find are the ones with the bill on the front?

Just stop and ask the next gangster you see and ask them. According to Corgi that's what they wear these days.

ItsMe
October 20th, 2013, 2:34 PM
It will take a few years. Don't give up hope. If you look back at past threads I have said all along that once all of the old coach's kids are gone from SHS that things will turn around and that is exactly what happened.

Yeah.. I guess that's true. They are used to playing one way and having to get used to another is hard.

cuatro
October 20th, 2013, 9:23 PM
I don't care if they are coaching with their shirts tucked in or not or whether their hats are forward or backward...I care if they are coaching the kids in a way that they are not only learning the game, but becoming better kids because of the coaching they are getting. This is happening at Shoemaker!!! Channon Hall cares deeply for his kids and they are very well coached. I've had the opportunity to visit with the team and they are some of the most well mannered, polite kids I've EVER worked with. They show respect to each other and their coaches and it's evident that this disciplined group is reaping the benefits of these methods on the field. Wear your hat how you want! Go Wolves!

xzochye
October 20th, 2013, 9:29 PM
I don't care if they are coaching with their shirts tucked in or not or whether their hats are forward or backward...I care if they are coaching the kids in a way that they are not only learning the game, but becoming better kids because of the coaching they are getting. This is happening at Shoemaker!!! Channon Hall cares deeply for his kids and they are very well coached. I've had the opportunity to visit with the team and they are some of the most well mannered, polite kids I've EVER worked with. They show respect to each other and their coaches and it's evident that this disciplined group is reaping the benefits of these methods on the field. Wear your hat how you want! Go Wolves!

Love, love, love!!!