PDA

View Full Version : Ware and Murray Injured

CenTexDave
October 14th, 2013, 5:15 PM
Ware is out 3-4 weeks, Murray ???

sojourner truth
October 14th, 2013, 6:27 PM
Murray...injured again...Ho hum...what else is new.

He gave them a few games. Time for him to get hurt again and sit on the sidelines for the rest of the year...Again.

CenTexDave
October 14th, 2013, 6:37 PM
Dallas' defensive is all banged up. They get the Eagles next. If Vick is back and healthy will be interesting.

cnjbond
October 15th, 2013, 1:52 AM
I don't know what it is about the Cowboy running backs...none of them have played a full season since Emmitt Smith and there were a couple of games he shouldn't have played but he gutted it out. This is definitely a different breed of players but I guess if you don't feel like you're being challenged for your job then you can play the injured card. I reckon we know where the focus will be in next years draft, D-line and a running back (Seastrunk from Baylor would be a good pickup) and though it pains me to say it, I think Manziel's TALENTS would be a good fit as well but I doubt he'd survive under the bright lights of being the QB of America's team....or maybe that's exactly the kind of lights he needs to stay out of trouble.

CenTexDave
October 15th, 2013, 6:19 AM
Both would be a good fit I think. Doubt either would be around come pick time though.

sojourner truth
October 15th, 2013, 10:59 AM
It's not just these guys, but pro athletes across America and in all sports....Seems that they will produce just enough to get a job next year, and get a few million year more, and then ....."Ooooh, my back hurts".

I was watching the Rangers pitching staff do this all last season...When they started suckingon the mound, they would get a mysterious owee and got on the DL until the heat cooled down.

I credit the players unions and slick agents with this activity. If you make yourself just valuable enough to the team to have your contract renewed next year, and then run up your stats enough to look like an asset, and then conveniently sit out half the season on your butt watching the team from your couch, you can draw the same pay as a year long player, and not have to go through all the troble of playing...Or getting injured.

We used to call it riding the sick call slip in the army. Only problem is theat the team can't give the malingering rascals an RTD slip..(Return to duty)....

CenTexDave
October 15th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I agree 110%. It's a sham.
I know it is hard to compare the NFL today with 50 years ago - much faster, players are much bigger and stronger; however, one guy sticks out in my mind - Jim Brown. Never missed a game due to injury in the 9 years he played. Dick Butkus was another - would play with broken fingers, broken ribs, etc.
I'm not saying you should play with a torn ACL, but it is getting ridiculous when "turf toe" keeps you out for more than a month or a high ankle sprain benches you for 6 weeks.

kantwin
October 15th, 2013, 3:51 PM
Brett Favre played QB with a broken thumb. On his throwing hand.

CenTexDave
October 16th, 2013, 8:41 AM
Yet Romo has a cyst on his back and can't. Really amazing.

cnjbond
October 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Yet Romo has a cyst on his back and can't. Really amazing.
You know I'm not a big Romo fan but you gotta give him credit in the toughness department, he played with cracked & bruised ribs a few times.

CenTexDave
October 16th, 2013, 1:53 PM
Yes he did. So do other QBs.
You'd think Jerry would figure it out - his $100M QB getting beat up all the time. Where is the offensive line? Cowboys haven't had a good OL since the days of Troy Aikman. Larry Allen, Erik Williams - those guys were great. Small wonder Emmitt Smith became the all-time leading rusher.

kantwin
October 16th, 2013, 1:54 PM
But Romo sat out for weeks with a broken pinkie.
I'm thinking a broken thumb, on your throwing hand, is more vital to actually handling the ball (you know, opposing thumbs and all that make us human...)