PDA

View Full Version : What does referral mean?

Mermaid Princess
October 9th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I was viewing my profile and noticed it said 1 referral. I am hoping thos doesn't mean someone thought I was being naughty. Could someone please enlighten me what this is used for? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

mac
October 9th, 2013, 10:42 PM
it means someone ratted you out!......for administrative action.....mac

I was viewing my profile and noticed it said 1 referral. I am hoping thos doesn't mean someone thought I was being naughty. Could someone please enlighten me what this is used for? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mermaid Princess
October 9th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Oh, wow! Thanks for replying..it did have an office referral kind of ring to it. Good night, Mac.

Rick
October 10th, 2013, 4:24 AM
It means you referred a new user to the website.

sojourner truth
October 10th, 2013, 9:18 AM
Thanx for the clarification Rick...I was worried about checking my number. Probably would have been 6 digits or more.:)

Mermaid Princess
October 10th, 2013, 9:45 AM
Thanks for the clarification.

mac
October 10th, 2013, 10:28 AM
what does that little green flower looking thing under my name indicate, rick?.....mac

It means you referred a new user to the website.

Rick
October 10th, 2013, 10:33 AM
You've asked that before, it means you have the ICQ field in your profile filled out. Would you like me to remove it for you?

Mestral
October 10th, 2013, 10:34 AM
If I click on that little flower, I can send you a message by ICQ ("I ssek you" instant message service).
Does anybody actually use that stuff?

mac
October 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
yeow, i knew i had asked you once berfore about it but guess i must've missed your response. nah, it don't need removing, it don't bother me or anything....was just curious about it. i think maybe you or someone may have told me once it was a camera that allowed you to "look in"......mac

You've asked that before, it means you have the ICQ field in your profile filled out. Would you like me to remove it for you?

Night Owl
October 10th, 2013, 10:59 AM
yeow, i knew i had asked you once berfore about it but guess i must've missed your response. nah, it don't need removing, it don't bother me or anything....was just curious about it. i think maybe you or someone may have told me once it was a camera that allowed you to "look in"......mac
Mac, they would only look in once.:))

Scarlett
October 11th, 2013, 8:34 AM
If I click on that little flower, I can send you a message by ICQ ("I ssek you" instant message service).
Does anybody actually use that stuff?

I used it when I was 20. I didn't even know that still existed!

xzochye
October 11th, 2013, 8:42 AM

Me2.

cnjbond
October 11th, 2013, 11:27 AM
They had the internet back then?!!!!

Mestral
October 11th, 2013, 2:44 PM
They had the internet back then?!!!!Al Gore invented it when he was eight years old.
(Now you can look up Al Gore, and see how old the Internet is, most of the "popular" sites give misinformation on it.)

Imagine
October 12th, 2013, 6:40 AM
what does that little green flower looking thing under my name indicate, rick?.....mac

It means you're a flower child full of peace and love for everyone. :)

Scarlett
October 12th, 2013, 7:56 AM
It means you're a flower child full of peace and love for everyone. :)

I was thinking more like a weed that needed some commercial grade Round Up.

mac
October 12th, 2013, 10:36 AM
you may be closer to the truth, scarlett, than imagine is. i spent the '60s and early '70s in and out of south vietnam gettin' shot at and some times hit and sending buddies back home in body bags or stacked stretchers. i absolutely hated the "flower children", prob'ly even more than the VC and NVA who were killing us but I at least had a sort of respect for...maybe grudging but still respect......mac

I was thinking more like a weed that needed some commercial grade Round Up.

Ludwig
October 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM
you may be closer to the truth, scarlett, than imagine is. i spent the '60s and early '70s in and out of south vietnam gettin' shot at and some times hit and sending buddies back home in body bags or stacked stretchers. i absolutely hated the "flower children", prob'ly even more than the VC and NVA who were killing us but I at least had a sort of respect for...maybe grudging but still respect......mac

We see eye to eye on this one. I never hated an enemy fighter, but I cannot say the same for the "flower children".

mac
October 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM
We see eye to eye on this one. I never hated an enemy fighter, but I cannot say the same for the "flower children".

and yet, i fear that our schools are infested today with these types. i hope and sometimes even pray that i am wrong.....mac

btw ludwig, great article in yesterdays wsj about problem of the catholic church and it's german element....especially their spending.....page a 7 if i remember right or if you do it electronically, just search it for limbach or limberg or limburg.....something like that.

sojourner truth
October 12th, 2013, 4:36 PM
Hey...I was a flower child in the 60's. Lived in the Haight Asbury, played in a rock band...sex drugs and rock and roll.... Carried signs in Golden Gate Park and the whole 9 yards...Until I got drafted and saw things from the other side of the gun.

When I came back in late 70, they wouldn't even talk to me...and that was fine because we no longer had anything to talk about.

Draft board...best thing that ever happened to me. I still know some of these people, and they are useless daydreamers. Seems all they do nowadays is sip wine all day at endless tasting parties from one hippies house to anothers. Don't ask me how they make their money, or who pays for all that stuff.