PDA

View Full Version : Leave the Game in Romo's Hands and..........................................

CenTexDave
October 6th, 2013, 9:07 PM
you are sure to get a turnover leading to a defeat.
Up until his late 4th quarter interception he was outstanding. Over 500 yards passing.
But then..................

xzochye
October 6th, 2013, 9:46 PM
Broncos are undefeated. No one really expected that to change.

kantwin
October 6th, 2013, 9:47 PM
It was a heck of a back and forth game.

cnjbond
October 6th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I dozed off when it was 14-0 Dallas, woke up and it was 35-Losing by a lot Denver so I went back to sleep...woke up this morning (Kuwait time) and see Dallas tried to make a game out of it. I didn't pick Dallas to win this one but they sure made it close. The Monte Kiffin defense isn't looking too good against teams with good offenses...but that Denver offense has been shredding defenses this whole season! I just hope the team stays healthy and finds their identity, I think that's their biggest problem. Oh well, the NFC East is there's for the taking!

CenTexDave
October 7th, 2013, 7:50 AM
Last year it was defensive coordinator Rob Ryan's fault, so Jones fires him.
The defense hasn't changed - still crappy. Time they looked at the players instead of blaming the defensive coach.

sojourner truth
October 7th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Absolutely no defensive backfield at all. May as well jsut put everyone on the line to rush the QB since they can't stopp the pass completions anyway.

Time to ...practice...maybe?

cnjbond
October 7th, 2013, 1:06 PM
Well, you have to give the Denver offense some credit here too. I know this might be comparing apples to oranges but look at what A&M did to Bama's defense. No one else has put up anything close to that type of output against them, but sometimes you just run into an offense that's pretty darn good and you just have to hope to outscore them or get a lucky stop or two. Dallas defense has been fairly decent since the opener against the Giants but they don't have the "put-the-game-on-our-backs" mindset to where they know they'll make the stop or turnover to seal the game. If they could just find that killer mentality of the 90's, they'd be a dangerous team and probably undefeated right now.

sojourner truth
October 7th, 2013, 1:34 PM
Funny, i don't remember watching any Dallas games where the defensive backfield was anything but weak. I know we tend to like to blame Romo for losses, but he did a heck of a job yesterday. So did some of my other "not on my christmas list" players like Dez Bryant. 'Bout the only missed opportunities I saw were the ones where people that caught Manning passes were wide open, and no one knew where they were.

I kept talking to the TV (a bad habit my wife hates) and yelling at Dallases Dbacks "you have to hit them as they catch the ball, not 5 seconds later". I did notice that Romo had a tendency to cut passes closer and closer to receivers the longer the game went on. That was his final undoing. He cut one so close, the bad guys got to it first. But them first 38 points sure looked good.