PDA

View Full Version : Iowa State got robbed!

KilleenTexas
October 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
That final t.u. drive was a gift. A freebie from somewhere. The horns did not earn that win tonight.

...It would be funny if the replay official was an Aggie grad though who was trying to keep Mack Brown at t.u. for a while longer so we can keep taking their top recruits from them!

;)

But either way, Iowa State got hosed...

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2013, 7:30 AM
I didn't see it. I was watching the Browns and Bills, but from what I've read on ESPN.com the Horns were given a gift. The Sooners are gonna have their way with them.

KilleenTexas
October 4th, 2013, 7:54 AM
Here is a link to Iowa State's SB Nation page (football talk page) and it has the post game presser with Paul Rhoads if you are interested.

Iowa State Post game presser (http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/10/3/4801102/texas-iowa-state-final-score-31-30)

Night Owl
October 4th, 2013, 8:20 AM
I saw the replay this morning and it looked like it was a fumble. However the player and ball are not visible on the instant replay and the officials had no choice but to uphold the call on the field. With no viable evidence they cannot change the call on the field. That's football.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2013, 9:33 AM
What's really hilarious is Mack Brown touting his team's "comeback". Iowa State is 1-3. Helluva game Mack against an inferior opponent.
Retirement starting to look good? :))

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2013, 9:38 AM
I saw the replay this morning and it looked like it was a fumble. However the player and ball are not visible on the instant replay and the officials had no choice but to uphold the call on the field. With no viable evidence they cannot change the call on the field. That's football.

Odd you say that, because an article on ESPN.com states it does show a fumble.
I reviewed the play on the link provided by KilleenTexas. It was a fumble. He was not down.

Rick
October 4th, 2013, 9:55 AM
It looks like the ball was stripped and the Iowa St player was running down the field before he was down and the whistle was blown.
http://www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Texas-Fumble.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8hEZ1Bhcbw

Night Owl
October 4th, 2013, 10:34 PM
I have looked at the play numerous times. You cannot see when The ball was stripped and the players knee. In the top clip the ball is never visible. There has to be concrete evidence to over turn the call on the field. I agree it was probably a fumble but it cannot be shown in the video. It sucks but tu won. I know I saw the final score this morning.

Rick
October 5th, 2013, 3:58 AM
Ya ya, we know, you homers in love with Mac Brown and the Longhorns will believe anything. :))

You can clearly see that the IS defender is running away with the ball before your beloved Longhorn hits the ground.

Night Owl
October 5th, 2013, 9:16 AM
Verifiable evidence.

CenTexDave
October 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Well, I have news for Mack and the Horns. If that is the best they can do against a mediocre team like Iowa State, Oklahoma is gonna kick their butts as usual.
Too bad A&M left the conference. That would have been a fitting end to their season. Oh wait, I forgot, a great 6 - 6 record can get you a bowl game. :))

KilleenTexas
October 5th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Believe it or not, I actually want Mack to keep his job. I am definitely one of those Ags wearing the 'Keep Mack' shirts. The longer he stays in Austin with mediocre results the longer we will keep distancing ourselves from your image while Jason Cook continues to build our national brand and we keep stealing t.u. recruits away. Y'all can keep ol' Butter tooth til he can't coach anymore.

I just want Mack to get those wins legitimately. Not when the head replay official also happens to be a t.u. graduate... Hmm...

KilleenTexas
October 5th, 2013, 1:00 PM
Well, I have news for Mack and the Horns. If that is the best they can do against a mediocre team like Iowa State, Oklahoma is gonna kick their butts as usual.
Too bad A&M left the conference. That would have been a fitting end to their season. Oh wait, I forgot, a great 6 - 6 record can get you a bowl game. :))

A 31-30 squeaker over the second worst team in the conference doesn't exactly bode well for the horns trying to land a bowl spot. I wouldn't be shocked if they wind up 4-8 or 5-7 this season. They still have to face the fast tempo of Okie Lite, Baylor, and Texas Tech. Top that with OU's ground and pound and TCU's defense and it will be a long next couple of months for the horns...

CenTexDave
October 5th, 2013, 2:34 PM
I just heard it announced on ESPN that David Ash is still injured and won't play against OU. Case McCoy gets the start. While Case is decent, he's nothing like his brother was. So looks like a long afternoon for Mack and his Horns next Saturday.

KilleenTexas
October 5th, 2013, 10:10 PM
It's fine by me. I love grilling and drinking a cold one or two while I watch the slaughter of Bevo on the TV while I grill his brethren.

There's something very satisfying about all of that...

CenTexDave
October 6th, 2013, 9:09 AM
It seems there have already been a few close, blown calls this season. Consider the Iowa State-Texas as just a close call. Of course also consider the head official was a UT grad. lol But then consider:
1. Wisconsin-Arizona State - terrible call at the end of the game. That cost Wisconsin a chance at a chip shot winning field goal, and propelled Arizona State into the rankings as a good team. Of course was a PAC12 officiating crew. Then Arizona State promptly goes out and loses to a mediocre Notre Dame team. :)) Even the PAC12 admitted it was a blown call.
2. Last night's Stanford-Washington game. Last Huskies' drive and a 4th down pass, after review, declared incomplete. B.S. - I have watched 4 different angles of that play. It was called complete by the official at the time. Never saw anything to overturn that, except of course they were playing at Stanford.