PDA

View Full Version : Former UT QB James Street Dead at 65

CenTexDave
September 30th, 2013, 1:19 PM
Anyone remember this kid? He QB'd the Horns to the national championship. And he lead them to a come from behind victory, 15-14, over Arkansas in 1969 which may have been one of the greatest college games of all time. Happy Feller, who I have known for a long time, kicked the winning FG.
Of course I told Hap that the only reason they won the national championship that year is because damn Michigan upset Ohio State! :)

Night Owl
September 30th, 2013, 1:28 PM
A good college QB that had a great game against the pigs from ar Kansas. That comeback should be in the top five college comebacks of all time. He is still a hero at tu.

May he rest in peace.

CenTexDave
September 30th, 2013, 4:12 PM
Unfortunately, he was also the QB when Joe Montana and Notre Dame snapped their 20+ game winning streak in the Cotton Bowl later on.
That was when the Cotton Bowl was one of the big New Year's Day bowl games.

Night Owl
September 30th, 2013, 4:18 PM
Unfortunately, he was also the QB when Joe Montana and Notre Dame snapped their 20+ game winning streak in the Cotton Bowl later on.
That was when the Cotton Bowl was one of the big New Year's Day bowl games.
Yeppers, I remember. I was a huge tu fan back then.

CenTexDave
September 30th, 2013, 5:28 PM
What happened? :))

Grammar Rules
September 30th, 2013, 7:43 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/ut-quarterback-james-street-dies/nbBS9/

Here is the article. I thought you were asking what caused Street's death, but then I saw the smilie and realized you were asking why Hooter changed his allegiance. Anyway, Street had a heart attack.

Side note, I was in German class at UT with your friend. The teacher loved him (her name was Inge) and called him "Herr Happy." I'm pretty sure he got an A. I didn't.

CenTexDave
September 30th, 2013, 7:48 PM
James was his real name, but a few years ago petitioned the court to officially change his name to Happy. lol
He played in the NFL also.

Night Owl
September 30th, 2013, 9:38 PM
What happened? :))
Liberalism

Grammar Rules
September 30th, 2013, 9:43 PM
Hate to break it to ya, Hooter, but UT was wildly liberal in the 60s.

Night Owl
September 30th, 2013, 9:45 PM
Hate to break it to ya, Hooter, but UT was wildly liberal in the 60s.
I know but I have gotten wiser with age.:) The liberals back then weren't vipers like they are today.