PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl

cityboy
January 29th, 2009, 8:40 PM
Well, let's have some predictions ... I'm pulling for St. Louis, er, I mean, Arizona ... I'm guessing the Steelers are favored to win, and I always like to pull for the underdog. I kinda like Kurt Warner, too. A man who paid his dues and never gave up ...

Scarlett
January 29th, 2009, 8:55 PM
My Hich School Mascot was a cardinal.
So I am swinging that way...
What an informed decision THAT is, huh? :smoke

cityboy
January 29th, 2009, 8:57 PM
Girls usually go by the prettiness of the uniforms ... :-H

Scarlett
January 29th, 2009, 9:13 PM
Yeah...that's why I can't get into this whole UT stupidity...WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE UGLY BURNT ORANGE?? :-??

mainer
January 29th, 2009, 9:18 PM
Yeah...that's why I can't get into this whole UT stupidity...WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE UGLY BURNT ORANGE?? :-??

WHAT?????? "UGLY BURNT ORANGE??" :-o Have you lost your mind, woman?????

Where's a good censor when you need one??! :banghead

mainer
January 29th, 2009, 9:21 PM
Well, let's have some predictions ... I'm pulling for St. Louis, er, I mean, Arizona ... I'm guessing the Steelers are favored to win, and I always like to pull for the underdog. I kinda like Kurt Warner, too. A man who paid his dues and never gave up ...

I really like/admire Warner, but I like the Steelers, too. I hate it when I'm neutral!

If the Cowboys only had a quarterback who didn't go all Hollywood on us!

xzochye
January 29th, 2009, 9:37 PM
I like both teams. But since I am originally from Missouri and the Cardinals are too I have to go with them!

gvls78
January 29th, 2009, 11:46 PM

Thats why I am a UT fan. That would be the University of TENNESSEE lol. We have a much prettier shade of orange.

CenTexDave
January 30th, 2009, 6:59 AM
I like both teams. But since I am originally from Missouri and the Cardinals are too I have to go with them!

The Cardinals are originally from Chicago.

Gramps
January 30th, 2009, 7:29 AM
Cardinals because I don't want Pittsburg winning their 6th Super Bowl before the Cowboys win theirs.

I know, I know. The chances of the Cowboys winning another one in the foreseeable future are slim and none, but I can always dream and hope, can't I?

sickofpc
January 30th, 2009, 8:33 AM
I really like Warner...a good guy..with lots of courage and intelligence...and his big, talented receiver he throws to most of the time...BUT, I think Pittsburg's rush will get to them, and the Steelers will eventually power over the Cards...Actually, would love to see Arizona win, but, don't think it will happen...JMO, of course.... :-B

Viper
January 30th, 2009, 8:52 AM
Arizona gotta go with the underdog \M/ :-BD \M/

xzochye
January 30th, 2009, 6:03 PM

The Cardinals are originally from Chicago.

Let me rephrase my earlier post. Since I am from Missouri and the Cardinals were the St. Louis Cardinals from 1960-87 I have to go with them! ;)

HappyKilleenite
January 30th, 2009, 8:20 PM

Damn the blasphemer!

cityboy
January 30th, 2009, 9:09 PM
Yeah, somebody better be careful, bad-mouthing them Longhorns!!!

Scarlett
January 30th, 2009, 9:12 PM
The only good longhorn is one cut into the shape of a T-bone and on my plate...grilled to a nice perfect medium...

cityboy
January 30th, 2009, 9:15 PM
Well ... can't argue with that ... yum, yum ... :dork

Night Owl
January 30th, 2009, 10:45 PM
AZ 24
PIT 21

:YMDAYDREAM: :-ss

Nature Lover
January 31st, 2009, 8:37 AM
Originally from the state of Arizona....so, go Cards!!!! This has been a long time coming. Plus, I have always been a Kurt Warner fan.

Plus....burnt orange is the most beautiful color of orange. Go 'horns!

FieryPrincess
January 31st, 2009, 2:35 PM
I am rooting for the Cards since I look better in red...

It isn't much of a reason, but it is my reason, so there!

siamcat
January 31st, 2009, 6:15 PM
A good friend of mine is a Steeler fan, so I guess I root for them. Don't really follow football.

CenTexDave
February 1st, 2009, 9:32 AM
My money is on Pittsburgh; my heart is with the Cardinals.

Army Sarge
February 1st, 2009, 11:32 AM
I think the Cards are the team of destiny this year. The Steelers have a recent Super Bowl win and 4 wins in the 70s. The Cards have never been to a Super Bowl, and in fact, until this year, had not even won a playoff game at home since like 1947.

I think the Cards play with their hearts and win by 14 going away..

As for Tennessee (someone invoked their name)...don't you know why they picked those colors for their team?

So they could wear it to the Game on Saturday, huntin' on Sunday, and picking up trash beside the highway the rest of the week....

mainer
February 1st, 2009, 5:22 PM
What's wrong with orange? I LOVE orange.....especially burnt orange!!

Scarlett
February 1st, 2009, 9:25 PM
My heart hurts.... :(( :(( :((

FieryPrincess
February 1st, 2009, 9:26 PM
mine too.

At least it was a better game than they were thinking it was going to be.

Rick
February 1st, 2009, 9:27 PM
Arizona proved that they belonged there. I knew they gave the Steelers too much time. But you gotta score when you can.

I hated the outcome, but it was a good game.

cityboy
February 1st, 2009, 9:30 PM
It was a very good game ... an incredible catch by Holmes to win it for Pittsburgh ...

Army Sarge
February 1st, 2009, 9:58 PM
Well, so much for my future as a professional football analyst....

I'm glad I did not have a favorite team in this game...I would have had a conniption...

what a 4th quarter...