PDA

View Full Version : New Alabama Gun Law Effective 1 August

kantwin
July 30th, 2013, 7:56 PM
Except for being wrong about the carrying at schools, this is the best media writeup I've seen about the new gun laws taking effect in Alabama on 1 August.
http://whnt.com/2013/07/30/alabamas-new-gun-law-what-you-need-to-know/

While many people believe that carry of a firearm on school property is forbidden by the Federal Gun Free Zone Act, that act does allow licensed carry as long as you are licensed in the state that the school is in. You can conceal carry on school property.

Open carry, while never forbidden here in Alabama, used to be considered disorderly conduct by some over-zealous police officers. Now, it clearly states that open carry is NOT disorderly conduct.

Dagobert II
July 30th, 2013, 8:51 PM
There was a piece on this on ABC news tonight. I got the impression that the libtard 'reporter' was really, really opposed to this idea as he kept saying, "But they aren't police officers." as though police officers have some sort of magic talent with firearms (NYPD has demonstrated a talent for shooting ten bystanders when trying to shoot one target). The school superintended the 'reporter' was interviewing pointed out that the teachers were being trained by the local SWAT team to their standards.

After reading your article more carefully, my comments may not be applicable unless one of the changes in your law was also to allow school districts to arm teachers.

sojourner truth
July 30th, 2013, 9:08 PM
Well, they assume that only polise officers are responsible and can think responsibly when carrying, and we all know that isn't exclusive to the men and women behind the badge.

I know a few KISD teachers who have concealed carry licenses, and they are probably more mentally attuned to the responsibility than a few officers I know. Ha, one of these guys is also a Karate instructor. Teaches 5th grade.

kantwin
July 30th, 2013, 9:08 PM
There was a piece on this on ABC news tonight. I got the impression that the libtard 'reporter' was really, really opposed to this idea as he kept saying, "But they aren't police officers." as though police officers have some sort of magic talent with firearms (NYPD has demonstrated a talent for shooting ten bystanders when trying to shoot one target). The school superintended the 'reporter' was interviewing pointed out that the teachers were being trained by the local SWAT team to their standards.

After reading your article more carefully, my comments may not be applicable unless one of the changes in your law was also to allow school districts to arm teachers.

Not to my knowledge.
There are lots of reports that are saying, "it will be like the old west", which is bull. Nothing really changed about open carry, as it was always legal, yet that's what they keep harping on.

IronErnin
July 31st, 2013, 6:23 AM
Not to my knowledge.
There are lots of reports that are saying, "it will be like the old west", which is bull. Nothing really changed about open carry, as it was always legal, yet that's what they keep harping on.

If things get "like the Old West", let us hope. There were 10.000 times more gunfights on celluloid than ever really occurred in real life.
An armed society is a polite one. Repeat after me. An armed society is a polite one.

Mestral
July 31st, 2013, 4:09 PM
There was a piece on this on ABC news tonight. I got the impression that the libtard 'reporter' was really, really opposed to this idea as he kept saying, "But they aren't police officers." . . .Yeah, but you nailed it with "libtard reporter" nothing more needs to be known about this reporter, except which news service to avoid, since they are stupid or corrupt enough to hire him.