PDA

View Full Version : Time to start shooting

Dagobert II
July 30th, 2013, 8:04 AM
When King George's men came for their weapons the colonists started shooting the King's men, but then the King hadn't thought of "FOID cards". Why on earth would anyone ever get a "FOID card" when every firearm I've ever seen works just fine without one? In any case, the time for shooting the King's men may have arrived in Illinois. http://www.suntimes.com/21526485-761/cook-county-sheriffs-team-taking-guns-if-foid-card-is-revoked.html

Shotgun Jeremy
July 30th, 2013, 9:31 AM
My understanding is they are going after people who had them revoked on things like drug charges.

IronErnin
July 30th, 2013, 10:15 AM
The people of the state of Illinois seem to think that such a thing is okay. The story didn't mention calling out any tactical teams to effect a confiscation. Their university athletic teams are called "the FIGHTING Illini". Not much of a fight going on there. Maybe they need a new name.

CenTexDave
July 30th, 2013, 10:54 AM
This is really gonna stop the crooks from getting a gun. I think Illinois is run by the President of Morons R Us.

Grammar Rules
July 30th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Let me get this straight: most of us have a problem if non-citizens, especially illegals, vote, drive, collect benefits, etc., but it's just fine with you if they buy guns? Does this make sense?

Here are the main reasons apps are declined the fist time:
"Application not signed.
US Citizen question not marked.
IL driver's license OR state ID number not provided.
Question boxes not marked Yes or No.
$10 fee not included with application."

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidapp.cfm

Ludwig
July 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
If they were stupid enough to accept the law requiring the card in the first place then they deserve the consequences.

CenTexDave
July 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Let me get this straight: most of us have a problem if non-citizens, especially illegals, vote, drive, collect benefits, etc., but it's just fine with you if they buy guns? Does this make sense?

"Application not signed.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidapp.cfm

I hope you aren't addressing this to me.

Dagobert II
July 30th, 2013, 12:08 PM
My understanding is they are going after people who had them revoked on things like drug charges. Let me see. What does the constitution say about "things like drug charges".
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Nope, nothing about "things like drug charges" in there.

Dagobert II
July 30th, 2013, 12:11 PM

"Application not signed.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidapp.cfm I don't think driving or collecting benefits are rights specifically recognized in the constitution. As for voting, aren't the Obamunists litigating against any voter ID requirements? Why not eliminate ID requirements and licensing requirements for the purchase and sale and carrying of arms?

Grammar Rules
July 30th, 2013, 2:18 PM
I hope you aren't addressing this to me.

Like most postings, feel free to voice your opinion on it.

I don't think driving or collecting benefits are rights specifically recognized in the constitution. As for voting, aren't the Obamunists litigating against any voter ID requirements? Why not eliminate ID requirements and licensing requirements for the purchase and sale and carrying of arms?

And conversely, why not require proof of mental competence, non-criminal status, citizenship or legal immigrant status for both voting and gun ownership?

kantwin
July 30th, 2013, 2:45 PM
Well, since we need to have some sort of ID and pass a background check to exercise our 2nd Amendment right, we need to do the same before speaking (1st Amendment) or NOT speaking (5th Amendment), and prior to being safe from search (4th Amendment), an ID must be presented. If you ever go to trial, it will be long and drawn out unless you can show ID and pass a background check (6th Amendment), no jury (7th Amendment) unless that ID is presented, and forget about reasonable bail (8th Amendment) unless that background check is passed.
Oh, and by the way, for the 6th, 7th, and 8th Amendments, you can forget passing that check since you've been arrested.
So, those rights are no longer guaranteed to you, since you are now a criminal.
That goes for the 1st, 4th and 5th as well. Go to jail, lose those rights.
See, it all makes perfect sense if you don't think about it.

Dagobert II
July 30th, 2013, 2:57 PM
Like most postings, feel free to voice your opinion on it.

And conversely, why not require proof of mental competence, non-criminal status, citizenship or legal immigrant status for both voting and gun ownership? Now you're talking! Just display your voter registration and you're good to buy, own, sell and carry any arms you wish anywhere, anytime, or, if you wish to do it the other way around, just display your weapons and you're good to vote anywhere, anytime you wish.

CenTexDave
July 30th, 2013, 4:12 PM
Under ObozoCare the Fed will know of your mental competence. Under NSA's spy program they will know of everything else.
Let them figure it out.

Mestral
July 30th, 2013, 7:09 PM
And conversely, why not require proof of mental competence, non-criminal status, citizenship or legal immigrant status for both voting and gun ownership?Because Eric Holder will sue you if you try. (Because most liberal democrats wouldn't pass the mental competence portion)

Dagobert II
July 30th, 2013, 7:46 PM
Because Eric Holder will sue you if you try. (Because most liberal democrats wouldn't pass the mental competence portion) Yep, voting for a statist is evidence of mental incompetence and invalidates one's vote and voter registration.