PDA

View Full Version : Killeen's Michael Cummings "Is a piece of crap"

onetime
July 23rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
Hope the title was catchy, I always wanted to write for the college and high school paper :)

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/charlie-weis-has-a-brutally-honest-recruiting-pitch/

Mike is going to face some stiff competition with the schools recent transfer Heaps, I watched him play a couple of years ago and he was pretty dang good. Good luck Mike

bbh
July 24th, 2013, 1:35 AM
Okay....I give up. Does someone want to translate this post (and the link) for me? :?

CenTexDave
July 24th, 2013, 6:32 AM
He was pretty good. Too bad it will be wasted at Kansas.

Grammar Rules
July 24th, 2013, 7:00 AM
Hope the title was catchy, I always wanted to write for the college and high school paper :)

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/charlie-weis-has-a-brutally-honest-recruiting-pitch/

Mike is going to face some stiff competition with the schools recent transfer Heaps, I watched him play a couple of years ago and he was pretty dang good. Good luck Mike

Okay....I give up. Does someone want to translate this post (and the link) for me? :?

Onetime, whenever you post anything, it's catchy, because of your notoriety here. You manage to irritate members of all races, genders and political outlook, especially the UT EXES. As long as the casual prose posted on CTT is understandable, it's not necessary for any of us to mark it with the red pen.

However, and I mean this kindly, it's a good thing you never got that coveted job in school-based sports journalism. You would have split your allowance with a freelance editor before submitting the story to the school paper's sports editor.

Lets try this: (and I'm taking some license in translating, using Dave's post, Dan Brown's decoder ring, and Elvis' Ouija Board)

Former Killeen standout Michael Cummings will face some stiff competition at Kansas State, now that Heaps has transferred there. I watched him play a couple of years ago and he was pretty dang good, so good luck Mike!

onetime
July 24th, 2013, 7:01 AM
He was pretty good. Too bad it will be wasted at Kansas.

You know the most interesting thing about the mess is Weiss, do you recall how smug he was when he left the Patriots for Notre Dame? He had a schematic advantage over all others in the NCAA and now he has crap on the field.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7333900/kansas-jayhawks-give-charlie-weis-second-chance

I wonder if KU regrets firing Mark Mangino now over the comments he made a few years back, I mean they were a few plays away from going to the BCS Championship in 2008, to Turner Gil who was fired a little prematurely, to this crap 1-11 and they could not beat a D1 school. I wonder if Cummings will transfer at the end of the year or remain, that has to be a bit of a setback for the kid, but Baylor's Jefferson, another Killeen product, faced a similar hand stuck it out and look where he is now.

onetime
July 24th, 2013, 7:12 AM
Onetime, whenever you post anything, it's catchy, because of your notoriety here. You manage to irritate members of all races, genders and political outlook, especially the UT EXES. As long as the casual prose posted on CTT is understandable, it's not necessary for any of us to mark it with the red pen.

However, and I mean this kindly, it's a good thing you never got that coveted job in school-based sports journalism. You would have split your allowance with a freelance editor before submitting the story to the school paper's sports editor.

Lets try this: (and I'm taking some license in translating, using Dave's post, Dan Brown's decoder ring, and Elvis' Ouija Board)

Former Killeen standout Michael Cummings will face some stiff competition at Kansas State, now that Heaps has transferred there. I watched him play a couple of years ago and he was pretty dang good, so good luck Mike!

bbh is a troller, along with night owl, that will find some type of back handed comment to make about any and everything regardless of the post. My grammar, spelling, and punctuation are not the worst on this forum either as I have clearly seen much worse, but I am not going to be a nitpick about it. I only annoy close- minded people, if they were open minded they would not have so much angst about what I talk about because they would have a shred of perspective.

sojourner truth
July 24th, 2013, 7:28 AM
In that case...Than goodness we are, almost toa fault, closed minded people on this forum.

Onetime..The whole world is wrong and you are right.

Night Owl
July 24th, 2013, 8:58 AM
bbh is a troller, along with night owl, that will find some type of back handed comment to make about any and everything regardless of the post. My grammar, spelling, and punctuation are not the worst on this forum either as I have clearly seen much worse, but I am not going to be a nitpick about it. I only annoy close- minded people, if they were open minded they would not have so much angst about what I talk about because they would have a shred of perspective.
Posters are only trollers when they don't agree with you. When you post crap, you will get crap returned. When you want adult conversations then people want throw crap back at you. You aren't still living in your high schools days, are you?

blueeagle
July 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Can't we just all get along! :) :) :) :) :)

Grammar Rules
July 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
In that case...Than goodness we are, almost toa fault, closed minded people on this forum.

Onetime..The whole world is wrong and you are right.

I thought that status was already taken by Ludwig. I'm perplexed (again).

Posters are only trollers when they don't agree with you.

Put that one on a CTT banner across the top of the page! :07: 5/5, Hooter!

xzochye
July 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Wow. BBH is the farthest thing from a troll there is.

bbh
July 24th, 2013, 12:43 PM

I honestly wasn't "trolling." I read the title of the thread.....catchy.... and mistakenly thought it was about KISD high school football, of which you have strong opinions. I wasn't sure who Michael Cummings is and wondered why he "is a piece of crap." From your post, I thought he was a "Heap of crap," with the capitalization and added "s" just typos. :)

Imagine my confusion when the link, historically a way to explain/reinforce one's opinions, did not contain anything about Cummings or a "heap of crap." It did, however, allude to a "pile of crap."

Grammar's translation helped.

sojourner truth
July 24th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I'm sure John Crapper thanks you all. Great inventor.

onetime
July 24th, 2013, 1:05 PM
Sigh, why did you jump in the college sports section? Heaps, is Jake Heaps a quarter back that transferred in from BYU. The head coach called the entire team a pile of crap and since Michael Cummings is on the team, the coach believes he is a pile of crap. I figure centex Dave got the message.

Night Owl
July 24th, 2013, 2:19 PM
And now you want only those posters that understand you to post to your threads. If that is the case then you would be posting to yourself.

cnjbond
July 24th, 2013, 2:28 PM
Can't we just all get along! :) :) :) :) :)

Nope that was already proven in this thread: Can-t-we-all-just-get-along (http://www.centextalk.com/vb/showthread.php/18648-Can-t-we-all-just-get-along)

Grammar Rules
July 24th, 2013, 3:03 PM
Sigh, why did you jump in the college sports section? Heaps, is Jake Heaps a quarter back that transferred in from BYU. The head coach called the entire team a pile of crap and since Michael Cummings is on the team, the coach believes he is a pile of crap. I figure centex Dave got the message.

You are asking why someone "jumped in" when you deliberately started a thread with a provocative heading? Who elected you boss of who posts in what section? I still don't believe you actually graduated from UT. So there.

bbh
July 24th, 2013, 3:21 PM

Just to annoy you, of course. :)

bbh
July 24th, 2013, 3:23 PM
You are asking why someone "jumped in" when you deliberately started a thread with a provocative heading? Who elected you boss of who posts in what section? I still don't believe you actually graduated from UT. So there.

I find that hard to believe myself.

Hey....it's okay....this is fun. :))

CenTexDave
July 24th, 2013, 3:45 PM
I'm surprised Weiss is still head coach there. Obviously he cannot relate to kids. He was a highly successful offensive coordinator with New England. Of course, most people would be if they had Tom Brady at QB.

onetime
July 24th, 2013, 4:16 PM

Ouch, is it my grammar that makes you jump to that conclusion? Would you like me to pm you a picture of my degrees?

onetime
July 24th, 2013, 4:18 PM
I'm surprised Weiss is still head coach there. Obviously he cannot relate to kids. He was a highly successful offensive coordinator with New England. Of course, most people would be if they had Tom Brady at QB.

It's weird but I was going to say the same thing, but the pats haven't won since he left right?

onetime
July 24th, 2013, 4:20 PM

GR I don't jump in posts and clumsily ask questions and nitpick, the article clearly talks about the heaps kid and one can easily google Cummings to find out who he is. Provocative, I like it.

Grammar Rules
July 24th, 2013, 4:31 PM
Ouch, is it my grammar that makes you jump to that conclusion? Would you like me to pm you a picture of my degrees?

That's not necessary. You just had never answered the question when we asked earlier. And Mestral still wants to know what you think he does for a living, which has nothing to do with this, but on the other hand, we don't much stay on topic anyway. :))

bbh
July 24th, 2013, 4:35 PM
GR I don't jump in posts and clumsily ask questions and nitpick, the article clearly talks about the heaps kid and one can easily google Cummings to find out who he is. Provocative, I like it.

Ouch. I was clumsy, too, along with trolling? :crying

Lighten up, onetime, and realize that when you make posts in which you call people names and insinuate that you are smarter than everyone else, they may come back to bite you in the rear. We all make typos and grammatical errors, but your posts are really difficult to read sometimes. Do you ever proof before you hit that Post button? Then when readers question what you mean or disagree with you, your attitude is really arrogant. When you say things like "BOOM, Cuatro coming in with the big guns of Knowledge," or "Ludwig dropping some knowledge on us all," or calling people names, etc., you don't exactly put a positive image of yourself out there.

Most of us occasionally get irritated on a forum like this, but most of the time a little humor relaxes the tension. A forum regular will be a very unhappy person if he takes everything too seriously or too personally....or if he allows himself to be on the attack at the drop of a hat. I'm able to say this to you because in my first experience with participating on a forum, I made some of those same mistakes. It was not fun.

By the way, I've read that article five times. I cannot find any mention of Heaps. I'm starting to think I may be going blind (along with my clumsiness). I know who Cummings is.

onetime
July 24th, 2013, 6:59 PM
That's not necessary. You just had never answered the question when we asked earlier. And Mestral still wants to know what you think he does for a living, which has nothing to do with this, but on the other hand, we don't much stay on topic anyway. :))

Answered which question GR?

onetime
July 24th, 2013, 7:00 PM
Ouch. I was clumsy, too, along with trolling? :crying

Lighten up, onetime, and realize that when you make posts in which you call people names and insinuate that you are smarter than everyone else, they may come back to bite you in the rear. We all make typos and grammatical errors, but your posts are really difficult to read sometimes. Do you ever proof before you hit that Post button? Then when readers question what you mean or disagree with you, your attitude is really arrogant. When you say things like "BOOM, Cuatro coming in with the big guns of Knowledge," or "Ludwig dropping some knowledge on us all," or calling people names, etc., you don't exactly put a positive image of yourself out there.

Most of us occasionally get irritated on a forum like this, but most of the time a little humor relaxes the tension. A forum regular will be a very unhappy person if he takes everything too seriously or too personally....or if he allows himself to be on the attack at the drop of a hat. I'm able to say this to you because in my first experience with participating on a forum, I made some of those same mistakes. It was not fun.

By the way, I've read that article five times. I cannot find any mention of Heaps. I'm starting to think I may be going blind (along with my clumsiness). I know who Cummings is.

NO MAS!

Grammar Rules
July 24th, 2013, 7:24 PM
Answered which question GR?

Several of the senior citizens on CTT had questioned whether you have a diploma from UT. Earlier, you had said only that you went to UT. At this point, I don't care, but you had not previously answered the specific question.

Night Owl
July 24th, 2013, 7:27 PM
He probably played football and graduated from CTC.:))

CenTexDave
July 24th, 2013, 8:11 PM
Well, hell, remember - CTC is a great place to start!!!! :))

onetime
July 24th, 2013, 8:53 PM
Several of the senior citizens on CTT had questioned whether you have a diploma from UT. Earlier, you had said only that you went to UT. At this point, I don't care, but you had not previously answered the specific question.

I didn't even bother to respond to those, UT has a good graduation rate now and at the time for athletes and NO, I do have some credits from CTC. I took some classes my senior year, best thing to prepare you for school.

sojourner truth
July 24th, 2013, 9:10 PM
He was a self made man, and worshipped his creator.

Ludwig
July 24th, 2013, 10:05 PM
He was a self made man, and worshipped his creator.

So he worshiped himself. I think that's called narcissism.

sojourner truth
July 25th, 2013, 5:40 AM
Ah...you got it.

xzochye
July 25th, 2013, 12:09 PM

Maybe I missed your explanation but why does the title mention Killeen and someone named Michael Cummings when neither are mentioned in the article? I know you mentioned a Mike but it still doesn't explain who he is.

As for the whole "jumping in the college sports section" comment I have 2 things to say about that. 1. anyone can "jump" into any section they want and discuss any topic they want. 2. I bet sometimes people just read the thread names and not the section they are in. Especially if it has a catchy title.

Please explaining your reasoning for the thread name.

CenTexDave
July 25th, 2013, 1:39 PM
Michael Cummings used to play for the Roos. Think he was a QB. And he was a good one. Went to play his college ball at Kansas which is struggling mightily.

RooDawg
July 25th, 2013, 1:44 PM
Maybe I missed your explanation but why does the title mention Killeen and someone named Michael Cummings when neither are mentioned in the article? I know you mentioned a Mike but it still doesn't explain who he is.

As for the whole "jumping in the college sports section" comment I have 2 things to say about that. 1. anyone can "jump" into any section they want and discuss any topic they want. 2. I bet sometimes people just read the thread names and not the section they are in. Especially if it has a catchy title.

Michael Cummings was the starting QB for Killeen High from 2008 to 2010. He is now a QB at Kansas and even started a couple of games for them last year. That is why the title of the post includes "Killeen's Michael Cummings".

The article the post is referring to states that the head coach of Kansas, Charlie Weis is calling his team "crap" and since Mike is on that team...hence the title of the post.

I will say there is nothing wrong with jumping into posts. But posters shouldn't be judged by those who are not sure what the posts even mean.

xzochye
July 25th, 2013, 2:11 PM
Michael Cummings used to play for the Roos. Think he was a QB. And he was a good one. Went to play his college ball at Kansas which is struggling mightily.

We drove through KU campus a few weeks ago. Very nice. :)

onetime
July 25th, 2013, 2:34 PM

Michael Cummings is a Rancier Middle school/Killeen High school product that started for the Roos from 2008-2010, he helped guide them to the Quarter finals (4th round) of the playoffs his Sophomore year and helped them in getting to the second round of the playoffs over the next two seasons. He also was a state qualifier in track in shot or disc, not to mention being on the varsity basketball team since he was a sophomore or junior. Great kid that comes from a great family and his mother works within the school district. He signed to play for Kansas, which at the time was led by Turner Gil, Gil was fired after only his second season posting a 3-17 record. If Weiss posts a similar record this year and is not held to the same standard, then I think it will be fair to question why in fact they fired Gil and have decided to keep the Weiss. I would transfer if I were him, but with that said Jamel Showers is going to UTEP a considerably lower level D1 school then Texas A&M. I am not sure if there would be that much clamoring for him at the d1 level and I would rate Showers as a better passer then Michael. I wonder if UTSA could steal him from Kansas, they have a Killeenite on staff at the university, they play D1, and they should have an inside track on getting him seeing as KHS's Coach Daniels and coach played together at Ellison. Otherwise Mike is going to sit behind the BYU transfer, Heaps, over the next couple of seasons, then again Weiss brought in Ries from Notre Dame and he stunk and Mike beat him out, who knows.

As far as, the posting is concerned, it was not directed at you.

CenTexDave
July 25th, 2013, 2:37 PM
They used to have a real good team. Then the head coach stepped on it and said wrong things. Their QB was out of Lake Travis. Head coach left and Turner Gill, former Nebraska QB took over. He couldn't turn the corner, but I don't think he was given much of a chance. They figured Charlie Weiss could do it. They figured wrong.

onetime
July 25th, 2013, 2:45 PM
Mangino was the former coach, but he told some of his players and I quote, "I will ship your ass back to the ghetto". So I really do not think you want to have that type of guy recruiting kids for your university.