PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Sign Manny Ramirez

CenTexDave
July 3rd, 2013, 5:37 PM
They must be getting desperate. :)):bluerofl

http://www.kwtx.com/_254sports/home/headlines/Rangers-Agree-To-Terms-With-Ramirez-On-Minor-League-Deal-214193991.html

sojourner truth
July 3rd, 2013, 9:15 PM
Yeah, my wife hit the roof when she heard that news. Why in hell would they hire a known druggie, who is mostly washed up and a big potential discipline problem.

Nolan needs to stop drinking whatever he's drinking.

The way they've been hitiing though, maybe they think he'd work as a DH. What the rangers need to do is replace Cruz as a fielder, hang onto him as a DH, and put one of their younger rookies out in right field.

Cruz looks pathetic out there, and has for 3 years now. I still blame his lack of effort and lack of skill for losing the world series.

CenTexDave
July 3rd, 2013, 9:36 PM
Rangers are sending Manny to AAA Round Rock. Might be worth a trip down there to see if he still has it, which I doubt. In his prime (10+ years ago) he was as dangerous a hitter as there was. But he's a real flake and don't think he'll help the Rangers at all.

sojourner truth
July 4th, 2013, 8:08 AM
What the need to do is send some of their recent call ups from the minors back to AAA...Tanner Sheppers, Grimm, and even Robbie Ross are terrible. Grimm Has been one of the worst starters I have seen in a long time. Sheppers has shown a tendency to give up winning runs every time I have watched him.

The Rangers have a mediocre bullpen at best, and their starting pitching ain't all that great either. Yu has been terrible lately, Harrison (out to injury...thank God) Ogando (same same) and Nepthali Feliz (not even sure if he's still breathing) all need to be dropped in order to make a new starting lineup. I do wonder about Washingtons sanity in when to pull a pitcher out too. He always waits one inning too long.

CenTexDave
July 4th, 2013, 9:48 AM
I admit I don't follow the Rangers that much. I am an Indians fan (me and Rick grew up there). But I don't understand some of their thinking either. Their closer, Chris Perez, gets arrest for pot. Conveniently put on the disabled list for a sore shoulder. :)) When he comes back he immediately blows another save.

corgifan
July 5th, 2013, 3:33 PM
He wasn't in uniform or on the bench last night in Round Rock.

CenTexDave
July 5th, 2013, 3:57 PM
I think he reports this weekend.
After he manages to whiff 3 times, I'm sure the Rangers will cut him. He just can't hack it anymore.

sojourner truth
July 5th, 2013, 4:43 PM
I doubt if he can go drug free for an entire week...much less an entire season.

CenTexDave
July 5th, 2013, 8:44 PM
From what I've read on ESPN and Sports Illustrated websites, the baseball writers think this is a no-risk deal. Supposedly Ramirez agreed to get a haircut, show up on time, wear the correct uniform (not those baggy pajama looking pants), etc.
If he's got anything left in his tank it might be a good deal. The Rangers need some offensive punch.

onetime
July 5th, 2013, 9:49 PM
Calm down fellow "stranger" fans it is a great, no awesome deal for the rangers. They signed him for less then 500K which is chump change for pro baseball. Take a look at Lance Berkman and Dale Murphy, if he can beat those guys out then it was a smart signing, if he can not then so be it. I hope he comes back slathered in HGH, Steroids, Cream and clear, and the stem cells of McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, and Paleimero. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

By the way Murphy and Berk are stinking it up this year

sojourner truth
July 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Chump change? Yep, that's what you pay for a chump alright.

CenTexDave
August 1st, 2013, 3:40 PM
So what has happened with ol' Manny? Looks like the Rangers need another bat.

sojourner truth
August 1st, 2013, 5:55 PM
Another bat, another bullpen, another gang of starting pitchers, another infield, another outfield. Oh, and another manager.

CenTexDave
August 1st, 2013, 9:26 PM
They'll need a bat for sure with Nelson Cruz probably looking at being suspended within a couple of days for using PEDs.
I just thought someone might know how Ramirez was doing down at Round Rock.

CenTexDave
August 2nd, 2013, 9:23 AM
I don't think Manny is the answer. With the RR Express he is batting .266, 3 homers, 12 RBIs. He is history.

sojourner truth
August 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
It sort of looks like the Rangers have started to pull their heads out of their...bat bags...swept the Angels, and with 3 consecutive walk off homers. Not the best way to win a game.

What I can't understand are all of these hot and cold streaks this year. Last nights rout of the Dbacks was a shocker. All of a sudden they can hit, but you never know which twam will show up tomorrow night. The ones who can hit and pitch and field, or the bumbling fumblers who couldn't pitch a snowball of hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle.

They can whoop up on a team like the Dbacks and Angels, but are stomped by Seattle and Baltimore or Cleveland...Losers most of the time (heh heh)..

CenTexDave
August 2nd, 2013, 1:21 PM
Cleveland is the same way. They go in spurts.
Cleveland ain't losing this year (yet). :) What I don't understand is why the Tribe is so lousy at drawing fans this year. Averaging a mere 19,xxx per home game. Guess the fans figure the annual plunge to the bottom is gonna start soon. When they were winning big in the 90's they set major league attendance records, consecutive sells outs, etc.