PDA

View Full Version : Locked Topic Question

Mestral
May 20th, 2013, 9:51 AM
How is it that after a thread is locked because of baiting by liberals, someone posts another attack?

Rick
May 20th, 2013, 11:46 AM
The technical answer is that the software allows those with forum administrator access to post in locked topics.

Mestral
May 20th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Maybe it can be discussed further, but right now I got to go to work.

Scarlett
May 20th, 2013, 2:50 PM
How is it that after a thread is locked because of baiting by liberals, someone posts another attack?

I hardly think what I posted was "an attack."
If you think it was, then you are either way too sensitive or your definition of "attack" needs to be reconsidered.

mac
May 20th, 2013, 4:47 PM
it's amazing to me how many times i agree with you. some of us are really really thin skinned......mac

I hardly think what I posted was "an attack."
If you think it was, then you are either way too sensitive or your definition of "attack" needs to be reconsidered.

siamcat
May 20th, 2013, 8:59 PM
Personally I think that this acrimony is not only happening on this board, but across the county. It's a sharply divided country and that's what the last four/five years have brought us. No unity to work through problems.
It's on both sides, but I have hope.
I know there are mostly good folks on this board and I've been here since Rick was gracious enough to start it and spend his time and money keeping it going with lots of help from Scarlett. It's a great place to share news, discuss ideas, get advice, share a joke, and just hang out. They're the yin and yang of this place.

Once in a while we just have to take a deep cleansing breath, me included.

Rick
May 21st, 2013, 11:15 AM
The thread in question has been cleaned up and reopened.

I am considering some changes to the administration of the forum and will decide in the next few days, what, if any I will implement.

Scarlett
May 21st, 2013, 11:25 AM
The thread in question has been cleaned up and reopened.

I am considering some changes to the administration of the forum and will decide in the next few days, what, if any I will implement.

Well I am on pins and needles waiting to see what THIS means.

Night Owl
May 21st, 2013, 11:28 AM
Hope you're wearing shoes.:))

Scarlett
May 21st, 2013, 11:29 AM
Hope you're wearing shoes.:))

Nope...but I did reload the fuel in my broom...8-;

mac
May 21st, 2013, 11:30 AM
some knucklehead, ignorant slob once said something about "biting the hand that feeds you" but he was ignored, castigated and shut out.....i too am on "pins and needles'.....mac

Scarlett
May 21st, 2013, 11:30 AM
some knucklehead, ignorant slob once said something about "biting the hand that feeds you" but he was ignored, castigated and shut out.....i too am on "pins and needles'.....mac

Again, no hand on this forum FEEDS ME...

Rick
May 21st, 2013, 7:19 PM
Well, it's not that exciting. I am considering adding a moderator or two to help me out. I have someone in mind, but was wondering if someone else might be interested.

Heck, every time I make a decision, someone is telling me how much I suck, so I figure that they might be able to show me how it's done! :bluerofl

Grammar Rules
May 21st, 2013, 7:21 PM
Since you're asking, I'd be dee-lighted! :p

mac
May 21st, 2013, 7:29 PM
a lot of "hands" on this forum feed you and your's......and me and mine......."it takes a village"......mac

Again, no hand on this forum FEEDS ME...

Rick
May 21st, 2013, 7:37 PM
Since you're asking, I'd be dee-lighted! :p
Oh, I have bigger and better plans for you.

Full administrator access and changing the forum notifications to your email address and let you deal with the hundred fifty spambot registrations every day. :))

Night Owl
May 21st, 2013, 8:18 PM
Oh, I have bigger and better plans for you.

Full administrator access and changing the forum notifications to your email address and let you deal with the hundred fifty spambot registrations every day. :))
Double dare you.:))

xzochye
May 21st, 2013, 8:32 PM
a lot of "hands" on this forum feed you and your's......and me and mine......."it takes a village"......mac

Your village needs to stay away from mine. We have no need for that colonial or pioneer ways of yours.

Scarlett
May 21st, 2013, 8:49 PM

OMG. Just when I think you can't possibly creep me out any more...you do...

Scarlett
May 21st, 2013, 8:49 PM
Your village needs to stay away from mine. We have no need for that colonial or pioneer ways of yours.

Yes. What she said!

Mestral
May 22nd, 2013, 6:16 AM
I think he is referring to his tax money.

mac
May 22nd, 2013, 12:28 PM

do you not honor and respect the colonist and pioneer fathers of this great nation, these united States?....mac

Rick
May 22nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
What's that got to do with the topic?

xzochye
May 22nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
do you not honor and respect the colonist and pioneer fathers of this great nation, these united States?....mac

I really don't give them a second thought.

Mestral
May 22nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
What's that got to do with the topic?Have you ever thought about making everything in the Admin section permanently moderated? I would. The section is for you to communicate with us about the operation of the forum, not for petty discussions of pioneers and villages. There are better places for that.

mac
May 22nd, 2013, 1:32 PM
BUT...it was not I who brought up the colonists and colonials.........mac

Have you ever thought about making everything in the Admin section permanently moderated? I would. The section is for you to communicate with us about the operation of the forum, not for petty discussions of pioneers and villages. There are better places for that.

Mestral
May 22nd, 2013, 1:55 PM
I never said you did.

Scarlett
May 22nd, 2013, 2:12 PM
Have you ever thought about making everything in the Admin section permanently moderated? I would. The section is for you to communicate with us about the operation of the forum, not for petty discussions of pioneers and villages. There are better places for that.

1. You started this thread here rather than send a PM to one of us.
2. Who is the "you" that you speak of?

Mestral
May 22nd, 2013, 2:17 PM
1. You started this thread here rather than send a PM to one of us.
2. Who is the "you" that you speak of?Communication with, not to. My suggestion is that any one of the moderators, yourself included should approve posts here, to help keep the noise level down. The "you" I speak of is any of the board admin. Yourself included. My post here was on topic.

Scarlett
May 22nd, 2013, 2:25 PM
Just seems to me that like almost ALL other topics on this forum, things evolve into other conversations. It doesn't seem to be a problem, and if anyone doesn't like it, they are always welcome to close their browser and stop reading it?
If it becomes an issue, we will lock this "why can locked topics have comments posted" topic! :)

Grammar Rules
May 22nd, 2013, 2:29 PM
Obama. Guns. Nazis.

There we go, now we have covered all the popular subjects.

Mestral
May 22nd, 2013, 2:39 PM
Just seems to me that like almost ALL other topics on this forum, things evolve into other conversations. It doesn't seem to be a problem, and if anyone doesn't like it, they are always welcome to close their browser and stop reading it?
If it becomes an issue, we will lock this "why can locked topics have comments posted" topic! :)It isn't me I am concerned about, as it should be clear by now I will read almost anything. But the administration should have a clean, quiet area for important matters, so that others, not inclined to muddle through all the noise could keep up with the important stuff you need to tell them. Posts not related to the administration of the board could be diverted to where you think they should go.

It was just a suggestion.

mac
May 22nd, 2013, 3:01 PM
oh oh, once again i find myself in total agreement with scarlett. i think that's 3 times in 3 days! i kind of see these conversations starting out as a bunch of us sitting on my back porch where we may start with the kid walkin' down the street in his hoodie in 90 degree weather and move to the young war bride across the street sun bathing to the car that ust drove by at 60 mph on and on adnauseum. if it gets tiresome to some of you just bring it back on topic or check out....simple as that...i mean, after all, these aren't classes or meetings, they're just conversations.....mac

If it becomes an issue, we will lock this "why can locked topics have comments posted" topic! :)

Rick
May 22nd, 2013, 3:04 PM
It was a valid suggestion. And he's right, if we want this to be for Admin Announcements, people might not wish to wade through "the usual" in order to get the information.

But I don't want it moderated where we have to approve every message. I don't have time for that.

And for the record, he posted his question in another topic in this section and I moved it here when I replied.

kantwin
May 22nd, 2013, 3:04 PM
oh oh, once again i find myself in total agreement with scarlett. i think that's 3 times in 3 days! i kind of see these conversations starting out as a bunch of us sitting on my back porch where we may start with the kid walkin' down the street in his hoodie in 90 degree weather and move to the young war bride across the street sun bathing to the car that ust drove by at 60 mph on and on adnauseum. if it gets tiresome to some of you just bring it back on topic or check out....simple as that....mac
Your back porch faces the street? How weird is that? LOL

Grammar Rules
May 22nd, 2013, 3:44 PM
Your back porch faces the street? How weird is that? LOL

Nah....I saw that car. It was speeding down the alley behind mac's house.

bbh
May 22nd, 2013, 6:41 PM
oh oh, once again i find myself in total agreement with scarlett. i think that's 3 times in 3 days! .....mac

Run, Scarlett.......RUN!!!!!!!

tx_trooper
May 22nd, 2013, 7:37 PM
Nope...but I did reload the fuel in my broom...8-;

I always enjoyed seeing the little green witch you used to have.

Scarlett
May 22nd, 2013, 7:43 PM
I always enjoyed seeing the little green witch you used to have.

I'll look for it tomorrow!

gnatsum
May 23rd, 2013, 7:11 PM
Obama. Guns. Nazis.

There we go, now we have covered all the popular subjects.

You forgot NASCAR...and Cove football. Think that completes the top 5....:))

Night Owl
May 23rd, 2013, 7:42 PM
You forgot NASCAR...and Cove football. Think that completes the top 5....:))
And beer barns.

Mestral
May 24th, 2013, 4:20 AM
Have you ever thought about making everything in the Admin section permanently moderated? I would. The section is for you to communicate with us about the operation of the forum, not for petty discussions of pioneers and villages. There are better places for that.I think the bulk of the posts since I made this comment have made my point for me.

Rick: if we want this to be for Admin Announcements, people might not wish to wade through "the usual" in order to get the information.

Scarlett
May 24th, 2013, 6:43 AM
Y'all forgot THE most important one: HIDEY HOLES!

xzochye
May 24th, 2013, 8:01 AM
Don't forget the mare.

Grammar Rules
May 24th, 2013, 8:06 AM
Oh no, you di'nt......

gnatsum
May 25th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Don't forget the mare.

Mare Corbin or Mare Hancock? Or are we talkin' 'bout the mare of Temple or Cove?

xzochye
May 25th, 2013, 1:19 PM
Mare Corbin or Mare Hancock? Or are we talkin' 'bout the mare of Temple or Cove?

The mare that Mac likes to have uhmm "relations" with. :-)

Mestral
May 26th, 2013, 7:16 AM
Grammar Rules is saddened by this post
Now, that is just plain odd.

sojourner truth
May 26th, 2013, 4:26 PM
It's an old thing that nobody wants to bring up...again.