PDA

View Full Version : bug spray for dogs?

The321
May 19th, 2013, 2:55 PM
I'm going to go camping this coming weekend and I have to take my dog. I heard of a all natural mosquito spray for dogs. But have forgot what it was/is. Can ya'll help me?

Ludwig
May 19th, 2013, 7:27 PM
Available at PetsMart: Only Natural Pet Herbal Defense Spray, a natural insect repellent spray that's safe for dogs and cats -- and their people! It contains no DEET, organophosphates or other dangerous pesticides, and it can even be used with puppies and kittens too young for other flea remedies. Only Natural Pet Herbal Defense Spray uses lemongrass, citronella, neem oil, catnip, and other natural herbal extracts to keep away every variety of annoying insect pest. Most people and pets don't mind the herbal-citrus scent, but insects definitely do! It keeps mosquitoes and biting flies off your pet's vulnerable ears, saving days of scratching and discomfort from itchy bites. Spraying your dog and your pant legs before your daily walk or a hike will deter ticks and reduce your risk of picking up those disease carrying hitchhikers.

CenTexDave
May 19th, 2013, 8:27 PM
Ludwig, you just wrote a good commercial.
Sure you aren't the owner of that spray?

The321
May 26th, 2013, 8:10 PM
Lady Bug was such a good girl this weekend. We got a lot of rain Friday night and almost all of Saturday. but it cleared up. #sulfer springs campground.3523

CenTexDave
May 27th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I'd just make sure it does not contain DEET. While sprays with DEET are very good for repelling mosquitoes, your dog might decide it also tastes good and lick her coat.
Topical applications help somewhat. Walgreen's own brand of "Frontline" works good for me, and is much cheaper than Frontline.

Night Owl
May 27th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Walgreen's own brand of "Frontline" works good for me, and is much cheaper than Frontline.
You got fleas?:)

CenTexDave
May 27th, 2013, 3:15 PM
Not any more. :)

poundpup
June 5th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Ludwig, you just wrote a good commercial.
Sure you aren't the owner of that spray?

I thought the same - I looked at who said it, because I thought they had money invested in the company LOL. Great write-up, Ludwig! Thank you.