PDA

View Full Version : What a sad loss...

yankeerunner
May 5th, 2013, 8:33 PM
When I first read about this I was hoping that the ref would pull out of the coma. Is this what the youth in sports today feel is proper behavior? I really feel for the ref's family. I really think they need to try this 17 year old as an adult and let him sit in prison and reflect on his actions.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130505/DA631H802.html

xzochye
May 5th, 2013, 8:37 PM
When I first read about this I was hoping that the ref would pull out of the coma. Is this what the youth in sports today feel is proper behavior? I really feel for the ref's family. I really think they need to try this 17 year old as an adult and let him sit in prison and reflect on his actions.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130505/DA631H802.html

Sadly the kid that did this is probably following the lead of parents and fans. I attend a bunch of sporting events, both high school and pro, and the stands are sometimes a horrible place to be.

I hope they do try him as an adult. He is old enough to understand the charges.

Citizen/Voter/Resident
May 6th, 2013, 9:09 AM
18 is an adult, <18 is not an adult.
Who gets to choose to change the law? Should be No One!

blueeagle
May 6th, 2013, 11:37 AM
It actually depends on the crime. Murder and manslaughter cases are often tried as adults if they are 16 or older. I think this is fair, these kids know what they are doing.

Ludwig
May 6th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I'm willing to await the results of an autopsy before I convict this teen for anything other than simple assault. I guess that for some of you now-a-days the presumption of innocence means nothing.

CenTexDave
May 7th, 2013, 3:49 PM
Fine, Ludwig. I guess when the kid hit him it was simple assault.
Of course he went into a coma and died. How did that happen?
The kid is 17. Try him and then hang him. This is happening far too often in youth sports lately.

Ludwig
May 7th, 2013, 5:09 PM
Of course he went into a coma and died. How did that happen?

That's what the autopsy will determine. If it turns out that he died as a result of that single blow to his head the I agree that this guy should be tried as an adult but even then he will get no more than 45 years. We quit hanging about 100 years ago but I'm ok with bringing it back as long as it's done in public and the victims and/or the victim's families have a front-row seat.

CenTexDave
May 7th, 2013, 6:25 PM
Hell yes in public. Here in Texas do it during halftime of a Cowboys game - wheel the gallows out and march the condemned to the 50 yard line.
The way the Boys have played lately, it would probably be helluva lot more entertaining.:)

CenTexDave
May 9th, 2013, 10:09 AM
He's been charged with homicidal assault. According to the article the DA wants to charge him as an adult, because as a juvenile not much would happen to him.
Personally, I hope they hang the little punk.