PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Thursday!!

cnjbond
April 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
This is the closest thing we have to the start of the football season...who will the Cowboys pick or will they trade out of the first round? The so called experts have been all over the place on where they see dallas going, but with so many holes and the implementation of a new defensive scheme, any pick is a good pick!!

cnjbond
April 25th, 2013, 7:38 PM
Aggies missed having their first overall #1 pick in the draft by a hair...

Rick
April 25th, 2013, 9:25 PM
Just looked at the draft list. Nineteen picked so far and I never heard of any of them. The Browns picked someone named Barkevious. I guess he'll fit right in with the Dawg Pound of old.

olderthandirt
April 25th, 2013, 9:27 PM
Luke Joeckel from A&M went to the Jaguars. He's an amazing player!

xzochye
April 25th, 2013, 9:40 PM
Luke Joeckel from A&M went to the Jaguars. He's an amazing player!

Off topic but my son FINALLY said he is considering A&M!

corgifan
April 25th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Cowboys pick a center for their #1. Great beard. Very excit (YAWN...) ing!
Jerry strikes again!

cnjbond
April 25th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Off topic but my son FINALLY said he is considering A&M!
Make sure he signs up for visits in the fall (especially the CORPS visits!!!) :)
You guys will fall in love with A&M, I guarantee it...if you don't, Olderthandirt will pay his first year tuition!! ;)

olderthandirt
April 26th, 2013, 5:58 AM
Make sure he signs up for visits in the fall (especially the CORPS visits!!!) :)
You guys will fall in love with A&M, I guarantee it...if you don't, Olderthandirt will pay his first year tuition!! ;)

And Bond will be paying for my son's Bush School grad tuition, too! Hullabaloo Caneck Caneck, whoop!

CenTexDave
April 26th, 2013, 6:46 AM
Some of these picks made no sense to me.
(1) KC picks first and takes that OT from Central Michigan over Luke Joeckel!!!! Not saying the kid isn't good but he played in the MAC while Joeckel played in the SEC. Big difference.
(2) The Browns take a DE/LB. Their defense is not the problem, their offense is!!
(3) Cowboys trade down and take a center!!!!!! The OL needed some help, but the defense needs more than some help.

cnjbond
April 26th, 2013, 8:24 AM
Some of these picks made no sense to me.
(1) KC picks first and takes that OT from Central Michigan over Luke Joeckel!!!! Not saying the kid isn't good but he played in the MAC while Joeckel played in the SEC. Big difference.
(2) The Browns take a DE/LB. Their defense is not the problem, their offense is!!
(3) Cowboys trade down and take a center!!!!!! The OL needed some help, but the defense needs more than some help.
I think Dallas reached on the center as well but I'm ok with it. I think this will free up some of the guys they had rotating at the center position to go back to their natural spots plus you'll have that position anchored for a while. Now these next couple of rounds should see nothing but D-line pics and a few more O line pics and definitely a SAFETY!!!!

Night Owl
April 26th, 2013, 8:33 AM
I liked the pick. Best center on the board and they filled a position they needed. D line should be next since they are going back to a 4-3.

At least they didn't pick a QB.

Ang
April 26th, 2013, 8:37 AM
KC has always been my team because it was my Dad's team when he died in the early 70's...back when KC did well.

Is the reason that KC got first pick, because they had the worst record?

xzochye
April 26th, 2013, 9:07 AM
KC has always been my team because it was my Dad's team when he died in the early 70's...back when KC did well.

I love KC too! Royals and Chiefs!

Night Owl
April 26th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Yes, that is the reason.

CenTexDave
April 26th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I liked the pick. Best center on the board and they filled a position they needed. D line should be next since they are going back to a 4-3.

Hell, sign a center in free agency or trade for one. The only center I can remember picked at #1 and was worth it is Nick Mangold of the Jets

CenTexDave
April 26th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I'm surprised KC didn't trade down. They are set at left tackle if they would stop being cheapskates and sign the guy they have instead of giving him the franchise tag every year.

cnjbond
April 27th, 2013, 9:34 PM
Ok, what the heck is Jerry smoking?!!! I don't understand the rest of those picks at all, neither the offensive line nor the defensive line needs were addressed. I just don't get it.....

Wolfdawg
April 27th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Another Cove boy was drafted today. Congrats to Josh Boyce going to the Patriots!

onetime
April 27th, 2013, 10:05 PM
The draft is a complete a waste of time and conjecture at best for fans, no one knows how well anyone will do even on the so called can't miss kids. In my opinion the best teams stockpile second, third, and fourth round picks pay those kids little contracts and see which ones pan out. The problem with Dallas is that they often draft kids that will not be on the team three years later or their busts and you have to pay those kids so much money to not pan out, can anyone think of a good pick Dallas has made in recent years?

Here are their best picks in the last ten years - 2002-2012 - they selected 88 players in this time frame (I checked)

Roy Williams, Andre Gurode, Antonio Bryant (subjective maybe, I agree), Terrance Newman, Jason Witten, Bradie James, Patrick Crayton, Demarcus Ware, Marcus Spears (let this guy go for nothing in return), Marion Barber, held on to late, Chris Canty, Jay Ratcliff, Doug Free, Isiah Stanback, Nick folk (Ran out of town), Mike Jenkins, Dez Bryant (Questionable) and Demarcus Murray. Interesting thing about the guys in bold are that all of these guys were drafted by Parcells who left in 2006, so that leaves you with seven drafts and a handful of players, waste of

CenTexDave
April 28th, 2013, 9:33 AM
This is why the Cowboys are always good, but not good enough. I also wonder what Jones and Garrett based their picks on. Hell, that center from Wisconsin was not even rated high enough to be a draft pick until maybe the 6th or 7th round. Once again, this coming year, the defense will suck. And Jones will scratch his head and wonder what the hell happened.

CenTexDave
April 28th, 2013, 10:48 AM

It is debatable whether he was the best center on the board. The only other center taken was like the 175th pick, and he was rated higher.
What I don't get is why the Boys didn't go after defensive help earlier. I know they needed to bolster their OL, but should have taken a guard of tackle, not a center. And don't want to bash Romo (:)), but QB's Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassip taken in the 4th round were steals.

cnjbond
April 30th, 2013, 4:57 PM
I guess I'll do what I've done every year and give them the benefit of the doubt...until they do like they've done every year by seasons end to support that doubt.

CenTexDave
April 30th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Correct, Mr. Bond.
Actually they had a decent draft. Some of the other teams didnt make sense to me - QBs Geno Smith to the Jets and E.J. Manuel to the Bills, but then they are the ones that have to live with their selections.

cnjbond
January 15th, 2014, 6:12 PM
Just got done going back over this thread to see how everyone's predictions turned out...I guess it's safe to say not addressing the D-line came back to bite the Boys in the butt!!!

CenTexDave
January 16th, 2014, 9:10 AM
Sure, it was all Rob Ryan's fault. :))

siamcat
January 16th, 2014, 7:49 PM
Did the Lions pick up anybody decent? Normally they stink at their picks.

kantwin
January 16th, 2014, 7:51 PM
Draft doesn't start until May.

siamcat
January 16th, 2014, 8:37 PM
Draft doesn't start until May.

Guess I didn't check the date, just the title:).

cnjbond
January 17th, 2014, 9:44 AM
Did the Lions pick up anybody decent? Normally they stink at their picks.

They picked up a pretty good head coach for starters.

CenTexDave
January 17th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I think the Lions did good in that department.
So now the only team without a head coach is Cleveland. Why am I not surprised? Idiots!! :)