PDA

View Full Version : Nothing says 'liberty' like..

Dagobert II
April 16th, 2013, 3:32 PM
A .223 Bushmaster w/ 30rd magazine on sale at the Killeen Walmart at 3:20 PM this afternoon for $977.

sojourner truth
April 16th, 2013, 5:45 PM
Whoa...ya don't say. Well, actually, you just did.

I'm starting to see a lot more ammo and magazines available too lately.

The folks at Astro range are not getting a lot of traffic lately, so when me and my buds showed up and fired up a few hundred rounds, it made them happy.

Mestral
April 17th, 2013, 8:59 AM
Yeah, we may have just turned the corner on ammo.
Until Obama opens his mouth about the Boston Terror Attack.
There is still the chance he could reignite the run on guns and ammo.

IronErnin
April 17th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Now, he'll try to get background checks on people trying to buy pressure cookers. (haaa, haaa)
Parts of the bombs were constructed from reloader type materials. I could see some room for pressure there.

sojourner truth
April 17th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Yep...Buying powder in bulk always makes me curious as to what the seller must be thinking. It was what set off the owner of Guns Galore when ol' Abdo was buying the stuff to make a pressure cooker bomb.

I don't reload myself any more, although the current ammo crunch has been making me rethink that policy. The problem is, you may have the brass and poder and primers, but the bullets themselves are hard to find.

I hope they catch the perp and hang him high. I also hope that the knee jerk congress and white house don't get stupid all over again.

Mestral
April 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Yep...Buying powder in bulk always makes me curious as to what the seller must be thinking. It was what set off the owner of Guns Galore when ol' Abdo was buying the stuff to make a pressure cooker bomb.
. . .It wasn't buying the powder that tipped of the owner of Guns Galore, it was his question: "what does this stuff do?"

Mestral
April 17th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah, we may have just turned the corner on ammo. . .A little expansion on this statement. I watch the flow of 9mm JMJ ammo onto and off of the bulkammo.com site. Over the past two weeks, the price stabilized at 79 cents a round, and the flow dropped from over 10k rounds an hour to just under 6k rounds an hour. In addition, for the first time in months, there was 9mm ammo available on that site 24 hours a day for 6 out of 7 days in a row.

Today the price went up to 80 cents a round but the flow dropped to about 3k rounds an hour. Kinda mixed today.

Dagobert II
April 17th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Gotta watch out for the radio control airplane crowd you know. Not only are those guys building and flying drones, but those drones are fueled with nitromethane. http://www.klotznitromethane.com/

CenTexDave
April 17th, 2013, 1:40 PM
And NK's Kim has made a nuke to fit those radio controlled airplanes!!

Night Owl
April 17th, 2013, 2:41 PM
And NK's Kim has made a nuke to fit those radio controlled airplanes!!
Has a kill radius of 5 meters.:)

IronErnin
April 17th, 2013, 3:09 PM
A nuke that small wouldn't worry me too much. Arming one with a persistant chemical weapon would be a greater concern.

sojourner truth
April 17th, 2013, 5:12 PM
He'd need one big enough to wipe out Nolanville at least. That would wreak...10s of dollars worth of damage.

Night Owl
April 17th, 2013, 8:08 PM
He'd need one big enough to wipe out Nolanville at least. That would wreak...10s of dollars worth of damage.
5/5. Excellent ST.:))

corgifan
April 17th, 2013, 9:51 PM
Now, he'll try to get background checks on people trying to buy pressure cookers. (haaa, haaa)
Parts of the bombs were constructed from reloader type materials. I could see some room for pressure there.
Keep on yucking it up. Shame on you.

Rick
April 18th, 2013, 6:26 AM
They aren't laughing at the deaths, they are laughing at the known knee jerk reactions of this administration and his followers.

Edited to add: this message posted by Rick the forum participant, not Rick, the forum administrator.

sojourner truth
April 18th, 2013, 6:56 AM
The same president who was missing in action raisng funds in Vegas when his embassy was being attacked? That one? Who is now on the TV every few minutes to let us know that we still don't know anything? And now heading to Boston?

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the bosses of the brave first responders can get their faces in the camera patting themselves on the back.

How fast do you think he'll get to West? You know..."fly over, red state country".

The real heros are the EMS and fire folks, and the doctors and nurses that had to handle some very nasty wounds. Most at Boston general were put into comas to keep them alive. The wounds ranged from a dozen to several hundred pieces of shrapnel in the form of nails an BBs. Mostly to lower extremities, which are harder to treat and more dangerous than torso wounds. One heck of a day for the trauma surgeons who had to work without rest all day and night on the victims.

And kudos to the Boston community who have opened up their homes to the victims for a place to stay. THAT is America at its best.

Mestral
April 18th, 2013, 7:20 AM
Typical liberal response. Invoke emotion when there are no facts to back them up.

If you lack the capacity to understand what the posts were about, it would be better for you to keep to yourself. If you did understand what the previous posts were about, then you are deliberately muddying the waters.

sojourner truth
April 18th, 2013, 9:23 AM
Mestral...no...Let her post all she wants. That's exactly what we need to see in order to understand (if that's possible) how their mind thinks. I know, that's hard to believe, but I find it useful, and amusing.

Maybe more like amazing. But please, let her go on. I have never seen so much anger without any input or line of logic in my life. Strictly spouting the talking points of the day without actually thinking about them on their own. Simply lovely. Mob Mentality at its best.

Night Owl
April 18th, 2013, 9:25 AM
And they teach our children. That is scary.

CenTexDave
April 18th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Which one of those three are you??? #3 is a cutie.

prideworks
April 18th, 2013, 10:37 AM

Don't let them bait you Corgi...some folks can't get through the day unless they attack someone else; makes 'em feel good for some crazy reason..:rolleyes

sojourner truth
April 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Since that attack, I guess that makes you one of "those folks"....

Citizen/Voter/Resident
April 19th, 2013, 2:57 PM
"Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage." - H. L. Mencken

Grammar Rules
June 13th, 2013, 3:39 PM
This thread, "Nothing Says Liberty Like...." Is just perfect for this. Y'all make a reservation, gas up the SUV, and take the family to North Texas for some fun!

AUBREY –– It’s a frightening sight to some Denton County neighbors: an armed gunman in a helicopter, hovering near North Texas homes. A gun range allows target practice from the air; the shooter hangs out of a helicopter, firing close to homes near Aubrey.
The neighbors say it was totally unexpected.
They looked up and saw a man in a helicopter armed with an assault rifle. A few seconds later, they heard the shots.
"It's like the ultimate video game," said Dan Claassen of Helicoptersniper.com.
But it's no game to Michael Lauer and his wife, who used their cell phone to show how their tranquil surroundings turned into what sounds like a war zone.
"The first time they were hovering right over our two acres, shooting at whatever," said Lauer. "You really didn't know were they shooting at me."
Helicoptersniper.com provides the helicopter. Big Boar Tactical supplies the gun range and targets. Their goal is to create a thrill seeking, safe adventure.
"It's not like we're endangering anybody's life with our flight patterns or our techniques," said Claassen. "Everything is totally safe in that regard."
The people who operate the helicopter say they only fly over the gun range, not the neighborhood. And they said they don't fly that often: every other week at 15 minutes per shooter.
"It's not like we're hitting this every day," said Claassen. "So it's not noise pollution. So there is no noise. It's the world safest and quietest helicopter."
The Lauers and their neighbors are worried about the possibility of ricocheting bullets. "You just know, some day, one of them is going to hit the house or do something," said Lauer.
But helicopter and gun range officials say the shooter is always aiming down at targets that are backed up by mounds of dirt.
Officials from the Federal Aviation Administration and Denton County said the helicopter target practice is perfectly legal. The neighbors are frustrated and say they may have no choice but to go to court.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/denton/Helicopter-target-practice-irks-Denton-County-neighbors-210897501.html

CenTexDave
June 13th, 2013, 3:44 PM
Heehaw!!!!!!!!!:)

Ludwig
June 13th, 2013, 4:06 PM
That kind of target practice is essential to getting ready for a helicopter hog hunt. If it's all legal what do those idiots think they are going to gain by going to court?

Mestral
June 13th, 2013, 5:30 PM
This thread, "Nothing Says Liberty Like...." Is just perfect for this. Y'all make a reservation, gas up the SUV, and take the family to North Texas for some fun!
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/denton/Helicopter-target-practice-irks-Denton-County-neighbors-210897501.html

That kind of target practice is essential to getting ready for a helicopter hog hunt. If it's all legal what do those idiots think they are going to gain by going to court?They can have the satisfaction of paying a lawyer a lot of money to tell them it's legal. :)

Grammar Rules
June 13th, 2013, 7:19 PM
I'd like to hear a quiet helicopter! :)) It would be unnerving to have someone hovering over your land, even if the bullets were actually hitting the targets on the adjacent land. You don't own your airspace, though, a fact that's probably not lost on those who would want to watch you. Which also isn't illegal.

Grammar Rules
June 13th, 2013, 8:34 PM
Here's the web page for helicopter sniper. It's an R-44 helicopter, and I have to admit, this looks like a lot of fun in the video.

http://www.helicoptersniper.com/

Sent from my iPad

Mestral
June 14th, 2013, 2:59 AM
I'd like to hear a quiet helicopter! :)) It would be unnerving to have someone hovering over your land, even if the bullets were actually hitting the targets on the adjacent land. You don't own your airspace, though, a fact that's probably not lost on those who would want to watch you. Which also isn't illegal.I doubt that is was actually hovering over their land, but it probably looked that way. If it had been, they would have been able to show a lot of brass under the hover position.