PDA

View Full Version : Romo Agrees to Six Year Extension

CenTexDave
March 29th, 2013, 4:52 PM
Romo signs $108M contract.
Jones is insane.

Night Owl
March 29th, 2013, 5:08 PM
Now we have a quality QB signed. Excellent move.

cnjbond
March 29th, 2013, 6:12 PM
$55 Million guaranteed that's more than Brady or Flacco and both of them have one superbowls and freaking playoffs!!! Thank God it's not my money, I refuse to purchase any Cowboy anything from this day forward, til death do us part!!!! :doh

Now a superbowl win (by Romo) will cure all of that rhetoric :)

circle_c
March 29th, 2013, 6:18 PM
WTF

3372 :doh

CenTexDave
March 29th, 2013, 6:29 PM
This QB has exactly 1 playoff win. He chokes in big games. Tired of hearing he doesn't have enough talent around him to succeed.

sojourner truth
March 29th, 2013, 7:09 PM
Maybe he can afford a good trainer now. For over $1.2 million a game, this guy better deliver hot dogs and beer as well.

corgifan
March 29th, 2013, 8:11 PM
Romo is going to come back, have a great year, and a lot of people (to include me) are going to be eating crow.

cnjbond
March 29th, 2013, 9:50 PM
One can only hope!!!!

CenTexDave
March 29th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Interesting to see what they do in the draft. This year's draft is loaded with quality offensive and defensive linemen.
Which means the Boys will draft a CB.

cnjbond
March 30th, 2013, 7:10 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself!!

tony-romo-latest-cowboy-to-cash-in-big-time-without-delivering-great-results (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--tony-romo-latest-cowboy-to-cash-in-big-time-without-delivering-great-results-013440103.html)

cnjbond
April 4th, 2013, 9:58 PM
Ok, this will be my last dig at Romo...maybe. :)
cowboys-award-6year-108-million-extension-to-watch-superbowl (http://www.theonion.com/articles/cowboys-award-6year-108-million-extension-to-super,31936/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default)

CenTexDave
April 5th, 2013, 9:52 AM
Read on ESPN's website that in a radio interview yesterday Ware said "It's time for Romo to put up or shut up".
Sounds reasonable to me. :)

christine
April 5th, 2013, 12:05 PM
I don't know why these athletes get paid so much money.

CenTexDave
April 5th, 2013, 12:59 PM
It really does seem ridiculous. A handful of them make $20M+ per year.
All it took was one owner, after a great one in any sport, to offer these exhorbitant salaries and others followed suit.
When Jim Brown retired from football he was the highest paid player in the NFL at the time - $70K per year. :))

cnjbond
April 5th, 2013, 2:27 PM

Dave hit the nail on the head, all it took was one supposed superstar to get a big paycheck and then the floodgates were opened, even for unproven talent (which I still don't understand why an owner will shell out that much money to a rookie)!

And also because knucklehead sports fans (like myself) keep buying products and attending games that goes into the owners pockets that allow them to pay these ridiculous contracts...plus the CRAZY revenue these sports franchises receive from advertisement and TV deals.

gvls78
April 6th, 2013, 11:12 PM

Not saying it's right but the fact is that they do a job that we can't do. A job that the majority of America and in some cases the world watch like a religion. We watch, we buy, we go to games, we buy $8 beers and support our teams with gusto. That's why they get paid. I for one love sports and don't begrudge them a cent. I've always been of the opinion if you don't like what the athletes get paid then don't watch or support them. If you do then the fact is you have to accept grown men get paid millions to play a sport. Again, don't like it, turn the channel.