PDA

View Full Version : Ellison Girls Track

Scarlett
March 2nd, 2013, 3:12 PM
Proud mama reporting...my baby girl Stormy just ran the first distance relay of her life today (in San Marcos), and they came in 3rd place! She has never ran with a baton in her hand, not once in her life until today, and didn't practice at all this week due to a knee injury and yet they placed third. She just got her first high school varsity track medal! Needless to say I just got off the phone with one happy young lady! She was also tossed into another relay and had to sprint (she is a distance runner but for some ungodly reason loves to sprint) and they came in fourth.

I think Ellison just took 3rd place in this relay meet. (Hard to tell for sure with all the screaming in the background...but I THINK that is what she was yelling.)

Ludwig
March 2nd, 2013, 3:34 PM
Since were braggin'. My 13-year-old granddaughter too an ACT battery of tests not too long ago. The results came in yesterday indicating that she is in the top third of the nation in all areas. Heaven knows what she will score after she finishes High School. That's what kids can do when the parents care. Both of her parents work for KISD.

Night Owl
March 2nd, 2013, 8:41 PM
Scarlett, tell your daughter she has a bunch of fans on CTT. GO EAGLES!!!!!just stay away from the Owl feathers.:)):))

Scarlett
March 2nd, 2013, 9:02 PM
She just got home a little while ago and had to decide where to "start a medal wall" at in her room....
Ohhhh Lord.

CenTexDave
March 7th, 2013, 9:10 PM
That's great, Scarlett. Now you know what it feels like.

Scarlett
March 8th, 2013, 7:34 PM
Woohoo! Third place in her two mile in Waco today! Medal number two!

Scarlett
March 8th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Ellison girls just took first place at the Waco meet! Now if only they would get home so mama can pick up Stormy and go to bed!
That child is going to talk all the way home... It's her birthday, she gets to start her driving classes, her team won AND she won a medal? She ain't shutting up tonight!

Night Owl
March 8th, 2013, 11:08 PM
What grade is she in?

Scarlett
March 8th, 2013, 11:09 PM
What grade is she in?

She is a freshman.... And she is on the varsity team. :)

Night Owl
March 8th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Go Eagles. My oldest daughter attended Ellison as a freshman, then we were transferred to Germany with a short stop at Fort Sill for Officer Advanced Course.

Night Owl
March 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM
She is a freshman.... And she is on the varsity team. :)
She has a bright future running track. Not many make varsity as a freshman. Momma has to be proud.

Scarlett
March 8th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Ridiculously proud! Heck in middle school she played a trumpet and NEVER did ANY sport. Ever. Who knew she could run? She sure didn't get that from her mama... Heck I run up my stairs and I hurt! LOL

She already earned her jacket... Which is awesome cause she can wear it for four years.

Scarlett
May 13th, 2013, 2:04 PM
Guess who's daughter won the Track Athlete of the Year Award?

Mine! Not bad for a girl who never played a sport at all in middle school.

Watch out world...only a freshman and gonna take the world by Storm! ;)

Night Owl
May 13th, 2013, 2:06 PM
Excellent. Congrats to her.

CenTexDave
May 14th, 2013, 10:46 AM
That is great, Scarlett. I hope she improves each year. Wins district, regional and state.

CenTexDave
May 14th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Oh, by the way keep encouraging her. Those athletic scholarships sure help pay for college!! :)

Scarlett
May 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Oh believe me...that is upmost in her mind. She knows I'm still paying for my own college so I'm not paying for hers!

CenTexDave
May 14th, 2013, 1:06 PM
Don't worry Scarlett. Our Fearless Leader tells us he and Michelle are still paying off their student loans.
But how can that be? He was a Fulbright Scholar, which was reserved for FOREIGN students!!!!!!

Scarlett
May 14th, 2013, 1:19 PM
Hell's Bells Dave...even THIS topic has turned to Obama...just like that....damn it!

CenTexDave
May 14th, 2013, 2:33 PM
You knew it was coming!!! :)

cnjbond
May 14th, 2013, 4:52 PM
Oh believe me...that is upmost in her mind. She knows I'm still paying for my own college so I'm not paying for hers!
I hear Texas A&M has a pretty good track program... :)

CenTexDave
May 14th, 2013, 6:54 PM
Yep. So does Baylor.

cnjbond
May 14th, 2013, 7:58 PM
Yep. So does Baylor.

Uhhhh has Baylor won 3 outdoor track and field titles in a row for both the men's and women's programs? Oh wait, I did say "pretty good track program" so that would be applicable to Baylor...I meant to say GREAT Track program. ;)

CenTexDave
May 14th, 2013, 9:27 PM
Probably would have won a couple more if RG3 continued in track.

Scarlett
October 23rd, 2013, 6:11 PM
Ok, I know it's not track, but cross country...
My baby was the only girl from Ellison to medal at the district meet today. Not only that, she now holds the record for Ellison!

Yeah...I'm a proud mama!

siamcat
October 23rd, 2013, 6:16 PM
My baby was the only girl from Ellison to medal at the district meet today. Not only that, she now holds the record for Ellison!

Yeah...I'm a proud mama!

Congrats to your daughter

Night Owl
October 24th, 2013, 1:26 PM

Yeah...I'm a proud mama!
You should be and she is a really nice young lady. Good for her.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2013, 7:48 PM
Congrats to Ms. and Miss Scarlett. Go to Regionals and win that too!!