PDA

View Full Version : Team Phenom Basketball Sponsorship.Fundraising

Scarlett
February 27th, 2013, 2:01 PM
I am not posting this in the normal fundraising area since this is not a KISD event.

My son, Akeem, has tried out and made an AAU travel team for this season. They start up soon and play their first game in Austin on March 23. We go every weekend from then until August 4th when they have nationals in Wichita, Kansas. He will even be competing in Vegas in July.
Needless to say, we are trying to raise money for his team for their travel expenses. The money raised is 100% for the kids travel, we parents pay for our own travel expenses as well as for all their uniforms and equipment.
On March 29, they will be having a "Free-Throw-A-Thon." He will shoot 100 free throws, and he is seeking pledges for shots made. Example, if he makes 50 shots and you pledged 25 cents, then you would donate $12.50. (He generally shoots about 60%, but he has never tried to shoot 100 in a row...I can't imagine how tired my arms would be...lol) You can pledge as little or as much as you would like per shot.
In addition, he is seeking corporate sponsorships. I am attaching the flyer that will help explain what all this entails.
If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in either making a pledge for the free-throw-a-thon or meeting with Akeem so he can talk to you about the sponsorship, please let me know. I would MUCH rather bring him to meet with you face to face so that he can work on the communication skills necessary to be successful and not just have mama do his asking for him.
AKeem is THE youngest kid to make this team and he is ridiculously excited about this opportunity.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and just shoot me a message or post here if you know of anyone he can approach.