PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for My Partial Disappearance

Rick
February 27th, 2013, 8:36 AM
I have not been as active lately and here's why. A couple weeks ago, I got hit with the flu and it really took the wind out of my sails. I'll spare you the details, but I spent four days in bed. Then, as I was getting my strength back, I was busy getting some things done around the house and on our little piece of paradise before today.

This morning, I am going in for my 4th left shoulder surgery. I've had nothing but problems since the last surgery in the summer of 2011, so they are going to go in and give it one more shot. It's going to be pretty extensive. During the last surgery, the Dr. detached the biceps tendon from point A and attached it to point B. This surgeon thinks that it may be resting on a nerve in that channel, so today, they are going to detach it from point B and then cut into my arm and reattach the tendon to point C in order to take it completely out of that channel.
http://www.centextalk.com/pics/shoulder_surgery.JPG

Between both shoulders, this will be my tenth shoulder surgery. It seems as if I am constantly recovering and it's just no fun.

Wish me luck with what the surgeon is calling a "Hail Mary" procedure.

Ludwig
February 27th, 2013, 8:43 AM
I could have done without the picture, yuck! At any rate, I will offer Mass for you today.

Rick
February 27th, 2013, 9:12 AM
Thank you.

circle_c
February 27th, 2013, 9:26 AM
:goodluckHopefully this surgery will remedy the problem. I'm sure you have been going the hell with this problem,
again all the best on this procedure.

Night Owl
February 27th, 2013, 9:33 AM
Rick
my prayers are with you today. Praying for the best outcome and a speedy recovery.

xzochye
February 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. If you need help with anything let me know and I can send my kid over to help out.

Citizen/Voter/Resident
February 27th, 2013, 11:04 AM
All the Best and a Speedy Recovery.

siamcat
February 27th, 2013, 5:07 PM
Best of luck with the surgery and recovery.

Rick
February 27th, 2013, 5:50 PM
Out of surgery and I guess all went well. Should be going home soon.

Mestral
February 27th, 2013, 5:57 PM
Four on one shoulder and six on the other!
I'll say a prayer that this is your last day under the knife.

Texas Immigrant
February 27th, 2013, 6:06 PM
Praying for a speedy recovery. PLEASE let me know if there is anything you need. We'd love the opportunity to help you.

siamcat
February 27th, 2013, 6:52 PM
Glad to hear that it went well. Continued prayers for the recovery.

gnatsum
February 28th, 2013, 7:22 PM
Get better soon, Rick.
At least your fingers still work and can type, right?

Night Owl
February 28th, 2013, 9:24 PM
I think he is using his elbows.:))

Rick
Do
what
the
Doctor
says!

sojourner truth
March 1st, 2013, 5:27 PM
Owl...It's his shoulder man. Everything else still works. Or at least that's what his wife says.:))

The Torii Fox
March 7th, 2013, 7:49 AM
Hang in there man. Hope you heal up. Physical therapy physical therapy physical therapy...

Mestral
March 7th, 2013, 8:30 AM
What the Fox said.