PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Talk!!!

Rick
February 3rd, 2013, 5:32 PM
Go for it!

sojourner truth
February 3rd, 2013, 5:41 PM
Got the nacho chips ready, the Burbon on ice, the Velveeta and Rotel ready to nuke, and my "special" Nacho toppings on the stove as we speak.

Our pastor was telling us this morning about 22 millionaires sitting on the couch watching the game today...The Dallas Cowboys.:))

Rick
February 3rd, 2013, 5:56 PM
M&M's "I won't Do That" #1 so far.

CenTexDave
February 3rd, 2013, 6:29 PM
Baltimore looking good so far. But the 49'ers came back against Atlanta, so we will see.

xzochye
February 3rd, 2013, 6:33 PM
Rooting for the Ravens!

engteach64
February 3rd, 2013, 7:32 PM
My team didn't make it, so I chose the 49ers. I wanted to change to the Ravens, but didn't think that would be right, so stuck with the 49ers. I am still rooting for them, but WOW, the Ravens are kicking behind.

Half time show? Slutty. Beyoncé should definitely NOT wear what she was wearing. Not attractive on her.

WOW! What an awesome touchdown! 109 Yards!! Give the man some props!

Rick
February 3rd, 2013, 7:40 PM
Now the lights go out. Nice!

xzochye
February 3rd, 2013, 7:46 PM
My team didn't make it, so I chose the 49ers. I wanted to change to the Ravens, but didn't think that would be right, so stuck with the 49ers. I am still rooting for them, but WOW, the Ravens are kicking behind.

Half time show? Slutty. Beyoncé should definitely NOT wear what she was wearing. Not attractive on her.

With the exception of a few songs I am not a Beyonce fan. However, she is beautiful and has a rocking hot body! I thought she looked great.

cnjbond
February 3rd, 2013, 7:52 PM

That opinion is definitely the minority if Facebook is any indicator...lol.

sojourner truth
February 3rd, 2013, 7:57 PM
Somebodys head is going to be on a pike for the light thing...

Of course, for the 49ers, I think the lights are out and the party is over.

xzochye
February 3rd, 2013, 8:14 PM

xzochye
February 3rd, 2013, 8:15 PM
Somebodys head is going to be on a pike for the light thing...

Of course, for the 49ers, I think the lights are out and the party is over.

xzochye
February 3rd, 2013, 8:16 PM

sojourner truth
February 3rd, 2013, 8:50 PM
Well, looks like SF has seen the light.

engteach64
February 3rd, 2013, 8:57 PM
I can't believe it is now a 5 point game. Even though I'm rooting for the 49'ers I have to say Boston deserves to win.

Texas Immigrant
February 3rd, 2013, 9:44 PM
Boston???

kantwin
February 3rd, 2013, 10:15 PM
Huge hold on the safety play that was missed.
M&M's commercial was the best.
GoDaddy almost made me puke.

Night Owl
February 3rd, 2013, 10:39 PM
I can't believe it is now a 5 point game. Even though I'm rooting for the 49'ers I have to say Boston deserves to win.

Yes they do.

Hey guys give her a break. She is a grammar teacher you know.

Ravens 34
49ers 31

Ray ray gets a ring

finalbowser
February 4th, 2013, 1:50 AM

sojourner truth
February 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Yes they do.

Hey guys give her a break. She is a grammar teacher you know.

Ravens 34
49ers 31

Ray ray gets a ring

Ray Ray needs to get 25 to life, if not the magic needle.

Night Owl
February 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Ray Ray needs to get 25 to life, if not the magic needle.

I don't agree. Our justice system found him not guilty. Was that right? I don't think so, but I don't have all the facts on the case.

CenTexDave
February 4th, 2013, 10:38 AM
There wasn't enough evidence in the case in charge him, so he settled for obstruction of justice.

sojourner truth
February 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Riiiight. Just like Barry Bonds' personal trainer kept him off the hook. The lack of evidence is because the people who knew what happened kept their mouths shut, not because it didn't happen.

ethelm
February 4th, 2013, 1:37 PM
And he paid the families LOTS of money from what I understand.

engteach64
February 4th, 2013, 7:49 PM
Sorry, I said Boston all night. Yes, I know they are from Baltimore. :) I tell you I watch sports like a girl. Don't even talk to me about stats. I used to refer to the teams by the color of their uniforms. Ten years ago I would have said I was rooting for the red team or the white team. :) Progress takes time. Now if the Rams were playing I wouldn't have messed up where they were from. :)

kantwin
February 4th, 2013, 7:52 PM
Now if the Rams were playing I wouldn't have messed up where they were from. :)
The Rams are not in Los Angeles anymore, are they?

xzochye
February 4th, 2013, 8:10 PM
Sorry, I said Boston all night. Yes, I know they are from Baltimore. :) I tell you I watch sports like a girl. Don't even talk to me about stats. I used to refer to the teams by the color of their uniforms. Ten years ago I would have said I was rooting for the red team or the white team. :) Progress takes time. Now if the Rams were playing I wouldn't have messed up where they were from. :)

Love the Rams!! Hopefully they will have a pretty decent team in a couple of years. They should be getting some good draft picks.

Ludwig
February 4th, 2013, 8:26 PM

The Cowboys are not in Dallas either.

Night Owl
February 4th, 2013, 8:35 PM

When did they move?:))

kantwin
February 4th, 2013, 9:12 PM
When did they move?:))

They did? LOL

siamcat
February 4th, 2013, 9:35 PM

I wouldn't worry too much. I forgot the Superbowl was on TV until my brother called from Germany during half-time.:)

Night Owl
February 4th, 2013, 9:46 PM
They did? LOL

When?:))

engteach64
February 5th, 2013, 9:00 AM

The Rams are in St. Louis. :) I've been a Rams fan when they were in LA, Aneheim, now St. Louis.

CenTexDave
February 5th, 2013, 9:10 AM

Think you know football? Where did the Rams originally come from?

kantwin
February 5th, 2013, 9:14 AM
Think you know football? Where did the Rams originally come from?
I know this one.
They came from where they were before they moved to where they are now. LOL
What do I win?

sojourner truth
February 5th, 2013, 10:20 AM
The Rams are in St. Louis. :) I've been a Rams fan when they were in LA, Aneheim, now St. Louis.

The Rams were my childhood team, being from California...I had a football helmet made that had the horns on them and everything. It broke my heart when the moved. The raiders were a favorite too, as one of their defensive linemen lived next door to me. That was back when they didn't make any money, of course.

Al Davis ruined the team.

CenTexDave
February 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
The Rams were initially the Cleveland Rams. That's right - Cleveland.
After WWII a new league was formed with all the players returning from military service - the All American Football Conference. Cleveland was awarded a franchise and the coach was Paul Brown. They didn't play at Cleveland Stadium - that was home of the Rams, but rather at a second rate stadium in west Cleveland. After a while they were outdrawing the Rams. The Rams then moved to L.A. After destroying the opposition in that conference for a few years, the AAFC folded. The Browns were invited to join the NFL. In the first season in the NFL they played in the championship game. Beat the Rams. :))

Ludwig
February 5th, 2013, 11:36 AM
What, besides the football game, do we look forward to during the Super Bowl — besides pizza, beer, wings, nachos, guacamole, popcorn, food-fights, vacuuming, shampooing, and disinfecting the living room and flat-screen TV, when it’s all over and done with? The Super Bowl Commercials.

I found the commercials to be particularly irreligious, with one shining exception: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=to7zLq-ZjjQ

engteach64
February 5th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I don't recall the rams being anywhere before LA as long as I can remember. I know the afters, but not the befores. Probably because I wasn't born unil 64, so I wasn't old enough to care. :) I just know my dad was born and raised in CA, and has been a Rams fan for my whole life. :)

sojourner truth
February 5th, 2013, 2:17 PM
Yeah, it's like tracing baseballs history back from the time that there weren't any teams west of pittsburg. The Brooklyn Dodgers, The New York Giants, etc. Kansas City A's, who started out in Phillidelphia and then moved to Oakland etc...

CenTexDave
February 5th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Boston Braves. St. Louis Browns.

Rick
February 5th, 2013, 8:25 PM
St. Louis Browns.
Was a baseball team, now known as the Baltimore Orioles.