PDA

View Full Version : Do You Like the Activity Stream?

Rick
January 25th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Do you like the Activity stream?

Night Owl
January 26th, 2013, 2:08 AM
I don't have a problem withit.

Mestral
January 26th, 2013, 3:11 AM
Really doesn't make a difference with me on this board. It would make a difference if there was a lot less activity (like less than 5 messages per week per "friend" in my list of friends) or if I were on here 24/7, and doing nothing else. I generally use the "user control page" as my home page here. It gets me a list of all subscribed threads that have new posts. therefore I rarely even see the stream.

IronErnin
January 26th, 2013, 5:13 AM
It is just one more thing on my way to the new posts. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't help me.

Gramps
January 26th, 2013, 7:59 AM
I don't pay any attention to it, so it doesn't or help me.

siamcat
January 26th, 2013, 8:41 AM
Well, I hid mine so it doesn't bother me.

Mestral
January 26th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I am guessing, from the results, it defaults to "no" if we post here and don't vote.
So far, I count six "doesn't really matter" votes.

IronErnin
January 26th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I'd keep it. It can serve to alert one to really "hot" threads under discussion.

Grammar Rules
January 26th, 2013, 3:17 PM
I'd keep it. It can serve to alert one to really "hot" threads under discussion.

Is it a solution without a problem? All of us have our method of keeping up with what's new in our areas of interest. I don't use it, find it annoying, and voted "no" only one time, even though I am a Democrat. :))

Rick
January 26th, 2013, 4:27 PM
Just to make sure we know what I'm talking about. It isn't the sidebar that you can collapse and not see.

It's at this link. http://www.centextalk.com/vb/activity.php

What I don't like about it is the fact that it either takes you to the beginning of a thread or a specific post of a thread, not the first unread post.

How about the mailman? Anyone other than those I sent a PM to see that yet? If not, you'll see it when you get a PM. ;)

Mestral
January 26th, 2013, 4:32 PM
I think GR hit the nail on the head.

All of us have our method of keeping up with what's new in our areas of interest.
I haven't seen mail man. Only get PM's once in a blue moon. As the software only allows us to keep 100 of them, total, I suspect most people use it sparingly. (I have seen a couple of them bounce off of a full mail box.)

FieryPrincess
January 27th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I voted "no" but to me it wasn't as simple as yes or no (same thing drives my husband nuts at home...)

Part of me doesn't like it because I am very ADD and I find it distracting.

Part of me didn't see anything wrong with the set up before.

I think that the board is pretty compartmentalized and there are lots of comments to things that people might not be interested in.

I hid it as well, so it is really more of a non-issue to me. If the ability to hide it continues and if there are people who like it, I wouldn't mess with it.

armyslowrdr
January 27th, 2013, 9:05 PM
No because that is what opens up when I select my bookmark or favorite. Bikemojo did this too. I guess I could try editing my bookmark and see if it opens up to the forums or if it still redirects to the silly activity stream. But I am lazy...I'll deal with it; I know how to find the food forum.

Rick
January 27th, 2013, 9:09 PM
It's not that they did it, it is part of the upgrade.

But with a tally of 13-0 against it. I will see if I can disable it.

siamcat
January 28th, 2013, 9:18 AM
No because that is what opens up when I select my bookmark or favorite. Bikemojo did this too. I guess I could try editing my bookmark and see if it opens up to the forums or if it still redirects to the silly activity stream. But I am lazy...I'll deal with it; I know how to find the food forum.
My browser shows me the most active sites when I open a new tab. Clicking on the ctt one takes me straight to the forum so I imagine if you bookmark the forum adress it'll do the same.

Rick
January 28th, 2013, 3:40 PM
I now have it set to default to the Forum.

You can see the Activity Stream if you click on the Activity (http://www.centextalk.com/vb/activity.php) tab on the menu bar.

Grumpy
January 28th, 2013, 4:01 PM
I don't care for it. I just click on forum and go where I want.

How do I get rid of the postman? As for as I can tell, I have read all of my personal messages.

Rick
January 28th, 2013, 4:55 PM
If you've read all the messages, he'll disappear.