PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame Star "Victim" of Hoax?

Rick
January 17th, 2013, 7:37 AM
Wow! This is bizarro world times ten.

Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax (http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax)

Grammar Rules
January 17th, 2013, 8:40 AM
Rick, we can agree on that. Apparently his dad even spoke about the loss since he 'would have been her father-in-law.' One of the guys discussing this on MSNBC this morning said it might be something called 'catfishing,' which is when someone is duped into a fake online relationship that he then buys into and believes in.

Or he might have perpetrated it himself. Weird.

xzochye
January 17th, 2013, 9:29 AM
I think this article explains it a bit better. Apparently, Manti met a girl online and developed what he calls a meaningful emotional relationship. He never met her in person but had long phone conversations with her. Later he thought she died but then a couple of months later she called him claiming to still be alive and wants to rekindle their relationship. That's when he spoke to his coaches about it, although it was several weeks later. The whole things is bizarre and you really can't tell what the truth is. I tend to believe him but it still makes you wonder.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/notre-dame-stands-manti-te-o-says-perfect-012348590--ncaaf.html

Rick
January 17th, 2013, 10:31 AM
From Rob Munoz' Facebook page.

Rob just started working at a station in Tampa after a gig in Vegas.

CenTexDave
January 17th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Kind of makes you wonder if this guy is "all there". No doubt he's a great football player, but I imagine some NFL teams are wondering about him.

Rick
January 17th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I am thinking that maybe he did this because there is some personal reason that he wanted to be kept secret.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt since he is young and young people don't always make the best decisions.

It's still bizarro world x10.

ethelm
January 17th, 2013, 6:56 PM
VERY bazzro~~~

onetime
January 17th, 2013, 7:35 PM
There can only be two things in play here, either he is a homosexual male that has not come out yet, which would be a brave thing and I would feel bad if he were outed in this manner, or he is a psycho. One or the other but he said they met and so many other things. I think he is talking about a dude personally and I think that dude turned him in the end.

Night Owl
January 17th, 2013, 7:44 PM
Don't be giving some on the forum ideas.

xzochye
January 17th, 2013, 7:54 PM
There can only be two things in play here, either he is a homosexual male that has not come out yet, which would be a brave thing and I would feel bad if he were outed in this manner, or he is a psycho. One or the other but he said they met and so many other things. I think he is talking about a dude personally and I think that dude turned him in the end.

Seriously? :rolleyes

cnjbond
January 17th, 2013, 7:55 PM
Crazy or Homosexual...if you're right, you're a dang good profiler!!

CenTexDave
January 17th, 2013, 8:16 PM
I read an article in which some of his teammates state he always wanted to be the center of attention. Could explain his behavior on this.
Personally, I think he's a loon. And he sure didn't show much against Alabama.

onetime
January 17th, 2013, 9:20 PM
Seriously? :rolleyes

Que Paso?

Grammar Rules
January 17th, 2013, 10:42 PM
http://deadspin.com/manti-te.o/
Did he really believe this? As details emerge, it looks like he was duped by a guy posing as this girl. Then after he (and Notre Dame) supposedly learned the truth, he continued to speak about "her" "death." Deadspin has one of their photos captioned "No Such Dame." :)) OK. Sorry. This is sad. Really.

finalbowser
January 17th, 2013, 11:08 PM
This is bizarre, and there's no way I'm believing this Teo fellow is a victim in any of this.

kantwin
January 18th, 2013, 5:40 AM
This is bizarre, and there's no way I'm believing this Teo fellow is a victim in any of this.

And it is starting to move into the "I don't care" category for me.
At first, I thought it was interesting and funny, but then it changed when I realized that this thing happens all occasionally to other people, and that he may have kept playing along with it.

CenTexDave
January 18th, 2013, 7:37 AM
It was publicity for him. His "girl friend" dies. The father says they will miss her. They never even met her!!!!
T'eo was in on this.
Obviously mentally unbalanced. :))

kantwin
January 18th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Heard one today that was pretty good. . . Biggest Hoax since Notre Dame was ranked #1!

Ludwig
January 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Even better... Biggest Hoax since Notre Dame was called a Catholic College!