PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech and Minnesota

CenTexDave
December 29th, 2012, 7:30 AM
Nice comeback.
Minnesota kind of surprised me. If their QB hadn't gotten hurt they probably would have won. The QB they brought in was not very effective, but that Marquise Gray was a horse.
Way too many penalties and personal fouls. Both sides should have had a few players tossed.

xzochye
December 29th, 2012, 4:00 PM
That game was a lot of fun! I am glad Tech pulled it off. I was worried for a few. If you remember from the Alamo Bowl thread I was trying to take my son to see Tech. All worked out for me. I had sold the Alamo Bowl tickets and purchased the Meineke Bowl tickets instead.

I was surprised at the number of Minnesota fans that were in attendance, they had a good show up. We spent the whole day in Houston before the game. Went to the San Jacinto Monument and to the Holocaust Museum and we saw Minn. at both places.

I enjoyed seeing old Spike Dykes at the game. I remember him being the coach while I was growing up in Lubbock.

"Uglier than buzzard puke. But win is a win." - Spike Dykes

sojourner truth
December 29th, 2012, 4:04 PM
Wierd game...The Cobb brothers from Ellison were both there, but I didn't see either in the game. David for Minnesota and Daniel for Tech.

Tech was lucky..