PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Ludwig
December 26th, 2012, 3:30 PM
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /vb/newreply.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. :( :(

Rick
December 26th, 2012, 3:38 PM
I have been having issues with the host again. Slow responses etc. I'll submit another request to fix this, I really need to change hosts but don't want to end up with something worse.

sojourner truth
December 26th, 2012, 7:10 PM
Yep, I didn't say anything because I thought it may just be my computer messing up with a different wifi net.

11 minute "quick reply" this morning...not so quick.

Grammar Rules
December 26th, 2012, 7:12 PM
Nah, it's been slow all day with some error messages. Seems better since this afternoon though.

TheOldProgrammer
December 27th, 2012, 6:08 AM
It was OK yesterday but this morning it blows...

Rick
December 27th, 2012, 7:42 AM
Ya, I sent a rough message to them last night and let them know that these continued problems were unacceptable. They replied that they reduced the spikes on the server AGAIN and that they understood my frustration...blah blah blah.

Then this morning, I awoke to several database error messages and sent another request. They replied that they fixed that issue and that they rebooted the server and installed a kernel upgrade and that caused an additional twenty minutes of downtime.

I think I have found a new host. They have what they call semi-dedicated hosted servers which means there will be fewer domains being hosted on the server. Hopefully, this will solve the problems of blacklisting and all the crap that goes along with that. I still have processes that they aren't able to whitelist, so to hell with them.

Grammar Rules
December 27th, 2012, 8:45 AM
I would need a translator to understand the above ::) but I have a question along the lines of Forum Appearance: We used to have the ability to post a little slogan or bit of wit (well, what passes for wit) next to our Avatar, just below where it shows "newbie" or "moderator" or whatever. Where did that go, and, more importantly, will it be back?

Not that I have a new smart alek thing to put on mine or anything....

Rick
December 27th, 2012, 9:03 AM
That was a modification that I had installed. I removed it since it does add to the load times and I wanted to get the upgrades all done. Those things can cause errors while I upgrade, so I will either disable them or remove them until the upgrade is complete.

You can add smart aleky stuff to your signature if you are really having withdrawal symptoms. :))

CenTexDave
December 27th, 2012, 11:57 AM
GR a smart alek? Nah, just a misguided lib. :))

Rick
December 27th, 2012, 1:38 PM
I talked to the new hosts. They should be able to transfer everything from the old host, to their servers. After this is complete and out looks like everything moved successfully, I will change the DNS name servers and then we wait for it to propagate.

Hopefully, we will only be down for a couple of hours while all of this takes place.

To keep from losing messages during this process, I plan to take the forum down and not allow posting.

I'm thinking Friday evening would be a good time to try this.

Rick
December 28th, 2012, 7:37 AM
I signed up for the new hosting this morning and I think I will be able to shut it down and get the transfer done late this afternoon. Then it will be a waiting game. I might run a redirect to a temporary domain name if it looks like propagation is going to take a while.

circle_c
December 28th, 2012, 8:03 AM
:goodluck