PDA

View Full Version : RGIII

bbh
December 13th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I really wish that I hadn't read this just before bedtime because my head just may explode!!!!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/335623/espn-analyst-calls-rgiii-cornball-brother-because-he-may-be-republican-andrew-johnson#

So this ESPN "Sports Analyst" thinks RGIII might have "an issue".....might not be "one of us" or "down with the cause"... because he hears that he has a white fiance and might be a Republican.

Griffin has said that he does not want to be "defined by his race." Rather, he wants to be considered for his talent and by his character, not by the color of his skin. That was evidently good enough for Martin Luther King but is not good enough for this stupid idiot?????

:banghead

(p.s. When you click onto the link, you might have to "pause" the dumb ad videos on the right. Hate those things!)

Grammar Rules
December 14th, 2012, 4:57 AM
RGIII will ignore this attack with class. The hater is just seeking attention for himself.

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2012, 6:03 AM
I read this too last night. That guy's a moron. He once accused RG3's teammate and backup QB, Kirk Cousins, of being in a fight at a nightclub. It was proven that he was at home with his parents.
ESPN ought to fire the clown.

olderthandirt
December 14th, 2012, 6:26 AM
Hater's gonna hate -- very proud to say that RGIII is from our community

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2012, 6:42 AM
I have personally known Robert since he was in junior high. He and my daughter are close friends. He's been in my home on Christmas. He's a great young man. This idiot "journalist" is so far out in left field that he's left the ball park.

bbh
December 14th, 2012, 6:52 AM
All I could think of was that this guy was spewing this junk and millions of young black men are hearing him say that they are limited........limited to a stereotype that defines them.

Ludwig
December 14th, 2012, 8:04 AM
RGIII is much more a Brother than that Cornball Brother they elected president. The left just can't stand a person of character and morals. It's best to not let them have the power to upset you.

cityboy
December 14th, 2012, 8:24 AM
I was floored by this. How does this guy get away with publicly saying something like this? Imagine a white commentator saying it. Pisses me off ...

corgifan
December 14th, 2012, 8:57 AM
Hoooo-WEEE! Talk about putting your foot in your mouth! According to what I've read Parker is about to get his. Clearly racist remarks. Even Steven A. Smith had to put Parker in his place. Griffin's father is taking the high road with his remarks in support of his son. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2012/12/13/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-rob-parker/1768501/

sojourner truth
December 14th, 2012, 9:48 AM
Grammars right...The only thing this guy is interested in is making a rep for himself.

corgifan
December 14th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Grammars right...The only thing this guy is interested in is making a rep for himself.

That rep will get him a regular gig on BET, but not much more. Maybe he's planning on writing books.

sojourner truth
December 14th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I've never heardof this guy. And I wonder if he was just as interested in the latest Cowboys DWI and death incident.

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Of course not.
I emailed ESPN and requested they run this moron out of their building and never let him back in. This has upset quite a few people - you ought to see Facebook, especially posts from people who know him or grew up with him.

cnjbond
December 14th, 2012, 3:22 PM
That dude is a F'ing idiot. I'm not sure why he's even allowed on ESPN. He provides some of the most useless sports commentating on the network.

bbh
December 14th, 2012, 5:51 PM
Evidently, ESPN has suspended him.

ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said: "Following yesterday's comments, Rob Parker has been suspended until further notice. We are conducting a full review."

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8747379/espn-suspends-rob-parker-robert-griffin-iii-comments

Thank you!!!!!

Grammar Rules
December 14th, 2012, 9:09 PM
I've never heardof this guy. And I wonder if he was just as interested in the latest Cowboys DWI and death incident.

Or the murder/suicide that left an orphaned child. I guess all those were acts of authentic brothers. What a twisted viewpoint this guy has.

xzochye
January 6th, 2013, 4:08 PM
Griffin sure is limping right now. Lets get a couple more touchdowns then let him rest for a few.

Grammar Rules
January 6th, 2013, 4:12 PM
He just left the field. Hope the backup guy can handle it.

xzochye
January 6th, 2013, 4:30 PM
He's back! Can't keep a good man down!

Grammar Rules
January 6th, 2013, 4:37 PM
Probably got a shot in the knee. I'll be glad when the season is over and he gets the chance to let it really recover. I just cringe every time he goes down.

xzochye
January 6th, 2013, 4:38 PM
Probably got a shot in the knee. I'll be glad when the season is over and he gets the chance to let it really recover. I just cringe every time he goes down.

Same here! I just hope the season is over after they win the Super Bowl!

mac
January 6th, 2013, 4:54 PM
i8 know hardly anything about football but danged i8f it don't sound klike a whole bunch of you all are redskin fans instead of cowboy fans......

Gramps
January 6th, 2013, 5:02 PM
i8 know hardly anything about football but danged i8f it don't sound klike a whole bunch of you all are redskin fans instead of cowboy fans......
RGIII fan. Hate the 'Skins, but pull for the man!

mac
January 6th, 2013, 5:09 PM
well, like i said, i don't know squat about foot ball but i'm s'prised something like that is even possible. ain't that kind of like being a little bit pregnant?

xzochye
January 6th, 2013, 5:40 PM

Let me pull out my pocket translator....okay got it.

N8T A COWB8Y F8N! :)

Just having fun;)
(with the spelling that is)

xzochye
January 6th, 2013, 5:42 PM

I have no love or hate for the Redskins but i sure do love RGIII! Sad that he isn't able to play his best in today's game. Hopefully we will see some more of his brilliance on the field in the 4th quarter.

finalbowser
January 6th, 2013, 5:47 PM
This Skins/Hawks game sure is fun to watch. I really hope RGIII can gut out this victory.

CenTexDave
January 6th, 2013, 6:16 PM
He's hurt bad. Twisted his knee. Kirk Cousins, the other rookie QB, will have to do it now, but I fear this game is over.

CenTexDave
January 6th, 2013, 6:18 PM
The Redskins' center makes another bad, low snap. That's how Griffin got hurt. Luckily the Skins recovered this one.

cnjbond
January 6th, 2013, 6:22 PM
I think this one is all but over now. I applaud RGIII for trying to gut it out for the team but he should've been pulled earlier when the Seahawks no longer needed to account for him scrambling.

finalbowser
January 6th, 2013, 6:23 PM
Ouch. Sad ending there. Skins haven't lost yet, but it feels like they have.

corgifan
January 6th, 2013, 6:24 PM
You must have gone into shock after his knee twisted absolutely horribly on his last play before leaving the game. I expect some major surgery after the swelling goes down. So sad.

finalbowser
January 6th, 2013, 6:33 PM
On the bright side, I like the Seahawks chances at beating the Falcons next week, which will lead to my Packers hosting an NFC title game this year :D

Grammar Rules
January 6th, 2013, 6:34 PM
I admire RGIII because he seems such a decent, grounded guy, intelligent, studious, and has a tremendous work ethic.

corgifan
January 6th, 2013, 6:52 PM
I admire RGIII because he seems such a decent, grounded guy, intelligent, studious, and has a tremendous work ethic.
I agree. I don't expect any dog fighting scandal to come to light on him!

Night Owl
January 6th, 2013, 8:00 PM
Glad the skins lost. Sad that RG III was hurt again, but those kind of QBs don't have a great history, health wise, in the NFL.

Grammar Rules
January 6th, 2013, 8:02 PM
Which one is your team, Owl?

Night Owl
January 6th, 2013, 8:07 PM
The Cowboys

Texas Immigrant
January 6th, 2013, 8:47 PM
I hope his knee heals and he has a great season next year, but I'm glad my Seahawks beat the Redskins!

sojourner truth
January 6th, 2013, 9:07 PM
Is that the same knee he had surgery on in his sophomore year at Baylor? The one that saw him sit out an entire season? Whoa. That is not good for the skins OR RGIII if so.

cnjbond
January 6th, 2013, 9:51 PM
No, it was the other knee.

CenTexDave
January 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Even that one run he took off on you could see he wasn't the normal RGIII. No acceleration, but he still outran a couple of defenders.:))

Rick
January 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Is that the same knee he had surgery on in his sophomore year at Baylor? The one that saw him sit out an entire season? Whoa. That is not good for the skins OR RGIII if so.
Several news reports say it's the same knee.

xzochye
January 7th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Several news reports say it's the same knee.

It is the same knee. In 2009 he had "an isolated tear" in his right ACL.

Ludwig
January 7th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Short career indeed.

cnjbond
January 7th, 2013, 1:01 PM
He needs to find the person that rehabed Adrian Peterson's knee!

CenTexDave
January 7th, 2013, 3:31 PM
It is the same knee - his right knee. I was at the Baylor game when he was hurt. Was helped off the field, went to the sideline, had it taped, then started pedaling a stationery bike, then running up and down the sideline. Next possession he was back in there and threw for 3TD's and over 200 yards in the first half. Then the knee swelled up and Art Briles kept him out of the second half.
Once a knee goes, it is susceptible to go again. He may have trouble for many years. Glad he signed a big bonus and guaranteed money clause, because I have a feeling he won't be playing in the NFL in a couple of years.

Night Owl
January 7th, 2013, 5:48 PM
The life in the NFL is short.

CenTexDave
January 7th, 2013, 7:45 PM
The average NFL life span of a running back a few years ago was 5 years. Doubt it's even that these days. Just too much pounding. And RGIII is playing RB too much. I know he's exciting and makes great plays, but he is taking a beating.
And Mr. Manziel is gonna find out the same thing.

RockinRita
January 8th, 2013, 2:44 PM
Rob Parker is gone!!!!! ESPN finally grew a set!

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8825796/rob-parker-contract-not-renewed-espn

Texas Immigrant
January 9th, 2013, 9:54 PM
I'm still praying that there is miraculous healing going on for him over the off season and he's able to come back full force next year. Just not against my Hawks.

cityboy
January 10th, 2013, 6:59 AM
He needs to buddy-up with Adrian Peterson during the off-season ...

Night Owl
March 27th, 2013, 9:35 PM
My wife works with the Godmother of RGIII and she gave me an autographed posted from him. He is in a Baylor uniform, thank the good Lord.

CenTexDave
March 29th, 2013, 4:53 PM
For $100 I'll give you his cell phone number!!! :)