PDA

View Full Version : Redskins/Giants MNF

corgifan
December 3rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
I'm enjoying watching Robert Griffin carve up the Giants. 2 minute warning!

Revised: Game over. What a nice game! Griffin is shaping up to be Michael Jordan and Payton Manning combined on the popularity scale. Once in a lifetime athlete/personality/spokesman.

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2012, 5:13 AM
Was a good game. Anytime the Giants lose is a good game to me. :)
And RGIII played good, not great, but well enough to overshadow Eli Manning and win the game.

kantwin
December 4th, 2012, 5:42 AM
Was a good game. Anytime the Giants lose is a good game to me. :)
And RGIII played good, not great, but well enough to overshadow Eli Manning and win the game.

Anytime any Manning loses is a good game.

cityboy
December 4th, 2012, 6:28 AM
I agree with last night's game announcers, though -- Griffin has got to learn to avoid some of those hits he takes. Some of them are unavoidable, but if he keeps taking five or six good shots every game, one of these times he's going to really get busted up ...

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2012, 7:18 AM
You know his opponents see a bullseye on his jersey.

sojourner truth
December 4th, 2012, 9:59 AM
Well, there is the line of thought that the only way you can beat Griffin is with a big stick.

cnjbond
December 4th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I felt sorry for the Giant's defensive line and line backers...those boys looked exhausted from chasing RGIII around! :)

Night Owl
December 9th, 2012, 5:02 PM
He got hurt today in the Baltimore game. Report was a strained knee. My prediction at the beginning of the season is coming true. RGIII is a good QB but he has to get on the ground before he gets the career ending hit. Hope he learned the lesson today.

Ludwig
December 9th, 2012, 5:16 PM
That's what I do not like about any professional sport organization. They use people until they get hurt and then dump them. RGIII should have stayed in school and finished his degree work before going pro. If he had, he would have something to fall back on. I bet the NFL will make an offer to Johnny Football that he will be hard pressed to refuse. If they do, I pray that he tells them to make the offer again in four years; that he's trying to make it in life not just make a fast buck.

xzochye
December 9th, 2012, 5:22 PM
That's what I do not like about any professional sport organization. They use people until they get hurt and then dump them. RGIII should have stayed in school and finished his degree work before going pro. If he had, he would have something to fall back on. I bet the NFL will make an offer to Johnny Football that he will be hard pressed to refuse. If they do, I pray that he tells them to make the offer again in four years; that he's trying to make it in life not just make a fast buck.

He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science.

sojourner truth
December 9th, 2012, 5:31 PM
Yep. And he did it in 3 years. Of course, with a poli sci degree, he may want to reconsider something he can use.

Ludwig
December 9th, 2012, 5:34 PM
He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science.

I'm glad to hear that. I did not know that BU was a diploma mill. I wish him all the best... public office may be just the ticket when his knees blow out... though a concussion would be a better qualifier for that job.

Night Owl
December 9th, 2012, 9:13 PM
And well on his way to a masters degree if I recall correctly.

CenTexDave
December 10th, 2012, 11:43 AM
All he lacks is his thesis. He would have had that completed if he hadn't won the Heisman and had to appear on every TV show between here and there. I'm sure he'll have his Masters this coming off season.
But then again, with about $500 godzillion guaranteed, why would he care??? He's even on ESPN commercials now. :)