PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Finalists Announced

CenTexDave
December 3rd, 2012, 6:01 PM
Johnny Manziel, Monti T'eo, Colin Klein

xzochye
December 3rd, 2012, 6:18 PM
Johnny Manziel, Monti T'eo, Colin Klein

I went to the following link and clicked on the voting results tab. T'eo and Manziel are pretty close but Klein is way WAY behind. I find that surprising. I thought it would be pretty close.

cnjbond
December 3rd, 2012, 6:28 PM
I went to the following link and clicked on the voting results tab. T'eo and Manziel are pretty close but Klein is way WAY behind. I find that surprising. I thought it would be pretty close.

Where's the link?

xzochye
December 3rd, 2012, 6:51 PM
Where's the link?

oops! Sorry!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1431410-heisman-trophy-2012-complete-list-of-finalists-announced

CenTexDave
December 3rd, 2012, 7:11 PM
That's just web browsing people's vote. It doesn't count.

xzochye
December 3rd, 2012, 7:28 PM
That's just web browsing people's vote. It doesn't count.

Yeah, I know. The huge difference surprised me though.

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2012, 5:16 AM
Sports Illustrated is predicting the Heisman will go to Johnny Manziel.

cnjbond
December 4th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Sports Illustrated is predicting the Heisman will go to Johnny Manziel.
I still have reservations that he'll win it. I won't believe it until they call his name.

ethelm
December 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I agree cnjbond. I think he deserves it but as a Freshman, just not sure they will give it to him.

Ludwig
December 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Rather than risking hurt feelings and loss of self-resoect, I think that all college football players ought to be given a Heisman. We want to be fair, no.

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2012, 1:05 PM
Yes, Mein Herr, that's the liberal way - feely goody stuff.
I am optimistic he will win in a landslide. Cam Newton did and he smashed all of Newton's records.
But this "freshman" thing is a worry. But he's not a true freshman, but a red-shirt. He was on the team last year but couldn't play.
If they award it to anybody else they will lose their credibility.
And there's plenty of other awards too - The Walter Camp Player of The Year, The Maxwell Award - not as prestigious as the Heisman but still highly recognized.
The Davey O'Brien Award - top college QB.
He should haul in a fair amount of hardware this weekend.

cnjbond
December 4th, 2012, 1:55 PM
Rather than risking hurt feelings and loss of self-resoect, I think that all college football players ought to be given a Heisman. We want to be fair, no.

Nah, that crap ends after Pop-warner! :)

siamcat
December 4th, 2012, 8:54 PM
No. 1 Alabama, the elusive White Whale no one seemed able to kill, was finally harpooned by the Aggie Ahab. Manziel threw for 253 and two touchdowns and ran for 92 yards, at times making the vaunted Tide defense look silly, as Texas A&M beat Bama in Tuscaloosa, 29-24. Suddenly, the very impressive numbers put up by Manziel had context. If he could do that against Alabama, he could do it against any team.

I love this quote.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21235286/the-final-heisman-watch-of-2012

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2012, 9:13 AM
Thursday night is ESPN Awards Night - Maxwell Award, Davey O'Brien, Walter Camp, etc.
I expect A&M's QB should win 1 or more of those. Last year they gave Andrew Luck a "consolation prize" because I think they knew RGIII was gonna win the Heisman.

xzochye
December 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Manzeil won the SEC Offensive Player of the Year. :)

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8706356&city=dallas&wjb

Iteachtoo
December 5th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I just do not want him to win and then decide that he no longer wants to play college ball and go pro. My Aggies stand a good chance of having really good seasons with him at the helm!!!!! If my Aggie dad has any pull with the selection in heaven, I know he will win by a landslide!!:-)

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2012, 2:19 PM
He has to finish his soph year before he can be drafted into the NFL.

olderthandirt
December 5th, 2012, 2:23 PM
I just do not want him to win and then decide that he no longer wants to play college ball and go pro. My Aggies stand a good chance of having really good seasons with him at the helm!!!!! If my Aggie dad has any pull with the selection in heaven, I know he will win by a landslide!!:-)

He's not big or experience enough to go pro anytime soon, and he knows it. A few more years and lots of great records, and watch out world!

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2012, 3:25 PM
Yeah, some NFL team will make him a wide receiver. :))

cnjbond
December 5th, 2012, 5:21 PM

He's not big or experience enough to go pro anytime soon, and he knows it. A few more years and lots of great records, and watch out world!

I agree with OTD. He still has a lot of growing, learning, maturing and most of all proving to do before he can consider the NFL. His height will be a strike against him, so he's got to be on the level of a Drew Brees to get any serious looks from the NFL. Plus this was only one year, he's got to prove that he can do this consitently and pray that the good Lord keeps those knees of his safe for the next 2-3 years!!