PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Stinking It Up As Usual

CenTexDave
December 2nd, 2012, 8:31 PM
Eagles lead 14-3. If they lose to Philadelphia at home they are dead in the playoff hunt.
Jerry Jones, short of firing himself, needs to replace Garrett and find himself some players. This is getting pathetic.

xzochye
December 2nd, 2012, 8:35 PM
Eagles lead 14-3. If they lose to Philadelphia at home they are dead in the playoff hunt.
Jerry Jones, short of firing himself, needs to replace Garrett and find himself some players. This is getting pathetic.

I knew that game most be horrible...My son just came and got his backpack and informed me that he was going to start studying! LOL

Night Owl
December 2nd, 2012, 8:54 PM
They need an offensive line. Romo is having a hard time throwing the ball from his back.

cnjbond
December 2nd, 2012, 8:56 PM
I knew that game most be horrible...My son just came and got his backpack and informed me that he was going to start studying! LOL
Now that would make a funny FB poster..."What's so bad that it makes a teenager pull out his books to study? Watching the Cowboys play!"

CenTexDave
December 2nd, 2012, 8:59 PM
They need an offensive line. Romo is having a hard time throwing the ball from his back.
Like I said - get some players. They haven't had a really good O-line for years.

cnjbond
December 2nd, 2012, 9:11 PM
I think Doug Free should give back half his salary after the season is over...that dude is GARBAGE!!!!

sojourner truth
December 2nd, 2012, 9:20 PM
Doug (Scott) Free should meet the same fate as Big Tex. He's cost the boys more yards that Romo has thrown for.

CenTexDave
December 2nd, 2012, 9:32 PM
Wow. Romo now has the Cowboys' record for TD passes. Surpassed Troy Aikman. Of course Troy has 3 SuperBowl rings! :)

CenTexDave
December 3rd, 2012, 4:41 AM
And The Boys pull it out. Romo has a great game.
But this defense gives up 33 points to a rookie QB starting his third game? Hmmmmm.

cnjbond
December 3rd, 2012, 8:11 AM
And The Boys pull it out. Romo has a great game.
But this defense gives up 33 points to a rookie QB starting his third game? Hmmmmm.
In their defense, they are playing with one hand tied behind their back with all of the injuries on the defensive side of the ball. Ryan's defensive scheme is pretty tough to learn and they were doing good at the beginning of the season until the injury bug bit them. So I'll give them a pass on that one but they still played like crap! :)

cnjbond
December 23rd, 2012, 8:19 PM
It looks like the injuries caught up to the Cowboys again today. This is a game that was in their grasp and they let it slip away. I can't for the life of me figure out why Garrett doesn't let Tony run the hurry up and spread offense more...you have Dez "Finally-getting-my-act-together" Bryant, Miles "Speedy-but-no-longer-reliable" Austin, Jason "Sure-hands" Whitten, Kevin "Where's-Waldo" Ogletree, Dwayne "Dangerous" Harris, Cole "Second-coming-of-Wes-Welker" Beasley, and DeMarco "How-did-we-win-any-games-without-you" Murray. I'm not seeing this Red-headed genius that Garrett was rumored to be. Don't get me wrong, I think he's doing an ok job as a head coach but his play calling is becoming more and more suspect during crucial moments.

xzochye
December 23rd, 2012, 8:58 PM
Geaux Saints!

CenTexDave
December 24th, 2012, 8:08 AM
The NFL has moved next Sunday's game between the Cowboys and Skins to Sunday night!!!

sojourner truth
December 24th, 2012, 8:11 AM
What "caught up" to the Cowboys yesterday was their unflinching ability to snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory...again.

I agree that Garrett has not shown me yet the faith he seems to have earned from critics and JJ. I'd give him another season to figure out what he did wrong, and then see how he adjusts the roster and tactics.

Romo is. well....Romo. What else need we say?

CenTexDave
December 24th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Actually Romo had a good game. Score 27 points and you should win most of the time.

sojourner truth
December 24th, 2012, 7:33 PM
Yes he did. That is because the good Romo showed up...for once this season. Too bad no one else showed up. Wonder why they lost?

CenTexDave
December 24th, 2012, 10:09 PM
The other team scored more points? :)

cnjbond
December 25th, 2012, 12:09 PM
This article sums up the Cowboy's season PERFECTLY!

washington columnist cowboys are fatally confused (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20121225-washington-columnist-cowboys-are-fatally-confused.ece)

BillK
December 25th, 2012, 3:29 PM
I was at the game. Pretty exciting actually. Great team. Sure would like them to win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CenTexDave
December 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM
On Facebook the Cowboys page posted "What will it take to win on Sunday?"
Some guy wrote "Kidnap and hide RGIII". :))

xzochye
December 26th, 2012, 11:23 PM
On Facebook the Cowboys page posted "What will it take to win on Sunday?"
Some guy wrote "Kidnap and hide RGIII". :))

That's hilarious!

corgifan
December 27th, 2012, 8:00 PM
I'm going out on a limb and predicting a Cowboys victory on Sunday night. Just a feeling. Then they'll lose in the first round and get a lower draft pick in the spring.

Night Owl
December 28th, 2012, 2:13 PM
Dead skins 31
Cowboys 24

CenTexDave
December 28th, 2012, 2:19 PM
Thank you.
Now repeat after me - "RGIII, RGIII, RGIII". :)

corgifan
December 30th, 2012, 9:55 PM
Happily wrong with my prediction. 8 and a half to go and the Skins are up by 11. Romo being Romo. Bryant hurt. Griffin looking good enough. Morris running like a man possessed for Washington. IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK - A LOT - LIKE - RED SKINS!!!!

corgifan
December 30th, 2012, 9:58 PM
Hold the presses. Good runback and 15 yard penalty have the Boys in position. They sure need a touchdown to get back in the game.

Got it!

2 point conversion?

GOOD!!

cnjbond
December 30th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I just don't get these guys, there's so much riding on this game and they come out flat...and then let the Skins get a long KO return!!!

corgifan
December 30th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Cowboys ball, down by 3. This is getting interestinger and interestinger.

corgifan
December 30th, 2012, 10:09 PM
I actually feel sorry for him after seeing his face on the bench after that pick.

finalbowser
December 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I couldn't be happier for Griffin. Romo is such a failure.

xzochye
December 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Man you almost, ALMOST had to feel bad for Romo after that last pass! He looked like he was close to tears when they showed that close up of him.

cnjbond
December 30th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I just hope Jerry finally opens his eyes and realizes that Romo is not going to lead them to anything but more heartbreak...it's time to find a new QB in Big D!

corgifan
December 30th, 2012, 10:17 PM
This is a brutal loss for Dallas.

xzochye
December 30th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I just hope Jerry finally opens his eyes and realizes that Romo is not going to lead them to anything but more heartbreak...it's time to find a new QB in Big D!

My son wants them to get Seth Doege from TTU...lol

Night Owl
December 30th, 2012, 10:20 PM
As long as they get an O line. If not it doesn't matter who the quarterback is.

corgifan
December 30th, 2012, 10:22 PM
GAME - SET - MATCH

cnjbond
December 30th, 2012, 10:27 PM
As long as they get an O line. If not it doesn't matter who the quarterback is.
Garrett was out coached (again), Romo was outplayed by a rookie QB and the patchwork defense just couldn't get enough stops (heck Morris had 200 yards rushing so it doesn't look like they got ANY stops). I just can't for the life of me figure out why Dallas didn't try to move the pocket more to give Romo more time to pass and take advantage of the Skins porous secondary....I guess that's why I watch Football from the couch and they are on the sidelines, LOL.

There's always next year...

Night Owl
December 30th, 2012, 10:31 PM
A couple of screens would have slowed down the blitz.

What CNN said.

The problem is not the QB.

finalbowser
December 30th, 2012, 10:33 PM
If I were looking for a new quarterback, I would draft "Nate" - the kid who stars opposite of Cam Newton in that NFL Play60 commercial. I like his ambition. He's going to be Cam's mom's favorite player.

cnjbond
December 30th, 2012, 10:36 PM
A couple of screens would have slowed down the blitz.

What CNN said.

The problem is not the QB.
Not the way Romo was throwing the short pass...did you see that game ending INT?!!! Romo looked like the rookie tonight but I agree, Romo wasn't the single reason they lost but his mistakes were costly and this team isn't built to overcome mistakes.

kisdparent
December 30th, 2012, 11:42 PM
I agree, without an o line, doesnt matter what qb you have. No running game and no passing without blocking. Both the defense and offense where desimated by injuries. There were starters that were not even on a team at the start of the year. But I guess thats Romo's fault to.

gvls78
December 30th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Not the way Romo was throwing the short pass...did you see that game ending INT?!!! Romo looked like the rookie tonight but I agree, Romo wasn't the single reason they lost but his mistakes were costly and this team isn't built to overcome mistakes.
I hate when sports knowledge lacking fans blame Romo. He is he ONLY reason the Cowboys were even in the hunt for the playoffs. Let's see, was it his fault the defense was garbage most of the year? He didn't play great tonight but it happens. Oh and gag me on all he folks on rg3's jock. If you're from Cove it's cool but don't expect me (a Killeen high grad) to wish him luck. I'm a Cowbys fan. He plays for the skins. I hope as long as he is with them to have zero success. I had some olds come into my bar tonight with half Cowboy half redskin rg3 jerseys. That made me sick. If you're a Cowboy fan you can't be a skin fan. Thats just basic sports fact.

cnjbond
December 31st, 2012, 12:07 AM
Well ya'll keep believing that Romo will lead the Cowboys to the Superbowl...it ain't gonna happen. Like I said before, I don't lay all the blame on him but the team looks to him to pull out the big play when they need it and he CONSISTENTLY chokes in the do or die games. Dallas hasn't always had a terrible line with Romo at the helm (which by the way was playing a lot better than they had been, you can't block everyone when they keep sending the kitchen sink on nearly every down, that's where you hope your FRANCHISE QB can make the defense pay, which didn't happen). Romo's a good QB but I think he'll end up going the way of Danny White...nice stats but not the stat that counts, playoff wins.

CenTexDave
December 31st, 2012, 5:37 AM
Romo is inconsistent and always has been. I knew he would have a bad game tonight because he had a good one last week.
This team has big problems and Jones needs to address them. They have a good receiving corps and running game, but lousy O-line and defense is getting O-L-D.
There's a new team on top led by a kid from Cove!!

CenTexDave
December 31st, 2012, 6:07 AM
Redskins had injuries too this year - 2 starting DE and 2 starting CB went down before the first game and didn't play all year.
That's why you try to have good backups.
Tired of hearing excuses. Jones needs to rebuild and clean house.

corgifan
December 31st, 2012, 1:25 PM
Not the way Romo was throwing the short pass...did you see that game ending INT?!!! Romo looked like the rookie tonight but I agree, Romo wasn't the single reason they lost but his mistakes were costly and this team isn't built to overcome mistakes.I agree. Someone else says that Romo isn't the problem. BS. On that last INT the defender had left his feet in an attempt to block the pass. He wasn't even close to sacking Romo, and what does the seasoned vet do? He looks left and floats a pass about as well as I could make without confirming that the pass is makeable. I agree that he looks like a backup rookie every time an important game is on the line. Griffin, even at 75%, far outclasses him.

cnjbond
December 31st, 2012, 4:05 PM
Here's a thought, Norv Turner is available and would make one heckuva of an Offensive Coordinator freeing up Garrett to focus on being a head coach instead of trying to do both.

kantwin
December 31st, 2012, 4:24 PM
New Designer Cologne to take care of that "stinking it up"...

sojourner truth
December 31st, 2012, 4:28 PM
Romo isn't the problem, just part of it. The team has a lot of potential talent, but rely on Dez a bit too much. Developing some more decent receivers, and improvin the defensive line would help a bunch.

Romo is good..he just isn't great. Cowboy fans demand great, and excuse mediocre when they really want great. Their loyalty is fantastic, and the players know it. I'm sure they (the team) are just as sad today as the fans are for not producing.

I think we all agree that some changes need to be made. Jerry has a tendency to make the wrong changes. His support of his coach and players goes only so far, as he realizes that the fans won't take much more of a losing, or mediocre team. Personally, I miss Jimmy Johnson, but that's just me.

As far as "split loaylties" between the skins and boys, it's almost understandable. As much as we love the Boys, it's hard not to want to see RGIII succeed because he's a home grown superstar. We all want him to do great, and probably secretly wish he was a Cowboy.

cnjbond
December 31st, 2012, 4:37 PM
Secretly?!!!

CenTexDave
December 31st, 2012, 4:40 PM
Norv Turner was offensive coordinator with Jimmy Johnson for two of those Super Bowl wins. He just isn't much of a head coach.
Seven teams fired their coaches today. Guys like Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher are gonna be in demand.

cnjbond
December 31st, 2012, 6:02 PM
Norv Turner was offensive coordinator with Jimmy Johnson for two of those Super Bowl wins. He just isn't much of a head coach.
Seven teams fired their coaches today. Guys like Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher are gonna be in demand.
That's my point, the dude hasn't been successful as a head coach (well he's had success, just not in the Championship game or reaching the Superbowl) but he was/is one heckuva coordinator. There's quite a few teams out there with "retread" coordinators that were once head coaches. Jerry's got some tough decisions to make this off season starting from the owner (when pigs fly) down to the strength and conditioning coaches...no ones job should be safe, except maybe Ryan who worked some freaking magic with what was left of his defense.

We'll get 'em next year Boys....

gnatsum
December 31st, 2012, 7:30 PM
Was listening to the "Loose Cannons" sports show on the radio today. Someone called in and suggested that Jerry Jones should trade WHATEVER HE CAN, to get TIM TEBOW into the Cowboys roster to replace Romo...
Whoever was on the mike today for the LCs (wasn't Pat O'Brien or one-time Austin TV sports guy Vic 'The Brick' Jacobs) flatout stated that THAT would never happen (Tebow wouldn't last that long under Jones' umbrella, or want to be there in the first place...).

cnjbond
December 31st, 2012, 8:18 PM
I don't think there's anyone worse in the league at the QB position than Tebow...but he at least has a better win percentage in the playoffs than Romo. ;)
I wouldn't mind if they brought in Vince Young and signed him to a bare minimum, one strike your out type contract. Hopefully the time away from the game has been an eye-opener to him that nothing is owed to him in this world and that he'll have to work hard if he wants to play. The kids got a bunch of talent but that joker has some loose marbles rattling around in that head of his....

CenTexDave
December 31st, 2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know what position in the draft the Cowboys will have, but they seriously need to look for a QB. This class will not be as good as last year's QB draft, but there are some good college QB's available. Draft one. Put him behind Romo for a year if you must, but get a QB. And Tebow is not the answer.

gnatsum
January 1st, 2013, 12:05 AM
Food for thought:
The Cowboys have been around since 1960. Fifty-two seasons.
ONE head coach for the first TWENTY-EIGHT seasons (Landry).
SEVEN head coaches since 1988! Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, Bill Parcells, Wade Phillips, and now Jason Garrett.
IF the stats on the linked page are correct AND up to date, then Garrett has the SECOND WORST win percentage of any Cowboy head coach (Dave Campo sits at .313. Garrett sits at .525...but hell, Parcells was at .531 when his time at Valley Ranch ended!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dallas_Cowboys_head_coaches

corgifan
January 1st, 2013, 12:32 AM
As long as Jerry is holding the keys to the car the Cowboys are doomed to being on the cusp of success but never getting past the 1st round (if they get there in the first place.) He'll constantly try tweaking the team with a big trade for a big time free agent with questionable past and work ethic instead of building the team through the draft.

Garrett sucks as a head coach. If he was let go he wouldn't even get interviewed for a head coach job anywhere else. I think he's more suited for arena football.

Romo is going to keep making the same mistakes year after year, breaking more and more hearts one boneheaded interception at a time.

CenTexDave
January 1st, 2013, 6:38 AM
One thing you can say about Romo - he is consistent. Consistently screws up in big games.

cnjbond
January 1st, 2013, 10:47 AM
One thing you can say about Romo - he is consistent. Consistently screws up in big games.

That pic was just wrong, but funny.

Grammar Rules
January 4th, 2013, 4:09 PM
Here is the Real Texas Gun Owner's way of dealing with the disappointment:

http://deadspin.com/5972544/angry-cowboys-fan-fills-washing-machine-with-explosives-fires-rifle-at-it-just-to-blow-up-tony-romo-jersey
Two different videos here--one of the guy blowing up a washer with a Romo Jersey attached to the front, and another guy sets a jersey (and a crape myrtle) on fire...
:))