PDA

View Full Version : Worthless Bowl Game Lineups

CenTexDave
December 2nd, 2012, 8:17 PM
This has to be the worst bunch of bowl games I've ever seen picked. Check out some of these farce games:

Sugar Bowl - Louisville vs Florida. Get serious. The Big East should be nothing but a mid-major conference along the lines of the MAC, Conf USA, MWC and the WAC. Florida will blow them out of New Orleans.

Orange Bowl - Northern Illinois vs Florida State. ROTFLMAO. MAC Champion plays BCS buster against the ACC champ.
The ACC is about as worthless as the Big East. Still, NIU is in way over their head.

Meanwhile you have Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU and A&M not in a major bowl because of this big crock of sh*t they call BCS.

If I didn't love college football so much I'd turn the TV off.

xzochye
December 2nd, 2012, 8:19 PM
This has to be the worst bunch of bowl games I've ever seen picked. Check out some of these farce games:

Sugar Bowl - Louisville vs Florida. Get serious. The Big East should be nothing but a mid-major conference along the lines of the MAC, Conf USA, MWC and the WAC. Florida will blow them out of New Orleans.

Orange Bowl - Northern Illinois vs Florida State. ROTFLMAO. MAC Champion plays BCS buster against the ACC champ.
The ACC is about as worthless as the Big East. Still, NIU is in way over their head.

Meanwhile you have Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU and A&M not in a major bowl because of this big crock of sh*t they call BCS.

I thought the Cotton Bowl was a big deal? That, the Rose Bowl and the Alamo Bowl were the ones I have always heard about.

CenTexDave
December 2nd, 2012, 8:28 PM
The Cotton Bowl used to be one of the major New Year's Day bowl games, along with the Orange, Rose and Sugar. All were played on New Year's Day.
Then along comes the Citrus Bowl, the Outback Bowl, and these other rinky dink ones.
Now even the Gator Bowl is played on New Year's Day.
I think the Cotton Bowl did a good thing moving from New Year's Day to Jan 4.

kantwin
December 2nd, 2012, 8:57 PM

Funny that in another post you say you are sick of the SEC, yet 3 of the 4 you just mentioned are SEC teams.

CenTexDave
December 2nd, 2012, 9:33 PM
I may be sick of hearing about them, but I know talent and good teams when I see them.

Grammar Rules
December 2nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
Baylor will play UCLA in the Holiday Bowl on the 27th.

xzochye
December 2nd, 2012, 10:54 PM
Baylor will play UCLA in the Holiday Bowl on the 27th.

My son said Baylor will be killed in that game. Hopefully he is wrong!

cnjbond
December 2nd, 2012, 11:03 PM
My son said Baylor will be killed in that game. Hopefully he is wrong!
Baylor should be pretty competitive in this one. If they beat K State, I think they have a good chance to beat UCLA.

CenTexDave
December 3rd, 2012, 4:39 AM
Baylor, believe it or not, has the leading offense in the country and their QB, Nick Flowers, leads in total offense.

cnjbond
December 3rd, 2012, 8:06 AM
Baylor should be pretty competitive in this one. If they beat K State, I think they have a good chance to beat UCLA.

I re-read my post and it sounded a little confusing. I meant to say they beat K State so they should have a good chance to beat UCLA.

CenTexDave
December 3rd, 2012, 8:47 PM
This explains my point far better than I did: http://news.yahoo.com/column-ready-bowls-arent-010315776--spt.html

corgifan
December 3rd, 2012, 10:24 PM
The Cotton Bowl used to be one of the major New Year's Day bowl games, along with the Orange, Rose and Sugar. All were played on New Year's Day.
If Jerry's Cowboy's Cathedral had been in existence when they decided on which bowls would be the big ones I have no doubt that the BCS championship would be held in Dallas once every four or five years. They passed on the Cotton because the old venue is an outdated antique clunker of a stadium.

Ludwig
December 4th, 2012, 7:45 AM
The Cotton Bowl stadium is in Dallas, however Cowboy Stadium is not. Arlington is not a suburb of Dallas.