PDA

View Full Version : How To Handle Belcher Murder/Suicide?

corgifan
December 2nd, 2012, 12:21 AM
I've heard several comments following today's events in Kansas City. Obviously Belcher was troubled, and if he had simply blown his own brains out without hurting anyone else I could see his teamates rallying around his memory, wearing black arm bands, wearing his number on their sleeves, etc. But in this case he preceeded his own suicide by pumping several slugs into the mother of his 3 month old child, murdering her in front of her mother.

Night Owl
December 2nd, 2012, 1:15 AM
So what do you think they should do?

Grammar Rules
December 2nd, 2012, 5:11 AM
The horrific series of events that culminated with Jovan Belcher shooting himself at the Kansas City Chiefs' facility in view of the team's general manager and coach on Saturday began when the 25-year-old linebacker fatally shot Kasandra M. Perkins at a nearby residence. The 22-year-old Perkins was Belcher's girlfriend and the couple had a child in September. KCTV in Kansas City reports that Perkins is the cousin of the wife of Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles. Per HuffPo.

It will be a blow to this team, the community, fans, and all the family, especially the baby and Ms Perkins' mother. What a senseless and tragic act of violence.

CenTexDave
December 2nd, 2012, 7:41 AM
Especially troubling how he killed her, drove the stadium, then talked to his coach and general manager, thanked them for all they had done for him, then shot himself.
KC is having a bad enough year and now this. Maybe it will be a rallying point for them. They were supposed to win their division this year but nothing has worked right.

kantwin
December 2nd, 2012, 9:06 PM
Did Bob Costas just blame the gun? What bull####.

cnjbond
December 2nd, 2012, 9:09 PM
Did Bob Costas just blame the gun? What bull####.
It wasn't actually his words, he was quoting another sports reporter but I thought the same thing when he said it. I guess we need to take cars away too because of all the drunks that get in them and kill people...

kantwin
December 2nd, 2012, 9:10 PM
It wasn't actually his words, he was quoting another sports reporter but I thought the same thing when he said it. I guess we need to take cars away too because of all the drunks that get in them and kill people...

I know he was quoting someone else, but he still regurgitated it.

Rick
December 3rd, 2012, 6:55 AM
And he agrees with it.

Well, a bit of it comes from a Kansas City-based writer — Jason Whitlock — with whom I don’t always agree, but who today said it so well that we may as well just quote or paraphrase from the end of his article.”

Costas quoted Whitlock’s suggestion that a gun ban would have prevented the tragedy.

“‘Our current gun culture,’ Whitlock wrote, ‘ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy. And more convenience store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead. Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it. In the coming days, Jovan Belcher’s actions and their possible connection to football will be analyzed. Who knows? But here,’ wrote Jason Whitlock, ‘is what I believe — if Jovan Belcher didn’t possess a gun, he and Cassandra Perkins would both be alive today.’”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/02/nbc-uses-nfl-murder-suicide-tragedy-to-make-plea-for-gun-ban-video/#ixzz2Dzcjibha

Ludwig
December 3rd, 2012, 1:46 PM
An attack on Friday in Wyoming left three people dead. The attacker used a bow and arrow and a knife and, despite the “gun-free campus” policy, was still able to kill.

We just need to accept that this world is filled with dangerous people and that guns, when placed in the proper hands of responsible citizens, can greatly aid in the decline of senseless mayhem?

The characters and a few details always change, but the story remains the same. A student goes crazy and kills people. People wonder why, though there is never an answer more explanative than, “Some people are just crazy.”

Source: http://MinuteMenNews.com/2012/12/gun-control-in-action-3-killed-by-a-knife-wielding-attacker-on-a-gun-free-campus/#ixzz2E1HKYFw7

mac
December 3rd, 2012, 4:33 PM
Ludwig: you say "despite the gun free campus"......i think i would say "because of the gun free campus"......mac

An attack on Friday in Wyoming left three people dead. The attacker used a bow and arrow and a knife and, despite the “gun-free campus” policy, was still able to kill.

We just need to accept that this world is filled with dangerous people and that guns, when placed in the proper hands of responsible citizens, can greatly aid in the decline of senseless mayhem?

The characters and a few details always change, but the story remains the same. A student goes crazy and kills people. People wonder why, though there is never an answer more explanative than, “Some people are just crazy.”

Source: http://MinuteMenNews.com/2012/12/gun-control-in-action-3-killed-by-a-knife-wielding-attacker-on-a-gun-free-campus/#ixzz2E1HKYFw7

Ludwig
December 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM
This report from Fox News certainly changes some views:

There are new details in the Jovan Belcher murder-suicide. The NY Post reported today that Belcher spent an alcohol-fueled evening with another woman before returning home and murdering his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins.

Brittni Glass claims that she had dinner with Belcher on Friday night. When their evening ended, Belcher spent several hours sleeping in his car outside her home before he was awoken by police. He then went inside Glass’ building for a few hours before heading home at 6 am. According to police, that’s when he got into a fatal fight with Perkins, shooting her nine times. He then made his way to Arrowhead Stadium where he killed himself.

xzochye
December 4th, 2012, 1:47 PM
This report from Fox News certainly changes some views:

There are new details in the Jovan Belcher murder-suicide. The NY Post reported today that Belcher spent an alcohol-fueled evening with another woman before returning home and murdering his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins.

Brittni Glass claims that she had dinner with Belcher on Friday night. When their evening ended, Belcher spent several hours sleeping in his car outside her home before he was awoken by police. He then went inside Glass’ building for a few hours before heading home at 6 am. According to police, that’s when he got into a fatal fight with Perkins, shooting her nine times. He then made his way to Arrowhead Stadium where he killed himself.

It is a sad situation.

I'm not sure I would believe the article by the NY Post. It sounds like some high school kid that is trying to be cool wrote it.

I have read several different stories and each one is different. There is the one you posted, then I read one that said he went to the other lady's apt. she wasn't there and neighbors let him crash there where they woke him up at 6 as he requested and he left, then I saw yet another article that said police saw him sleeping in his car at 7am and determined he could drive himself home.