PDA

View Full Version : Ellison High Head Coach McBryde resigns

beaver
November 16th, 2012, 1:54 PM
It is being reported by the KDH that Ellison's Buddy McBryde has resigned effective at the end of his current contract.

Half-Full
November 16th, 2012, 2:21 PM
True story. Campus coaches received an e-mail today.

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2012, 3:44 PM
Nothing against the man except he couldn't get the team to win.
If Ellison has any sense they will hire from outside the district (I know it is KISD who will hire the coach), look down in the 3-A and 2-A ranks for a constant winner. The talent is there.

Scarlett
November 16th, 2012, 4:02 PM
Quite true...I can't get my boys to shut up about it! 8-;

pablo.lives
November 16th, 2012, 5:48 PM
Not a bad guy, but not a good coach. This change is just a couple of years overdue.

sojourner truth
November 16th, 2012, 6:13 PM
Makes me wonder if he will take his assistants with him. I believe that is usually the case. If not, the new coach is going to have a major task in rebuilding in front of him

By the way, what in the heck are they building on the south side of the school? Does anybody know?

Or are they just getting rid of the much beloved portables?

xzochye
November 16th, 2012, 6:14 PM
Every one should have seen this coming. Ellison hasn't won a game in 2 years.

xzochye
November 16th, 2012, 6:14 PM
Makes me wonder if he will take his assistants with him. I believe that is usually the case. If not, the new coach is going to have a major task in rebuilding in front of him

By the way, what in the heck are they building on the south side of the school? Does anybody know?

Or are they just getting rid of the much beloved portables?

Science labs.

Scarlett
November 16th, 2012, 9:11 PM
Portables aren't going anywhere. We love our village. That is a new science wing.

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2012, 9:17 PM
Village??? :))

Grammar Rules
November 16th, 2012, 9:19 PM
It takes one...;)

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2012, 9:28 PM
That's true.

sojourner truth
November 16th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Teachers in portables come in 2 categories...Those who love them and those who don't.

It is a common joke that when they build a new school, they install the portables the next day after opening.

Can't blame Scarlett for liking where she's at. It is a degree of seperation from the madhouse that is the main building. Think of it as the teachers own private realm, where people who REALLY need to see them have to make the perilous trek out in the heat or rain for the privelege of their company.

Plus, it's quieter. Especially when the AC is broiken.

Scarlett
November 17th, 2012, 7:30 AM
Can't blame Scarlett for liking where she's at. It is a degree of seperation from the madhouse that is the main building. Think of it as the teachers own private realm, where people who REALLY need to see them have to make the perilous trek out in the heat or rain for the privelege of their company.

Bingo!
I am very rarely bothered, I don't deal with hallway noise, I am left alone to just do my job. And I have windows!

Imagine
November 17th, 2012, 10:18 PM
My three years in a portable were a love/hate relationship. The worse thing was the winter when my feet would stay cold all the way up to my knees...that and the baseballs that kept thunking on the roof when there was a good strong wind from the north. I do miss the windows though. Those blue and red lights from the alien space ship could beam everyone up, and I wouldn't know the difference.

onetime
November 17th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Coaching is a results based profession, if one chooses to get involved, your judged largely on the performance of your team as a head coach and your players as a position coach. Depending on where you coach, the outside noise of distracters can be so loud that coaches get fired for losing one game let alone 20 in a row. He will bounce back somewhere, possibly within the district and someone else will come in and take control of the team. I think the bigger issue will is whether or not the powers that be at KISD will hire within or go outside.

ithoughtso
November 18th, 2012, 2:04 PM
I wasnt any fan of him or boyd. In my opinion they were both arrogant asses.