Midway beats Belton - Belton out
Killeen beats Temple - Temple out
Cove beats Heights or Heights beats Cove

Final Standings would be

Midway - 1st seed in Small School Division possibly facing Cedar Hill
Cove - 2nd seed in Small School Division possibly facing Midlothian
Killeen - 1st seed in Big School Division possibly facing Mansfield
Heights - 2nd seed in Big School Division possibly facing Desoto

Midway is the smallest school in the district based on population and Cove is the third smallest so I don't see them moving out of the Small School bracket.

Heights is the third largest and Killeen is the 5th largest in the district so they will probably stay in the Big School bracket since the only schools larger than them are Belton, Ellison, and Shoemaker and they probably won't be in the playoff talks.

This is the scenario I see playing out. Any other would really makes things a mess:

For Belton to get into the playoffs...They would have to beat Midway in Midway and Heights would have to beat Cove in Cove. Cove would then be eliminated since they would be tied with Belton and Belton has the tiebreaker with their win over Cove.

For Temple to get into the playoffs...There are two possibilities. They have to beat Killeen and Heights would have to beat Cove. This would eliminate Killeen. The three teams would have the same records but since Cove has beaten both Killeen and Temple they would be in and Temple would be in for the head to head win over Killeen. The second way would be that Temple would have to beat Killeen by at least 17 points if Cove beats Heights. That would make a three-way tie for two spots. Heights, Temple, and Killeen would have split with each other since Killeen beat Heights, Heights beat Temple, and Temple beat Killeen. The next tie breaker would be on point differential against the teams with the maximum amount set at 17. Killeen beat Heights 28-7 so that would put Killeen at +17, Heights at -17. Heights beat Temple 42-7 so that would put Heights at even and Temple at -17. If Temple beats Killeen by more than 17 points then each team in team would be tied at even. There would be a coin flip for the final two spots.

CenTexDave
November 6th, 2012, 3:25 PM
I checked on a prominent high school football website and looked at their projected brackets.
They think Cove will play Cedar Hill first round. Don't know much about them, but a few years ago they did win a state championship. If they can get by CH, it is very possible they could meet the winner of Abilene/Midway in the regional finals. Abilene is ranked #5, Midway #11. Cove scrimmages Abilene every year, and this year won the controlled portion.
Could be interesting.

RooDawg
November 7th, 2012, 1:30 PM
Midlothian and Cedar Hill will represent 7-5A in the small school bracket. They both have a 4-2 record in district and play each other this week. I think Midlothian will beat Cedar Hill and thus have the top seed and face Cove.

That's my opinion anyway.

CenTexDave
November 7th, 2012, 1:53 PM
Flip a coin.
Heights might beat Cove too. They have a real good defense.

RooDawg
November 8th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Killeen loses to Temple tonight 63-56...Now, I am in the inevitable position of having to pull for Cove to win...

Let's go Cove...beat Heights...

If Heights beats Cove then Temple is in the playoffs and my Roos are out.

If Cove beats Heights then my Roos are in and Temple is out.

CenTexDave
November 9th, 2012, 5:26 AM
Rest easy. Cove won't mess this one up.

corgifan
November 9th, 2012, 6:30 PM
Killeen loses to Temple tonight 63-56...Now, I am in the inevitable position of having to pull for Cove to win...

Let's go Cove...beat Heights...

If Heights beats Cove then Temple is in the playoffs and my Roos are out.

If Cove beats Heights then my Roos are in and Temple is out.

And either way Heights is in. Go... WHOEVER!!!
(Actually hoping that the Roos get in. G.G. will be back in the lineup next week. Great kid!)