Rick
October 13th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Suck!

Five minutes left in the first half and the fans are leaving...lol

Ludwig
October 13th, 2012, 2:30 PM
Suck!

Five minutes left in the first half and the fans are leaving...lol

I don't think that "fan" is the correct term for people who are leaving before the first half even finishes.

gvls78
October 13th, 2012, 2:37 PM
I'm loving every second of this game!!!! Hope the Texas player that got carted off is ok though.

CenTexDave
October 13th, 2012, 5:58 PM
No, Ludwig, correct term is more like "fed up".

cnjbond
October 13th, 2012, 6:22 PM
Good for them...I wonder how that UT Network is working out?!!! :)

CenTexDave
October 13th, 2012, 7:13 PM
To add insult to injury, Texas Tech blew out West Virginia today!!! :))

Grammar Rules
October 20th, 2012, 8:21 PM
Texas and Baylor are trading touchdowns in the first two quarters tonight. I have a Memorial Stadium question. Every time a player slides on the turf surface, dark dust flies up. Yet I don't see stains on the uniforms. Anyone know what that stuff is?

Night Owl
October 20th, 2012, 8:28 PM
scredded rubber.

Grammar Rules
October 20th, 2012, 8:33 PM
scredded rubber.

If it is (ahem) shredded rubber, why is it dusty or granular looking? Doesn't it go up their noses? I must have a lot to learn about artificial turf. :(

corgifan
October 20th, 2012, 8:58 PM
From a distance the shredded rubber does look dusty, but you described it perfectly. They are granules that have just enough mass to keep them in place without being too large to notice at the base of the artificial turf. The ground crew has special comb pulls that they hook on to a maintenance vehicle that they drag across the field to even the things out for the next game. Think of it as a rubber granule Zamboni.

Night Owl
October 20th, 2012, 9:00 PM
It reduces injuries because it softens the impact when a player hits the turf.

Grammar Rules
October 21st, 2012, 6:58 AM
Well that makes sense. My husband didn't know either, but he figured whatever it was, Memorial Stadium would have the best surface available.

Rick
October 21st, 2012, 7:58 AM
I think you are confusing them with the Jack Welch Stadium. :))