PDA

View Full Version : This weeks games 10/11 and 10/12

xzochye
October 11th, 2012, 9:24 PM
WOW!! Ellison and Heights tied at 22pts in double overtime! Wish I could have seen this game!!

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2012, 9:36 PM
Sounds like a barn burner. Who won??

xzochye
October 11th, 2012, 9:44 PM
Heights. 25-22

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2012, 10:15 PM
So Ellison's woes continue. At least they made a game of it.

DiamondKing
October 11th, 2012, 10:17 PM
2 bad football teams playing both Heights and Ellison.

RooDawg
October 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
2 bad football teams playing both Heights and Ellison.

Agreed.

And I believe Ellison is a better team than Heights...I had picked Ellison to win last night...I didn't think Heights could keep Ellison from scoring and I thought that Ellison's defense would keep Heights from scoring...

Ellison didn't do in the first half what they did in the second (keep the ball on the ground and pound the heights defense) and Ellison fumbled at the 4 yard line right before the first half...Ellison had their chances.

sojourner truth
October 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I was at the game, and let me tell you, Ellison was a different team this week. The only reason it went into overtime was because Ellison doesn't have a PAT or field goal kicker. They even went for 2 on PAT twice (in the air) and got it because they knew their kicker couldn't do the job. If he could have, the game would have ended as a 23/22 Ellison win in regular time.

What I did see this week was some similance of a defense, and some pretty good passing. Bot 2 point PATs were excellently executed passes. However, using Cowan (#30) almost 90% of the time running up the middle gets old pretty fast. They had tried a number of options to the right of the I that worked well, but then started going down the middle and to the left, where there wasn't a weak spot.

With a little more practice on passing, and the addition of someone who can actually kick the ball throught the uprights, they would stand a chance. One other thing...Penalties were a lot fewer this week, as were execution errors, so evidently coach is concentrating on that. Their defense actually looked pretty darmn good.

PS...The fan spirit was outstanding and my eardrums still hurt. I haven't seen that much spirit in 4 years. No Eagle fan left the game with their head down. PLUS the players were fired up like I haven't seen in a long time.

We'll get 'em next week.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2012, 1:51 PM
Ellison will break into the win column one of these weeks.
Tonight I am worried about my Dawgs. Midway is a powerhouse. Cove will have to play turn-over free ball, cut down on penalties, get a couple of turnovers to even have a chance.
Even with all that, I still think Midway will win.

sojourner truth
October 12th, 2012, 2:04 PM
Yeah, I see all the pundits have picked Midway...Hope they get surprised.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2012, 7:04 PM
At the Dawg Pound and it is packed on the home side and the visitor's side is filling up quick.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2012, 7:53 PM
Midway drives down the field but misses a 46 yard field goal.
Cove drives down, missed a FG but Midway roughing the kicker penalty
Cove, 1st and goal.
Cove fumble. This is Cove's second fumble. Just what I was talking about.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Final: Midway - 42, Cove - 32. Cove has its chances. Fumble at the opponent's 5, missed FG, too many penalties.

corgifan
October 14th, 2012, 4:04 PM
Final: Midway - 42, Cove - 32. Cove has its chances. Fumble at the opponent's 5, missed FG, too many penalties.

Hahahaha - too bad your team lost. :)):)):))

CenTexDave
October 14th, 2012, 7:02 PM
Ahhhhhhhh, but wait until we play your team!!!!!!!! :bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl

onetime
October 14th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I was at the game, and let me tell you, Ellison was a different team this week. The only reason it went into overtime was because Ellison doesn't have a PAT or field goal kicker. They even went for 2 on PAT twice (in the air) and got it because they knew their kicker couldn't do the job. If he could have, the game would have ended as a 23/22 Ellison win in regular time.

What I did see this week was some similance of a defense, and some pretty good passing. Bot 2 point PATs were excellently executed passes. However, using Cowan (#30) almost 90% of the time running up the middle gets old pretty fast. They had tried a number of options to the right of the I that worked well, but then started going down the middle and to the left, where there wasn't a weak spot.

With a little more practice on passing, and the addition of someone who can actually kick the ball throught the uprights, they would stand a chance. One other thing...Penalties were a lot fewer this week, as were execution errors, so evidently coach is concentrating on that. Their defense actually looked pretty darmn good.

PS...The fan spirit was outstanding and my eardrums still hurt. I haven't seen that much spirit in 4 years. No Eagle fan left the game with their head down. PLUS the players were fired up like I haven't seen in a long time.

We'll get 'em next week.

Your commentary on the game is right up there with Madden and Gruden, if someone is unable to give you a job at espn I am sure KDH will give you a shot as a columnist.

sojourner truth
October 15th, 2012, 7:38 PM
Your commentary on the game is right up there with Madden and Gruden, if someone is unable to give you a job at espn I am sure KDH will give you a shot as a columnist.

Thanks...I think.

After reading your comment on my comment, I think there is an opening for you at saturday night live. They are always looking for another comedian.