PDA

View Full Version : 911 Day

Scarlett
September 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.911day.org/

The purpose of this movement is to do something positive for others every year on this day.

Today I am really strapped for time, so I decided to do something small for a stranger. It may not seem like much, but I went through the Starbucks drive thru and decided to pay for the person in the car behind me. I normally purchase a hot chocolate and a slice of pumpkin bread, but since I am on a budget and I was paying for his order, I just ordered the hot chocolate.
I got to the window and paid for mine, then asked the clerk to please charge me for his order. She asked why, I told her it was a day to do something kind for a stranger, and she beamed from ear to ear saying that was just so nice! I paid for his food and drink and left. Made me feel good...and I am hopeful that it made him happier this morning too.

When I got to school, I sat down and got started working and looked up to see one of my students from last year walking into my room. What did she have in her hand? A slice of pumpkin bread for me from Starbucks. She said, "I went there this morning and remembered how much you like this, so I bought you a piece."

Karma has a way of working for good sometimes...

I hope y'all take time today to just do something nice for someone and remember how fortunate we are to live in such an amazing country. God Bless us every one....

Ludwig
September 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Clifton Part Elementary School conducted a "Soldier Appreciation" parade around 9:30 this morning. It was nice to see those cute little kids obediently marching in single-file and carrying balloons and signs in front of a diversified (of course) group of soldiers.

cnjbond
September 11th, 2012, 12:54 PM
http://www.911day.org/

The purpose of this movement is to do something positive for others every year on this day.

Today I am really strapped for time, so I decided to do something small for a stranger. It may not seem like much, but I went through the Starbucks drive thru and decided to pay for the person in the car behind me. I normally purchase a hot chocolate and a slice of pumpkin bread, but since I am on a budget and I was paying for his order, I just ordered the hot chocolate.
I got to the window and paid for mine, then asked the clerk to please charge me for his order. She asked why, I told her it was a day to do something kind for a stranger, and she beamed from ear to ear saying that was just so nice! I paid for his food and drink and left. Made me feel good...and I am hopeful that it made him happier this morning too.

When I got to school, I sat down and got started working and looked up to see one of my students from last year walking into my room. What did she have in her hand? A slice of pumpkin bread for me from Starbucks. She said, "I went there this morning and remembered how much you like this, so I bought you a piece."

Karmahas a way of working for good sometimes...

I hope y'all take time today to just do something nice for someone and remember how fortunate we are to live in such an amazing country. God Bless us every one....

Some have another name for that, but I don't want to turn this into a religious thread... ;) awesome story!

cuatro
September 13th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Some have another name for that, but I don't want to turn this into a religious thread... ;) awesome story!

I was thinking the same thing...that is a "God-incidence" as my pastor says! Good Job, girlie!

Scarlett
September 13th, 2012, 2:25 PM
One of my students, when I was telling them this story, said, "See...that was Jesus."
:-)

Texas Immigrant
September 13th, 2012, 7:08 PM
One of my students, when I was telling them this story, said, "See...that was Jesus."
:-)

You've got some great ones!!