PDA

View Full Version : How 'Bout Those Aggies?!!!

cnjbond
September 10th, 2012, 4:49 PM
This is one of those few times that I sucribe to the notion that you can find some positive even in a loss. Those boys came out fired up in the first half, but I think those horses from the SEC wore them out...they still can't seem to marry up the 1st half team with the 2nd half team that comes out. Not to mention the mighty Florida Gators resorting to fake injuries to slow down A&M's quick pace. I think the Aggies will do just fine after they get some (SEC talent) recruiting classes under their belt.

sojourner truth
September 10th, 2012, 4:55 PM
I don't follow the aggies that much, but my wife does and she was saying that they had the same problem last year. Wonder what it about the 2nd half that drains their offensive game?

CenTexDave
September 10th, 2012, 6:15 PM
ESPN had an article about their collapse titled "Eerily Familiar". :))

cnjbond
September 10th, 2012, 9:05 PM
Hopefully they'll get it fixed. I tell you what, I just knew they were going to get blown out by the Gators but they showed some heart...now LSU and Bama will be a different story...

Ludwig
September 10th, 2012, 9:29 PM
The players on the field may not have been as good as some had hoped. But there was nothing at all wrong with the 12th Man. I am very proud of them.

siamcat
September 15th, 2012, 8:41 PM
Gig'em!!!!

They kicked some behind today8-;.

olderthandirt
September 15th, 2012, 9:13 PM
WHOOP!

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2012, 10:43 PM
That loss to Florida isn't so bad now. The Gators just beat up Tennessee pretty good.
And Southern Cal lost to Stanford. :)):)):))

cnjbond
September 16th, 2012, 8:48 AM
I hate to play the "shoulda, coulda, woulda" game but I wonder how different the outcome of the A&M and Florida game would've been if A&M had been able to play that tune-up game the week before that was cancelled due to the hurricane?

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2012, 1:15 PM
Very good point. Most coaches feel that you improve by 100% from the first game to the second.

Ludwig
September 16th, 2012, 2:10 PM
But then again, SMU can make anyone look good. A&M beating SMU is about as significant as Penn State beating Navy.

siamcat
September 16th, 2012, 4:43 PM
But then again, SMU can make anyone look good. A&M beating SMU is about as significant as Penn State beating Navy.

Maybe, but I watched both games and A&M's defense looked pretty good in both games. Their offense has the talent, they just have to learn to adjust to the new teams.
I think they have a decent shot at winning games this season.

siamcat
September 23rd, 2012, 10:58 PM
What an awesome game last night. Manzell was amazing and the defense rocked. The second qb didn't look bad either.

Gig'em!!

olderthandirt
September 24th, 2012, 6:51 AM
We finally figured out the penalty thing (thank goodness!). And you're right -- Showers did a good job and is getting some experience (Shoemaker kid). In a few years, we'll be a serious contender in the SEC!

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2012, 9:09 AM
I like A&M, but let's get serious here. You really think they can compete against Alabama and LSU?

cnjbond
September 24th, 2012, 9:44 AM
I like A&M, but let's get serious here. You really think they can compete against Alabama and LSU?

Compete yes, win.......well, maybe not yet.

I was at this game and for the longest time I thought they were playing against the South Carolina Gamecocks. I was looking at the other teams uniforms thinking, "When they heck did they change blue, white and red?" and I didn't see Spurrier on the sideline either. After A&M kept running up and down the field on those poor kids, it finally clicked that they were playing agains South Carolina State! :p :doh

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2012, 1:02 PM
South Carolina State is an FBS team - the old Div I-AA. These FBS teams don't necessarily roll over and die when they play the big boys early in the season.
Remember - Michigan's woes started when Appalachia State went to the Big House and beat them. :))

cnjbond
October 6th, 2012, 11:42 PM
"Not by the hair of my chiny, chin, chin"...the Aggies pulled out a heart stopping win today, way to go Aggies!!!

CenTexDave
October 7th, 2012, 7:24 AM
Remember, Texas hung something like 60+ on Miss.

siamcat
October 7th, 2012, 6:59 PM
Whoop!

Dave, what is it with the negative attitude. I'm sure we all realize that it will be tough going in the SEC, but let us be excited for how well they're doing right now.
They pulled one out which has been a problem for them in the past. I think they're going to be very good in the coming years and might just surprise a team or two this year.

cnjbond
October 7th, 2012, 7:27 PM
Whoop!

Dave, what is it with the negative attitude. I'm sure we all realize that it will be tough going in the SEC, but let us be excited for how well they're doing right now.
They pulled one out which has been a problem for them in the past. I think they're going to be very good in the coming years and might just surprise a team or two this year.

They almost surprised Florida, which just so happened to knock off the mighty LSU Tigers.

CenTexDave
October 7th, 2012, 7:53 PM
I hope they do well in the SEC. That loss to Florida isn't looking that bad now.

siamcat
October 14th, 2012, 1:04 AM
Nail biter tonight, but they hung on.

Whoop!!!!

olderthandirt
October 14th, 2012, 1:51 AM
I think I aged ten years tonight, but I agree -- Whoop!!!

CenTexDave
October 14th, 2012, 6:40 AM
They survived. More big upsets yesterday as Texas Tech ended West Virginia's dreams and LSU showed they aren't dead yet by beating South Carolina.

kantwin
October 14th, 2012, 7:31 AM
They survived. More big upsets yesterday as Texas Tech ended West Virginia's dreams and LSU showed they aren't dead yet by beating South Carolina.

Tech has a knack for stepping up in some big games.

aggiemama
October 16th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I was looking at the posts and I am happy for the Ag's but there is something here that no one has touched on. How many AWESOME Texas players play outside the state. Coach Summlin should start out all of his recruiting with you can play in the SEC AND stay in Texas. Since the announcement was made all I heard was oh the Aggies are going to get kicked around the SEC, The Aggies biggest help, their fans won't follow them, my response was always "I think you will be surprised and we are going to be able to recruit like crazy" Because I am a nice Aggie Mama I don't go back and tell them "I told you so" Have a great week Gig'em and BTHO LSU!

CenTexDave
October 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
The problem with them jumping to the SEC is everyone seemed to want the old Southwestern Conference back. :)
Remember, that come from behind victory over Ole Miss?? Texas demolished them. And they didn't exactly blow out their last opponent who isn't even an SEC foe, but rather the game was rescheduled from what was supposed to be the first game of the season. Had they had that game under their belt, they might have fared better against Florida.
This Saturday is a big test - LSU. I hope they win, but don't think they will.
I will say their freshman QB is awesome.

olderthandirt
October 16th, 2012, 10:30 PM
For those heading to Kyle Field this weekend -- it's the Annual "Aggies CAN" food drive. Bring a canned good (or two or twenty) to help those who need a hand up and not necessarily a hand OUT! And if you're not making the trek and are interested in helping, let me know and I'll make sure it gets delivered Thanks, and Gig 'em!

cnjbond
October 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Wish I could go but unfortunately I'll be in Korea for the next few weeks :(

CenTexDave
October 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Don't eat too much of that nuclear waste known as kimchee.

Ludwig
October 17th, 2012, 1:53 PM
Don't eat too much of that nuclear waste known as kimchee.

"Nuclear Waste?" Really? There is more nuclear waste in your common hotdog and bologna than there is in a pot of winter kimchee. You just don't know what's good my friend.

CenTexDave
October 17th, 2012, 3:16 PM
But I do, Herr Ludwig, and it ain't kimchee. Now if you were offering up a good jagerschnitzel with real spatzle and red cabbage I'd dig in. :)

Ludwig
October 17th, 2012, 3:30 PM
...Now if you were offering up a good jagerschnitzel with real spatzle and red cabbage I'd dig in. :)

Next time I cook some up I'll give you a call. I have to make my own these days since I have not found an eatery in the area that does it correctly or well. Main errors: canned rather than fresh mushrooms, pork rather than veal, cabbage overcooked, tasteless spaetzle.

CenTexDave
October 17th, 2012, 3:39 PM
Amen. There hasn't been a real, real good German restaurant around here for a long, long time.
Went to one in Walburg a couple months ago and it was pretty good.

cnjbond
October 17th, 2012, 7:39 PM
Too late Dave, I've already chowed down on some kimchee...yummy!!!

cnjbond
October 20th, 2012, 5:47 PM
Looks like the Aggies ran out of time again. They played LSU pretty tough and think they'll do well in the SEC once they figure out how to make adjustments and limit their mistakes. This was a wakeup call to the rest of the conference that A&M just might be for real!!!

Gig 'em!!

siamcat
October 20th, 2012, 5:54 PM
The turnovers killed them. They had more yards and first downs then LSU, but they have to figure out how they can eliminate the turnovers.
Very good game.
Gig'em!

Night Owl
October 20th, 2012, 8:59 PM
they lost. Doesn't matter how they played, they still figured out a way to lose. Doesn't matter what conference they are in they are still the aggies.:))

Ludwig
October 20th, 2012, 9:05 PM
Angies new loose or get whipped... they just get out scored.

siamcat
October 20th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Boooo to both NO and Ludwig.

olderthandirt
October 21st, 2012, 7:07 AM
Boooo to both NO and Ludwig.
I think you meant Hssssss....... (Aggies don't booo). And I agree with you!

siamcat
October 21st, 2012, 5:26 PM
I think you meant Hssssss....... (Aggies don't booo). And I agree with you!
Sorry, still learning the lingo:p.

siamcat
October 27th, 2012, 9:38 PM
GIG'EM!!!!!

What a game. Great job Aggies.

Whoop.

Now I know Auburn lost their last four, now five I think. But I'm still doing a happy dance.
Aggies can happy dance?:)

olderthandirt
October 27th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Aggies can happy dance?:)

Definitely! And since this was the biggest point lead against auburn at their home field since 1917, it's a BIG happy dance! Gig 'em Aggies! We've got two big games over the next couple of weeks, but we're definitely a contender in the SEC.

kantwin
October 27th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Living in SE Alabama, I know several Auburn fans and alumni, and they are awfully quiet this year.
That being said, ROLL TIDE!

cnjbond
October 28th, 2012, 5:59 AM
We didn't get to see the game here in Korea but when I saw the ticker on the bottom of the game we were watching show A&M 42 Auburn 7 in the 2nd QTR, I was like that HAS to be a mistake...OMGEEZY, those boys wanted to make sure there was no chance of them coming back this time!!!

Well done Aggies!!

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2012, 6:48 AM
And some other big games as a few undefeateds went down yesterday - Georgia beat Florida, Kent State beat Rutgers, Oregon State lost to Washington.
USC lost to Arizona and Notre Dame beat Oklahoma. :))

Scarlett
October 28th, 2012, 9:26 AM
I know one undefeated team that's still undefeated......;)
That was a beautiful game....

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2012, 11:14 AM
You "know one undefeated team that's still undefeated"!!?? I should hope if they are undefeated then they are still undefeated. :))
They are looking real good. Unfortunately, the college playoff system won't come into being until 2014. KSU will run the table, but I don't think they will end up in the #2 BCS slot. That will go to Oregon who should win out also, although the Ducks do have to play USC and Oregon State (both who lost yesterday). Notre Dame is looking good, too. Louisville is undefeated but won't have much to claim. And my Buckeyes are on probation and can't compete in a bowl game.
Now if only LSU would upset Alabama next week..........................:)

Rick
November 10th, 2012, 6:19 PM
Aggies knock of #1 Bama!

Congratulations!!!

Grammar Rules
November 10th, 2012, 6:40 PM
We got home in time to see the last quarter. Great job!

xzochye
November 10th, 2012, 6:58 PM
That was an AWESOME game!

CenTexDave
November 10th, 2012, 7:45 PM
Excellent. Hopefully now someone from a conference other than the SEC can win a BCS Championship.

Rick
November 10th, 2012, 7:51 PM
At the Crusaders game, they were announcing the score and the crowd was cheering as loud as when UMHB scored. I think the Mississippi College fans were cheering too.

I love it because when they left, all you heard from the Big 12 was how there was no way that they could compete in the SEC. They are 5-2 and knocked off the big dog. Haha Texas fans, would you care to revise that statement?

CenTexDave
November 10th, 2012, 8:28 PM
So how did the Crusaders do?

siamcat
November 10th, 2012, 8:43 PM
GIG'EM!!!!!

I like this part of the article.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manziel-no-15-texas-m-002228906--ncaaf.html;_ylt=Ap_ee7XgrRfAOAb5xlvZX1f81LYF
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- Johnny Football and the SEC newbies from Texas A&M took down the biggest bully in their new neighborhood and left No. 1 Alabama with badly bruised national championship hopes.

Rick
November 10th, 2012, 8:54 PM
So how did the Crusaders do?

59-0 to close out the regular season 10-0.

cnjbond
November 11th, 2012, 2:34 AM
How 'bout those Aggies?!!!! I think I woke up the entire hotel from yelling when A&M won this game. I bet College Station was the place to be last night. My daughter said there was quite a bit of celebrating on campus...this was a HUGE win for A&M and to do it in Tide Country is the icing on the cake. Just think of those two close games they lost against Florida and LSU cost them or maybe they served to inspire them to play tougher. This win (and I'm sure a few more the rest of this season) has opened the door to get some big time All American recruiting prospects. Johnny football is only a freshmen..WOW!!!

Whoop!!!!!

cityboy
November 11th, 2012, 7:16 AM
Really proud of A&M. How 'about them Aggies, UT? First time I've seen Johnny Manziel play -- incredible. Amazing. I don't know who to compare him to ...

CenTexDave
November 11th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Guess you don't watch football much then.
Try Michael Vick, Cam Newton, RG3, Ohio State's Braxton Miller and that freshman QB from Oregon (forget his name).

siamcat
November 17th, 2012, 8:32 PM
They kicked butt again today.

Thought it was funny, when they made the TD to go up 40-0, they let Manzell try to kick the extra point. He missed, but I guess he's been practicing kicking.
GIG'EM

CenTexDave
November 17th, 2012, 9:37 PM
Gig'em. Against Sam Houston State!! :))
But most of SEC took the weekend off with South Carolina playing that powerhouse Wofford, Florida had a tough one against Jacksonville State and Georgia had a tough opponent in Georgia Southern!! :))

siamcat
November 17th, 2012, 9:54 PM
Gig'em. Against Sam Houston State!! :))
But most of SEC took the weekend off with South Carolina playing that powerhouse Wofford, Florida had a tough one against Jacksonville State and Georgia had a tough opponent in Georgia Southern!! :))

There you go again.

Sam Houston State's record before this was 8-3 and we broke their 7 game win streak. They are one of the top teams in their conference.

I guess every Aggie win is just because the other team is bad, never mind we beat the #1 team last week. Guess that was just a fluke.

I'm proud of the way they handled playing in the SEC so far.

GIG'EM

CenTexDave
November 17th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I didn't say it was a fluke, and I'm not an Aggie hater.