20 Thomas More 9-2 116 24
21 Illinois Wesleyan 9-2 105 21
22 Hobart 7-2 103 --
23 UW-Platteville 7-3 96 --
24 Birmingham-Southern 7-2 87 --
25 Widener 9-2 79 --

BobKerley
August 2nd, 2012, 1:06 PM
They have only 4 home games? That sucks! Trinity is going to be a good game in SA

Overall: 0-0 - Conference: 0-0
9/8 vs. Kean 7:00 PM
9/15 at Wesley • 12:00 PM
9/22 at Trinity (Texas) • 7:00 PM
9/29 at Sul Ross State * • 2:00 PM
10/6 vs. Texas Lutheran * • 7:00 PM
10/13 at Louisiana College • 12:00 PM
10/20 vs. Hardin-Simmons * • 2:00 PM
10/27 at Howard Payne * • 3:00 PM
11/3 at East Texas Baptist * • 2:00 PM
11/10 vs. Mississippi College * • 2:00 PM

All times Eastern (* Conference; • In-region)

CenTexDave
August 2nd, 2012, 4:41 PM
Div III polls is starting to resemble the major Div I polls - always the same heavyweights.
Good for UMHB. I hope they win it all this year. That home game against Wesley will go a long way in showing how good they are this year. Wesley is always good.

Liz76513
August 2nd, 2012, 7:38 PM
I'll be there! Go CRU!!!

Rick
August 2nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
I'll be there too. I was disappointed that there are only four home games. But this should mean that they'll have six next year when they open the new stadium.

Maybe we need a CenTexTalk.com day. We can go eat at Schoepf's before the game, then go cheer on the Cru!

My seats are Section C seats 14 and 15. Say Hi!!

xzochye
August 2nd, 2012, 11:07 PM
I'll be there too. I was disappointed that there are only four home games. But this should mean that they'll have six next year when they open the new stadium.

Maybe we need a CenTexTalk.com day. We can go eat at Schoepf's before the game, then go cheer on the Cru!

My seats are Section C seats 14 and 15. Say Hi!!

That would be awesome! My son and I would go.

BobKerley
August 2nd, 2012, 11:24 PM
I'll be there! Go CRU!!!

I will be there as well... as much as I can.

Last season's games were fun. One game it just poured buckets of rain and we all had to hide under the bleachers for about an hour or more before the game started again. It wasnt too bad.

Rick
August 3rd, 2012, 9:23 AM
I remember the rain game. The lightning warning went off and everyone was packed under the stands. I was still recovering from shoulder surgery, so I ended up leaving.

onetime
August 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Div III polls is starting to resemble the major Div I polls - always the same heavyweights.
Good for UMHB. I hope they win it all this year. That home game against Wesley will go a long way in showing how good they are this year. Wesley is always good.

You think so? I always think you have a few upstarts in Division 1 football that makes it interesting. Good coaching is major in division 1 football, look at Kansas, Tech, and mizzu a few years ago. Baylor is an upstart that may disappear, Ok state. Florida State is the last team that comes to mind that just had a long string a good play from the 90s to early part of this century they were always ranked in the top 15. Your always just one recruiting class away from being good or bad. Division III is different, one most of these schools have been up here for the longest, I would like to see UMHB go D2 though, that would be cool to see them play tarleton and a few other Texas schools.

BobKerley
August 3rd, 2012, 1:12 PM

yeah, the same schools that have been there before: Mount Union, Wesley, MH-B, etc. The amazing thing is how young the MH-B program is; they hit the ground running and have become a power house in short order - quite impressive. I cant wait for the new stadium to be built. I bet that stadium gets filled up pretty quickly. We should sell the Killeen high school press box to them - j/k, j/k well, maybe not LOL

what I like about the MH-B games (and the Round Rock Express baseball team) is that it's an opportunity to take some neighborhood kids to a game that will not break the pocket book. I will not attempt to do that for a Texas Rangers game again... ridiculously too expensive. A neighbor's son just moved here from Alabama and took him a couple of times in order to encourage him try and walk on at UMH-B (Apparently, he was quite the athlete in high school). It was hilarious to watch. I dont know if he enjoyed the game as much becasuse his head was on a swivel with all the eye candy. hahaha I still tease him about that.

onetime
August 3rd, 2012, 4:06 PM
yeah, the same schools that have been there before: Mount Union, Wesley, MH-B, etc. The amazing thing is how young the MH-B program is; they hit the ground running and have become a power house in short order - quite impressive. I cant wait for the new stadium to be built. I bet that stadium gets filled up pretty quickly. We should sell the Killeen high school press box to them - j/k, j/k well, maybe not LOL

what I like about the MH-B games (and the Round Rock Express baseball team) is that it's an opportunity to take some neighborhood kids to a game that will not break the pocket book. I will not attempt to do that for a Texas Rangers game again... ridiculously too expensive. A neighbor's son just moved here from Alabama and took him a couple of times in order to encourage him try and walk on at UMH-B (Apparently, he was quite the athlete in high school). It was hilarious to watch. I dont know if he enjoyed the game as much becasuse his head was on a swivel with all the eye candy. hahaha I still tease him about that.

Tell him to walk on to a division 3 school? The problem with UMHB is that while it is a division 3 school (non scholarship) the kids that "play" for them are often Division 2 and D 1AA (or whatever it is called now), back to the point UMHB is disgustingly expensive option for a hope to make the team. I would just as well send him to Tartelton state, Angelo State, Midwestern State, etc etc he probably would have just as good a shot with a 3rd of the bill to foot.

BobKerley
August 3rd, 2012, 4:08 PM
Tell him to walk on to a division 3 school? The problem with UMHB is that while it is a division 3 school (non scholarship) the kids that "play" for them are often Division 2 and D 1AA (or whatever it is called now), back to the point UMHB is disgustingly expensive option for a hope to make the team. I would just as well send him to Tartelton state, Angelo State, Midwestern State, etc etc he probably would have just as good a shot with a 3rd of the bill to foot.

Good point... It was mainly just to get him interested in local football and have a good time; nothing real deep intended.