PDA

View Full Version : Penn State kicker Anthony Fera transferring to Texas

BobKerley
August 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Penn State kicker Anthony Fera transferring to Texas (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/08/anthony-fera-transfer-penn-state-texas/1?AID=4992781&PID=4003003&SID=116c2agi9yz23#.UBq6jqPV4nF)

All-Big Ten kicker Anthony Fera has decided to transfer to Texas, dealing the Nittany Lions a major hit to their special teams.

There was no announcement from either school after a report by ESPN, though Fera had been removed from the Penn State roster on the school's website.

The move for his final two years of eligibility makes sense. The Longhorns are looking for replacement after place kicker Justin Tucker finished his career.

Fera gets to return to his native Texas after attending high school outside Houston at St. Pius X in Cypress.

---------------------

It looks like Fera is going to pull the trigger and transfer to Texas. This is very good news for Texas and was arguably their weakest position going into the season with the graduation of last year's punter-kicker Justin Tucker. A few months ago, Texas had a senior All-ACC punter transfer from Duke that should answer the punting concerns. And now they have one of the best kickers in the nation transfer in to plug the biggest hole - kicker.

CenTexDave
August 5th, 2012, 9:24 AM
Initially all these Penn State players stated they were staying.
The past week a bunch of their better players are bailing on them. Their star RB transferred to USC. A WR transferred. Can't blame them.

onetime
August 5th, 2012, 9:44 PM
Initially all these Penn State players stated they were staying.
The past week a bunch of their better players are bailing on them. Their star RB transferred to USC. A WR transferred. Can't blame them.

I honestly don't even see the major point for established players, they would have fielded a good squad this year. I call bs on players playing for championships, they play to make it in the league. What advantage does the rb gain? What if he doesn't work out at USC? How about the kicker? Who knows I can't honestly see why a starter would transfer unless there was a mass exodus

CenTexDave
August 6th, 2012, 7:22 AM
The RB will have some real competition. USC is a premier program. He may regret this if he ends up on the bench.