PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a bad day at 0U

BobKerley
July 31st, 2012, 11:37 AM
Talking about having a bad day yesterday!

Initially taken from the sooner SCOUT board but filled in with info from crimsonandcreammachine

2013 RB Greg Bryant (Decommitted) - top 5 running back decommit
Mike Farrell @rivalsmike: Florida RB Greg Bryant has de-committed from #Oklahoma according to his dad. Wants to play in SEC, #Auburn and #Gamecocks on top.
They still have Ford coming in but they really need more depth.

OL Nila Kasitati (Heart Surgery, not life threatening) -
According to this tweet from fellow teammate Tress Way, Oklahoma offensive lineman Nila Kasitati will apparently be undergoing surgery Tuesday morning. It's reportedly believed to be for a non-career and non-life threatening (with the non-life part obviously being the more more important of the two) heart condition.

RB Roy Finch (UNK - Sprained ankle in basketball game) -
@SoonerScoop: Our @Eddie_Rado talked with eyewitness to Roy Finch's ankle sprain suffered during pickup hoops at Huff. Finch "down for a while".
This is a depth chart and versatility hit for the sooners to both the RB and receiver option out of the backfield.

OL Dylan Dismuke (Medical schollie - Done with football, knee injury related)
OL takes another hit. Depth at OL is now a huge concern at 0U.

JUCO OL Will Latu (Did not qualify)
John E Hoover@johnehoover: Source tells us Will Latu has failed to qualify and Dylan Dismuke's career at Oklahoma is over.
0U really needed Latu to come in and provide immediate help and depth and that will not happen now.

JUCO WR Courtney Gardner (Grayshirt, did not qualify, will be in Norman in Jan)
John E Hoover@johnehoover: OU source tells me #Sooners WR Bester is waiting on word from NCAA to be cleared, but Courtney Gardner will grayshirt & be at OU in January.
This hurt the sooners for the 2012 season. They really needed him to come in and provide immediate receiver experience. As it is, they still have only one receiver that has had game experience.

Okie has had a several player suspensions and expulsions during this off season already and this is not what they needed to happen in order to shore up depth in the offensive line, receiver and running back positions.

CenTexDave
July 31st, 2012, 12:11 PM
Not a good day indeed, but it's still Oklahoma. They'll win the Big 12 most likely. I can't see anyone else really challenging them for it.

BobKerley
July 31st, 2012, 12:31 PM
As usual, I think it will come down to the red river shootout (I refuse to use the politically correct RRR)

onetime
July 31st, 2012, 7:08 PM
Talking about having a bad day yesterday!

Initially taken from the sooner SCOUT board but filled in with info from crimsonandcreammachine

2013 RB Greg Bryant (Decommitted) - top 5 running back decommit
Mike Farrell @rivalsmike: Florida RB Greg Bryant has de-committed from #Oklahoma according to his dad. Wants to play in SEC, #Auburn and #Gamecocks on top.
They still have Ford coming in but they really need more depth.

OL Nila Kasitati (Heart Surgery, not life threatening) -
According to this tweet from fellow teammate Tress Way, Oklahoma offensive lineman Nila Kasitati will apparently be undergoing surgery Tuesday morning. It's reportedly believed to be for a non-career and non-life threatening (with the non-life part obviously being the more more important of the two) heart condition.

RB Roy Finch (UNK - Sprained ankle in basketball game) -
@SoonerScoop: Our @Eddie_Rado talked with eyewitness to Roy Finch's ankle sprain suffered during pickup hoops at Huff. Finch "down for a while".
This is a depth chart and versatility hit for the sooners to both the RB and receiver option out of the backfield.

OL Dylan Dismuke (Medical schollie - Done with football, knee injury related)
OL takes another hit. Depth at OL is now a huge concern at 0U.

JUCO OL Will Latu (Did not qualify)
John E Hoover@johnehoover: Source tells us Will Latu has failed to qualify and Dylan Dismuke's career at Oklahoma is over.
0U really needed Latu to come in and provide immediate help and depth and that will not happen now.

JUCO WR Courtney Gardner (Grayshirt, did not qualify, will be in Norman in Jan)
John E Hoover@johnehoover: OU source tells me #Sooners WR Bester is waiting on word from NCAA to be cleared, but Courtney Gardner will grayshirt & be at OU in January.
This hurt the sooners for the 2012 season. They really needed him to come in and provide immediate receiver experience. As it is, they still have only one receiver that has had game experience.

Okie has had a several player suspensions and expulsions during this off season already and this is not what they needed to happen in order to shore up depth in the offensive line, receiver and running back positions.

It is starting to heat up!!! Honestly though Bobby Kerley it won't make a difference, the conference is softer then baby poo right now and they are heads and tails above everyone else including my own flag ship. Baylor (Down) A&M (gone) OK State (New QB) TCU(tougher schedule will fade) Texas (still rebuilding next year) WV (read TCUs with less talent) everyone else is irrelevant.

BobKerley
July 31st, 2012, 9:16 PM
It is starting to heat up!!! Honestly though Bobby Kerley it won't make a difference, the conference is softer then baby poo right now and they are heads and tails above everyone else including my own flag ship. Baylor (Down) A&M (gone) OK State (New QB) TCU(tougher schedule will fade) Texas (still rebuilding next year) WV (read TCUs with less talent) everyone else is irrelevant.

I dont necessarily disagree with any of that except that we could say that about most conferences - if you analyze most conferences you might say virtually all of them are down with the exception of the PAC with USC very strong this year. I still think the Big12 will end up with 5-6 team in the top 25 with possibly 8 out of 10 going to bowls making it still a very strong conference. Texas should be improved over last year and will likely surprise people with good schemes to go along with excellent talent. On the other hand, 0U has several weaknesses on both offense and defense. 0U should win and might win but I think it will be a lot harder than people think.

onetime
July 31st, 2012, 11:07 PM
I think the national champion will be either Alabama or USC or another SEC school, big 12 does not have a shot but who knows.

CenTexDave
August 1st, 2012, 7:11 AM
USC? Possible, as they are off probation now.
Don't see any team from the Big 12 or Big Ten. Ohio State is still down after that coach being fired. Urban Meyer will need another year or two to get them back up to par.
Look for LSU or Alabama again to play in the championship game against probably USC.

Night Owl
August 1st, 2012, 3:00 PM
Penn State:)

BobKerley
August 1st, 2012, 5:33 PM
Penn State

hahaha doubt it.

They've had several transfers the last few days. Matter of fact, the Penn State MVP from last year and All-Big 10 punter and kicker, Anthony Fera (Jr), was in Austin with his parents looking into transferring back to Texas. Fera went to high school at Cypress St Pius X near Houston but was recruited by PSU as HS All-American. Fera has been mentioned as a pre-season Ray Guy Award candidate (best punter award) and the Lou Groza Award candidate list (best kicker award). If Texas has a major weakness this year, it's on special teams and, specifically, kicker with the graduation of punter-kicker Justin Tucker. Texas recently had a senior punter transfer from Duke, Alex King (Sr), so punting duties should be good but the young stud kickers on the roster havent separated themselves during spring and summer workouts.

BobKerley
August 1st, 2012, 7:47 PM
Okie took another serious hit today.

Their starting center, Ben Habern, quit football today with lingering neck and back concerns. Habern was a preseason All-Big 12 candidate who started 30 games at OU. An arm injury limited the Argyle, Texas, native to six starts a year ago after he opened all 14 games in 2010, earning All-Big 12 honorable mention honors from the Associated Press in the process. He was named to the All-Big 12 Freshman Team by ESPN.com in 2009.

Tough break for Ben but this means a reshuffle of the Sooner OL, with Gabe Ikard likely taking over center duties and the promising Adam Shead elevated to a starter's role. Their OL was in a tenuous situation before this and now it's on life support. Any more OL injuries and they are done from an offensive dominance standpoint.

The receiver situation is so bad now that today Stoopes reinstated group of malcontents back on the team - yeah, that's the ticket. LOL "Trey Franks, Quentin Hayes and Jaz Reynolds have all been reinstated to the roster for practice only, and will remain suspended indefinitely from participating in games. Kameel Jackson's suspension will be reviewed at the conclusion of the current academic session." - Soonersports. They "will remain suspended indefinitely" - yeah, right; we'll see how long that last. hahaha

no... things are not well in okieland.

BobKerley
August 7th, 2012, 11:32 AM
More bad news for okie... Sounds like OU just lost another OL. JM Mcgees twitter account suggest that he has quit football all together. Also, T Evans missed practice this morning and was on crutches.

SoonerScoop.com @SoonerScoop
Freshman all American offensive guard John Michael McGee nowhere to be found at practice today as well.

Guerin Emig @GuerinEmig
Counted 14 #Sooners o-linemen in drills. That number not exactly reassuring, for a unit that's a supposed strength.

John M. McGee @UnappreciatedJM
Football isn't for everybody.

John M. McGee @UnappreciatedJM
I love my mom. Texarkana in my future.