PDA

View Full Version : Dog trainer

Godzilla
July 25th, 2012, 7:43 AM
My dog is 9 yrs old, are there any trainers within Killeen who can work with me & my dog?
He is smart, Australian Sheppard mixed with something tall. As I get older, I am having difficulty
Handling him. I would love to be able to take him for walks, but need training tips.
A friend said my dog was not mean, just scared.

TexMexYum
July 25th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Not sure about anyone in Killeen, but Unleased Unlimited in the Austin area is fabulous.
512-618-8064

Godzilla
July 25th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Have you ever heard of Lone Star Dog Trainer out of Cove?

xzochye
July 25th, 2012, 1:37 PM
Not sure about anyone in Killeen, but Unleased Unlimited in the Austin area is fabulous.
512-618-8064

See if parks and rec still offer classes. I took one of my dogs there when he was younger and that little old lady worked wonders with him. Also, PetsMart has classes.

spedkiddos
July 28th, 2012, 11:02 PM
We use sit means sit... My girl has done really well there. They have 6 group classes a week (which is unlimited), they also have one on one training. They will also give you a free demo using your dog.

FieryPrincess
July 29th, 2012, 12:11 AM
My dog is 9 yrs old, are there any trainers within Killeen who can work with me & my dog?
He is smart, Australian Sheppard mixed with something tall. As I get older, I am having difficulty
Handling him. I would love to be able to take him for walks, but need training tips.
A friend said my dog was not mean, just scared.

My newest dog is (I believe) part Australian Shepherd and she is skittish too. It is a process and it takes time and lots of attention.

Have you tried walking your dog with a gentle leader?

rk103
July 30th, 2012, 3:42 PM
He is too old for new tricks. Sorry could not help myself. Time, patients and consitancy are really the best resources. Without which, success is difficult.