PDA

View Full Version : Dog Care-boarding

Godzilla
July 23rd, 2012, 2:01 PM
I am looking for boarding for the 3rd week in August.
Problem: my dog is 80 pounds, and very skittish around strangers, which appears as aggression.
He has never bit anyone and has rabies & kennel cough vaccines.

Any advice for assistance will be appreciated, and no I cannot take him with me on my trip.
It would be for a full week,

cityboy
July 23rd, 2012, 4:17 PM
We have always had great service from the place in Copperas Cove, just inside the eastern city limits on the north side of 190 ... (Cove Animal Hospital?)

FieryPrincess
July 23rd, 2012, 11:24 PM
I always liked to use Roomin' and Groomin' out near the airport. Our 90-pound shepherd mix acted much like you describe.

engteach64
July 24th, 2012, 8:00 AM
Roomin' and Groomin' closed down a cupl of years ago. I always used them, and one day they said they don't do it anymore.

I use my vet, Town and Country. They are very well priced, and treat the animals great. When I pick my dogs up after boarding, they don't want to come home. The people who take care of them are wonderful, take them out to play regularly, and ask if your dog can play with other dogs. They also make sure my dogs are facing each other in their kennels so they can see each other. I love the place. If longer than 3 days you have to pay for them to be bathed the day you pick them up, but I see that as a perk, My dogs come home smelling great, not like a kennel.

mac
July 24th, 2012, 11:56 AM
unless you just got money to throw away it's hard to beat that place down there at the end of anne blvd in HH. good people and they want your return business......they may not be the fanciest in town but they do do a good job. el centro and aztec are good too but costs quite a bit more......

Chief
July 24th, 2012, 5:15 PM
Stillhouse Pet Hotel, 7551Chaparral Rd is my favorite. I have a german Shepherd and they are really great with her. They do bathing and grooming also. The road to their place is about a half mile long and dirt, but their place is very new, well maintained, lots of outdoor running space and I highly recommend them. Remember you get what you pay for. Phone 501-7298.

FieryPrincess
July 24th, 2012, 11:21 PM
The one at the end of Anne is Booker's. if you have a pampered pooch, it will come as something of a shock to your pet. They are also very nice there. They helped us with the cremation of our dog when he died unexpectedly and we were in shock.

I am sad to hear that R&G is closed. That place was amazing. I hope they. Posed for reasons that make them happy (like retirement) and not for a bad reason. Those ladies there were wonderful.

Chief
July 25th, 2012, 12:01 AM
The one at the end of Anne is Booker's. if you have a pampered pooch, it will come as something of a shock to your pet. They are also very nice there. They helped us with the cremation of our dog when he died unexpectedly and we were in shock.

I am sad to hear that R&G is closed. That place was amazing. I hope they. Posed for reasons that make them happy (like retirement) and not for a bad reason. Those ladies there were wonderful.

Gay, the owner passed away.

Sloane Peterson
July 26th, 2012, 5:20 PM
We use the Dog Spot in Salado and my dog loves it. They even give us a sheet at the end about how she was - eating, drinking, playing, sleeping habits etc.

HistoryTeacher
July 29th, 2012, 10:28 AM
We've used Eastlake across from Longbranch park and had no problems.

FieryPrincess
July 29th, 2012, 5:53 PM
We never used them for boarding, but Dr Joyner was our vet the entire time we were in Killeen. Great guy. Only flaw I could find was that he wasn't an A&M vet ('cuz even UT fans have to admit that A&M has a wickedly awesome veterinary program!).