PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals Start Tonight

CenTexDave
June 12th, 2012, 5:40 PM
Who wins, and why?

Ludwig
June 12th, 2012, 6:06 PM
Who wins, and why?

More to the point, who cares who wins and why.

CenTexDave
June 12th, 2012, 6:19 PM
5/5 :bluerofl

Night Owl
June 12th, 2012, 10:14 PM
OKC because I can't stand the other team.

CenTexDave
June 15th, 2012, 8:26 AM
If you watched last night's game you can't help but like the finals. I watch very little NBA basketball during the regular season or even the first couple rounds of the playoffs, because it's pretty obvious who will win.
LeBron James and Kevin Durant are obviously from a different galaxy. This will be a helluva finals.

kantwin
June 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
OKC almost pulled it off, despite the officiating.

CenTexDave
June 15th, 2012, 11:28 AM
That was some pretty crappy refereeing.

cnjbond
June 17th, 2012, 6:51 PM
I think whichever team wins tonight will win the series.

CenTexDave
June 17th, 2012, 8:38 PM
The Thunder came to play tonight!!!!!!!!!!

cnjbond
June 17th, 2012, 9:59 PM
Oh no they di'nt!

They just gave the Heat all the confidence they'll need to close this series out. Durant has to find a way to limit his fouls or it'll be over before they can get the series back to OK.

CenTexDave
June 18th, 2012, 5:55 AM
My post was when they had a double digit lead in the 3rd quarter.:-s

cnjbond
June 19th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I think the Thunder just got their hearts ripped out tonight...that's all she wrote. There's no way the Heat will lose 3 in a row. OKC let too many opportunities slip through their fingers...literally...and Durant all but disappeared in the 4th quarter.

xzochye
June 19th, 2012, 10:53 PM
I think the Thunder just got their hearts ripped out tonight...that's all she wrote. There's no way the Heat will lose 3 in a row. OKC let too many opportunities slip through their fingers...literally...and Durant all but disappeared in the 4th quarter.

It would be an awesome comeback if they COULD pull it off though. Deflate the Heats, Lebron and Wade's egos some.

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2012, 6:59 AM
No team has ever come back from a 3 - 1 deficit.
Durant may have disappeared in the 4th quarter, but Westbrook didn't. One helluva game for him.
All Thunder fans can hope for is LeBron to start cramping early in game 5. :))

xzochye
June 20th, 2012, 12:52 PM
No team has ever come back from a 3 - 1 deficit.
Durant may have disappeared in the 4th quarter, but Westbrook didn't. One helluva game for him.
All Thunder fans can hope for is LeBron to start cramping early in game 5. :))

I know that's true. I'm not a huge fan of either team. Spurs all the way here. That being said I really don't care for the heat and would love to see a comeback. At least take it to game 7.

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I'm sure that's what the NBA and ABC wishes also - all the way to Game 7.

cnjbond
June 20th, 2012, 6:29 PM
Someone needs to tell the refs then cause it's like OKC is playing against 8 people instead of 5 and it's hard to win a game that way!

kantwin
June 20th, 2012, 7:14 PM
Someone needs to tell the refs then cause it's like OKC is playing against 8 people instead of 5 and it's hard to win a game that way!
But King James MUST have an NBA title, don't you realize that?

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2012, 3:03 PM
He's paid his dues. Durant and Westbrook have not.
So let LeBron get his title. He deserves it. He's been the best player in the game the past 5 years. The only reason is not an automatic MVP each year is the voters get tired of seeing him win it.
Also remember - the Chicago Bulls had the best record in the NBA this year. If their star player, Derrick Rose, had not gotten hurt at the end of the year we would have seen a great Bulls-Heat matchup, and OKC may have been playing a different team in this finals.

Night Owl
June 21st, 2012, 3:17 PM
Why does he deserve it. There are many great players that did not get a title. A player doesn't deserve crap. If he wants a title then he should earn it on the floor without help from the 3 non-players sharing the court.

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2012, 3:27 PM
That's what I'm saying. This is his third finals. He was just a kid, I think 21 years old, when the Cavs got swept in the finals by the Spurs.
Last year his head was not screwed on correctly.
This year he's been amazing. I read some pretty impressive stats on him the past couple of days. Holds the record for most games with 25 or more points in playoffs, and a couple of other stats I don't recall right now.
Tuesday night's game was a rough game. He has cramps, is hurting, yet still pumps in a three. The guy is unreal.

mac
June 21st, 2012, 7:38 PM
well, here we go, show time tonight...guess i'm for ok city but mainly just for more court time. if the spurs or celts aren't in it, i'm not much interested....don't like king james, though......mac

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2012, 9:53 PM
Doesn't look that there will be a game 6.

xzochye
June 21st, 2012, 10:26 PM

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2012, 10:37 PM
It's a blowout tonight.

cityboy
June 22nd, 2012, 8:32 AM
Does anyone really care about the Heat winning their championship? What an unlikeable bunch ...

kantwin
June 22nd, 2012, 9:05 AM
Does anyone really care about the Heat winning their championship? What an unlikeable bunch ...
They did?
Wow. Must have missed that.
Hmm. Life goes on.

CenTexDave
June 22nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
Give credit where it is due. The Thunder were the new kids on the block. Have to pay your dues in this game. James has done that.
I imagine the Thunder will be around for many years to come unless they break the team up.